Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. **In-Text Reply Feature** for the WebApp and DesktopApp, just like the AndroidApp

When using chat and group-chat on the Teams AndroidApp, there is a reply feature that comes up when you long-press a chat (similar to how it happens in WhatsApp). Please add this feature to the WebApp and DesktopApp; everyone wants this feature.

WhatApp's WebApp and DesktopApp already have this, so that proves that it can be done.

Why can't the Teams WebApp and DesktopApp have this feature come up when we click on the three-dots(...) present on a chat?

Add it Microsoft! Thanks <3

Kshitij Kumar
    (user of Microsoft products and services since he was 7 years old)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Edit Displayed User Names

It would be more convenient if we could customize user display name to allow better identification of individuals. For external contacts, email addresses are currently displayed and cannot be edited to reflect the contact's name.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Double clicking on screen shared by others should show up as Full Screen view

When the other party shares the screen, we have to click on three dots and then click on Full Screen view. Instead, provide an option to go to Full Screen view when the screen is double clicked. This option is available in Cisco WebEx. Then clicking 'Esc' should come out of Full Screen view.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. How to Convert EDB to PST Free

A highly advanced tool to make the conversion of exchange database name as the SysInspire EDB to PST Converter software. This software can simply convert the EDB file with all its inner elements such as- emails, contacts, chats, tasks, notes, journal, appointments, etc to PST file with in a very short time. Also, you can simply export exchange mailbox items to five different file formats such as- HTML, EML, MSG, EMLX, and PST.

Get more info:- https://www.sysinspire.com/edb-to-pst-converter/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Keyboard shortcut to toggle Full Screen in meeting

I would like a shortcut that toggles full screen on and off. The GUI interface to do this is awkward. Full screen is important with someone else is screen-sharing in a meeting, so their screen is not shrunk to an unreadable size.

(On Microsoft's web page it says to use Ctrl-Shift-F, but on my Teams app that is mapped to "open filter" and there is no mapping for full screen.)

I am using Teams 1.3.00.3564 on Windows 10.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Share dual monitors at one time.

A lot of companies work on dual monitors and it's beneficial for a user to be able to share both monitors at the same time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. nickname should exist..

Nickname should be added to teams

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Multiple screens

Is it possible to have separate windows for when I'm chatting and having a video conference. In stead of having the call really small in the top left when I'm chatting at the same time. I want both to have in full screen

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Teams outside my organization avaiable in destop app

When I am invited to a team outside my org, in both, mobile app (android) and web I can switch easily from my organization to the org which invited me to chech the teams that I am involved in. However in the desktop app is not possible. I would suggest at least and access to switch of organization and would be better if teams would have an unified view of all teams. For example could be a group in the teams tree per org (like hidden teams nowadays)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Cross team calendar / schedule / Planner

Add a feature about a Cross Team calendar / schedule / planner to coordinate differents team to not overlap activities

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to thumb-up, thumb-down, raise-hand - display the icon in team member's window for a while (5 secs?) then rmeove until next click.

When in a meeting, we usual have a 'chair person' that controls the meeting. They may ask 'Do we agree on xyz?' - woudl ike to be able to indicate our response with a simple click on thumb-up/yes or thumb-down/no which would then display briefly.
    Similarly, if "Does anyone have questions" - raise-a-hand
    this could also be used to indicate to the chair person that you have something to say/ask.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I want to have multi-screen viewing of content

It would be beneficial to split screen content of Teams. For example I want to pull a presentation onto a second screen so I can see content while still using the other features on a separate screen such as chat, checking my calendar, uploading or searching for a file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Full width chat

On desktop, chat takes up only the center of available field. Woiuld be much better use of space, if the chat was full width

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. mute outlook notifications when in a teams call

I have been involved in a few Teams calls lately but when I have Outlook open and emails arrive, the notification sound still sounds and is audible on the Teams calls.

All notification sounds, even those from other programs, should be muted when you are on a Teams call.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Open Team in New Window

It would be great to have the ability to right-click on a team and choose "Open Team in New Window." That would be the only team in the new window, allowing the user to focus on that team's work. And even better if that window only accepted chats from that team's members.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. select messages in chat

Please add ability to select messages in chat and for actions with them: Forward, Delete etc.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Spell check in multiple languages

It would be nice if it was possible to have the Teams desktop app in one languge and spell checking in multiple languge and at the same time customize date and time format.

E.g. I would like to have Teams in English, have spell checking in English and Danish, and have date and time format in "Danish".

873 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

158 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base