Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show other contact numbers when clicking the Phone button

On the Windows Desktop App, when clicking on the Handset Icon it shows only Teams and Mobile number. It should show all the contact numbers setup for the user on ad.
    Similar request here:
    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Can-we-enable-calling-from-the-Contact-Card/td-p/481556

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Copy an image and paste it into Excel

If you copy an image attached to Teams, you may not be able to paste it directly into Excel etc.
    This feature should be fully supported.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Don't minimize meeting panel when going to an outside Chat

When in a meeting if i need to go to a chat with someone that is not part of the meeting my meeting panel gets minimized. Please allow a way to break the meeting out into its own panel so i can still chat.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Open Team in New Window

It would be great to have the ability to right-click on a team and choose "Open Team in New Window." That would be the only team in the new window, allowing the user to focus on that team's work. And even better if that window only accepted chats from that team's members.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. make chat window collapsable so i only see contact list

Would like to be able to collapse the chat window so I only see my contact list, if I am not in a chat I really don't need that whole window to be open taking up valuable screen space, I like having all the chat logs there but I would like to be able to hide it if I'm not currently using chat

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. screen sharing keyboard layout BUG

Its not really an idea, it is bug (a bug tracker would be a good idea...)

The bug: if you take control over the screen of someone else, and the other person has a different keyboard layout, your keystrokes in teams are interpreted using the keyboard layout of the pc you are controlling.

(try running some powershell commands if you have no idea where any symbols are).

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please publish the update history for Microsoft Teams Client on the Web. I can check the list of Update history for Office 365 ProPlus on t

Please publish the update history for Microsoft Teams Client on the Web.

I can check the list of Update history for Office 365 ProPlus on the web.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/update-history-office365-proplus-by-date

We also want to publish information on the Web, so that I can see the details of added and updated features for Microsoft Teams clients.

129 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enabling the possibility of opening 2 windows at the same time in Microsoft Teams

Once one is for ex. in the teams view looking into a file one would also like the possibility of opening the chat in another window to communicate with someone about what one sees in the file window. Without having to go out of the files window and into the chat room.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Privacy

Window needs to open up to a dashboard or a certain place without showing the conversations!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Close Teams Launcher page when Desktop client is launched

If we see the following page in a browser and the "Launch it now" link is clicked, the tab in the browser should be closed.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would like to be able to split out the chat from the teams channels and ungroup my chats

When You use MS Teams the chat and the channels are all lumped together. To be efficient at work I need to be able to see both at the same time. I tried opening a second teams like I do with outlook when I want my calendar up at the same time as my email but Teams doesn't do that. Either allow us to have two teams programs open at the same time or give us the option to separate the chat from the channels

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Teams language setting Reset Issue.

We apply a Japanese language pack to "Teams", however after Teams Update, the display setting reset to the English on base language. So I would like you to fix it.
    This is because English is set as the display language and the translation function of English can not be used.

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Unable to rotate 3D objects created in Catia application via Teams Desktop Sharing

Unable to rotate 3D objects created in Catia application via Teams Desktop Sharing

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Integrate Outlook Categories

I would love the ability to use categories I've created in Outlook for files and meetings in Teams, and have those categories carry from one app to the other, no matter which app the category was originally assigned in.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Feature to export detailed usage information of Teams’ channels

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Teams のチャネルの詳細な利用状況をエクスポートできるような機能を追加してほしい

Feature to export detailed usage information of Teams’ channels

■Description(内容):
    チャネル単位での Teams への投稿内容や、メンションの数、メンションの内容、「LIKE」の数をカウントして BI ツールで投稿との関連性を調査し、利用することを想定している。チャネル単位で BI ツールと連携可能な形での利用状況のカウントが簡易的に取得できるような機能を追加してほしい。

We would like to investigate the relevance between the Teams posts and the detailed usage by using BI tool, for each channel in Teams, such as contents of posts, the number of mentions, contents of mentions and the number of “Like”s.
    Therefore, we would like you to provide a feature to obtain the detailed usage information for Teams and collaborate with BI tool more easily.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. User Interface

The UI takes up a lot of screen real estate. Allow users to collapse it down to the navigation bar, then expand when actively using the program.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Cockpit

In my "Team" I want to be able to create a channel tab that provides links to several other tools and/or websites like a cockpit using tiles. Each tile has an assigned hyperlink that takes me to the tool/website or it opens up in teams directly (preferred). With a hover-over I can see a short description of the tile.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. message notification

when you get a new chat it will pop up on your screen so you know other wise you dont know when you have a new message

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. For the desktop version, the "Your Teams" window should be resizable.

For the desktop version, the "Your Teams" window should be resizable.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Need better visibility of saved messages. Perhaps move the icon to the left-hand toolbar?

I like saving messages but always forget to check them. It would be good to have better visibility and access to them. Can access to saved messages be moved to the left-hand toolbar?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base