Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Temporarily keep edit mode after chat post

After posting a chat, it'd be handy if without going to the options to edit we could just make a correction then and there. It only needs to stay in edit mode for seconds and then user should use the options to access edit.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Would be nice if when changing to a chat screen Message box would gain focus

this would allow quicker access to type messages.

This is how other chat platforms have operated, my default behavior is to switch to a chat window and start typing... but I'm then usually triggering hot keys.

I would like to be able to go into a chat window and immediately be able to start typing without clicking the "Type a new message" box.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make error messages appear somewhere in the app

On the mac desktop app, I try to upload a file that gives me an error. in the top right corner of my screen. Clicking on the error gives me nothing and I can't read the full message in the little bubble so I have no idea what's wrong. Maybe show the error in the actual chat so it's readable?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. See people/contacts on ribbon

In order to see people/contacts I have to navigate to chat then new chat. A better design would be to have a people on the main ribbon. If i wanted to check a person/contacts status it would not make any sense that I have to click new chat.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Teams not using WIndows 10 Features (ex. Pin to Start, People Bar, Cortana, etc)

Teams not using WIndows 10 Features (ex. Pin to Start, People Bar, Cortana, etc)

I should be able to pin any item from Teams to the Start Screen
    - ex. Person I am chatting with

Group I am chatting with

Teams / Channel / Favorites.

The fact is there is nothing in Teams that uses the Start Menu except for the app launching. As a Microsoft product I expect Teams to be in the forefront in taking advantage of the Windows 10 features.

I should be able to pin my Teams contacts in the People Bar. I should be able…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Integrate Teams into Win10 People hub

Would be good to see Teams integrate into the People Hub (part of the latest Win10 Fall update).

Currently we can see Email (which, frustratingly, doesn't link to Outlook!), People, and Skype (which we're moving away from) but to link directly to teams members to start a chat and schedule a meeting would be very useful.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Group conversations

It would be great if you could add websites to a group conversation just like you can in a one on one conversation.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Have 2 Separate Teams Applications Open Simultaneously

It would be nice to be able to have 2 separate teams application open simultaneously that way I can have one for chatting and one to view a channel. It would make it easier than having to click back and forth between the two to be able to communicate to both. The other option would be to be able to split the application to be able to view Teams and Chat at the same time.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Retry login when network is available

On my laptop I'm behind a proxy that requires a vpn connection. When the app starts it can't find an internet connection since I haven't had the time to login to the vpn. My experience is that the app won't retry the login when the network is available, I have to restart the app. Applications like Slack, Outlook and Spotify (or rather most applications) continuosly checks for an available connection and tries to login. Chrome even reloads open tabs when a connection becomes available.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Let us pin the SharePoint home page to the task bar in TEAMS

Let us pin the SharePoint home page to the task bar in TEAMS beside Conversations, Files & Wiki

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to remove old conversions. Ability to sort by user set groups. Ability to set a custom status.

Mac user.

There is no ability to remove old conversations.
    There is no ability to sort by user groups (such as favorites).
    There is no ability to set a custom busy or away status (this is a major deal for the Outlook business ecosystem).
    The app is massive, so instead of a small contact list window, you have to have a big kludgy panel open across your screen at all times.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make it easier to Minimize or resize the favorites column

The Favorites Column (I believe it is called) is way wider than I need and finding the expand option on the tab I was working was not intuitive at all. The ability to resize the width of that column would be very helpful.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Initial chat message only showing up in mobile client

Initial chat message never showed up in the Desktop client, only in the mobile client

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Teams is the DUMBEST calling app ever on Windows DESKTOP

This NEEDS fixing ASAP.

On the desktop, I hear ringing. I click on Teams. Nothing visible. Nothing in notication area. Finally I click through the users until I see under ONE SPECIFIC USER that there is a call answer option.

This is user design where the goal is to MAKE LIFE SO HARD NOONE WANTS TO USE IT.

Please change teams so when ringing, you can at least see the ringing ANY TIME you click on the app. Even better is if a notification comes up in Windows to just answer the call.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Would you supply screen shot function?

Would you supply screen shot function?It's very useful for team members quick communication and it's should be a frequently-used function. I just don't understand how it could be missed in both Skype and Teams.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Share from Microsoft Edge

I want to share webs from Microsoft Edge to Microsoft Teams.
    Microsoft Edge's SHARE button can share current web page to some APP, easy, quick way.
    so, I hope to share web pages from Microsoft Edge's share button to Microsoft Teams channels.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Teams causes Windows Explorer to crash.

I had a problem last week where Windows Explorer was crashing. I stopped using Teams and the problem was resolved.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Use PNG format for small images

Teams seems to use the JPEG format for all images pasted into it, regardless of the size. This format makes pictures such as screenshots look absolutely horrible, with artefacts going rampant around any text or other sharp edges. A lossless PNG format would be more suited for the task.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. html signature mail for windows 10

Please allow html signatures in windows 10 Mail application.

The app supports HTML mail naively. It is a pain that the signature is plain text only.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Pasted Images should be clickable for viewing at original size.

When I paste an image it shrinks. When I click it, it should show or render itself in the original size. Otherwise the pasted image can be useless if content is not perceivable. Confluence does this nicely.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base