Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Open links to teams in Desktop App

SITUATION: When you receive a link to a Teams file or folder, or really anything in Teams, like a Planner task - it sends you to the sharepoint site, regardless of whether you have the Desktop App installed and even if it is open.

RESOLUTION: Make links to any Teams elements open directly in the Teams Desktop App

This will save so much time and frustration from people, and also make Teams seem like a more integrated solution for everyone.

3,039 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

303 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Proofing tools (spell check, theasaurus, autocorrect)

One of the defining features of office down the years has been the proofing tools (i.e. Spell checker, theasaurus, autocorrect, grammar checker). I would love to see these come to Teams.

The way I envisage this working is as I'm typing a message the famous red/blue/green squigglies that we've all become familiar with should show up.

Most of all I'd like autocorrect (i.e. a spelling correction that I've used previously automatically gets applied as I type). Stretch goal for this, have a single set of autocorrects that work across all of Office 365, including the client apps.

Some people might…

1,679 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

218 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi everyone, the engineer working on this item has left the company and we’re working on replacing him. I wanted to give you that heads up because the work has paused, which extends our shipping date.

I really appreciate your patience as we work to get this back to actively worked on.

Suphatra

3. Using Teams Offline

MULTIPLE USERS reporting offline needs:

Generally want to use Teams offline:

If I am offline it would be great to browse through Teams and Channels in case I have to lookup some informations.

Also viewing the latest notes in "Notes" on teams would be great.

It would be enough to have "Read only" - for the moment my Teams app does not even open when I am offline

Compared on my mobile - I can read all posts while I am offline.

Edit while offline:

just been using teams wiki to take and share notes in a meeting. when the…

1,585 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

135 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Spell check in multiple languages

It would be nice if it was possible to have the Teams desktop app in one languge and spell checking in multiple languge and at the same time customize date and time format.

E.g. I would like to have Teams in English, have spell checking in English and Danish, and have date and time format in "Danish".

895 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

162 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improve Install options - Install for all users and install location

Raising this again as Microsoft closed the previous request, saying it was complete even though it was not. (link below)

Teams should install to the program files directory, not the users AppData.

And NO, the answer is not to put a copy of the MSI in Pogram Files and deploy to the users AppData when they login.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17380159-improve-install-options-install-for-all-users-an

801 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

116 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Microsoft Teams Windows Firewall pop up

Issue : Microsoft Teams client is showing prompt “Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this app” even after adding Windows Firewall Rules. Issue is explained in the article https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/get-clients but no resolution.

600 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  67 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Stuck in a login loop after password change

I recently change my system password, with MS Teams is already up and running in the background. I open Teams to check new messages, and it locks the app with the pop up "Can you please sign in again? Sorry for any inconvenience. Login Now"

I click Login Now but all it does is restarting MS Teams and show me the same message. I am unable to re-authenticate. I've tried restarting the application, that didn't work.

I had to right click on the systray icon to logout and re-login. I should be able to re-login when the app prompted "Login…

502 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

250 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Desktop App needs to allow the Font to be adjusted

We have a number of users who are struggling with the font size the desktop app, be great if it could be adjusted. Its fine on the web app.

235 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Merged  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi guys, turns out that we put this on the previous release notes but it actually isn’t releasing until this week.

I’m really sorry! I hope you all weren’t too affected.

Some of you have pinged me individually on this, I’ll make sure to let you know on email/Twitter too. I’ll update this item back to complete once the feature is out.

Thank you so much for your feedback and engagement, and please keep helping us make this product great!

Sincerely,
    Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams
    Email: sparavi@microsoft.com
    Social: twitter.com/skprufo

9. Take screenshot on desktop app

One should be able to take screenshot and share in conversation thread without leaving Microsoft Teams app.

187 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    try this instead  ·  Warren responded

Whether you are using PC or MAC you can already take a screen shot.

With PC the shortcut for a selected capture area is: SHIFT+WINDOWS_Key+S
    (this will allow you to select an area and capture it as an image to the clipboard.)
    With PC the shortcut for a entire desktop screen capture is the PRINT SCREEN button on your keyboard.

With MAC the shortcut for a selected capture area is: COMMAND+SHIFT+4
    (this will allow you to select an area and capture it as an image to the clipboard.)
    With MAC the shortcut for an entire desktop screen capture is: COMMAND+CTRL+SHIFT+3

This should meet your needs. If you feel it does not, please provide a summary in the comments as to your use case and why the OS capture tools are insufficient for your needs.

Thank you!
    -Warren

10. Shifts time clock on desktop

At the moment, shifts time clock is only available on mobile. It would be useful to add the time clock on desktop too.

186 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Deploy Microsoft Teams over the network using GPO

Deploy Teams over the network to GPO setting that will launch the application only in the background mode.

177 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  23 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow turning off automatic spell checking

Please add the ability to turn off the "check spelling as I type" feature in the Microsoft Teams Windows app. I use the web app instead of the Windows app simply because I cannot turn off this feature in the Windows app. My opinion is probably in the minority, but I find automatic, real-time spell checking (with the squiggly red lines) to be the most annoying feature ever implemented in any computer program -- even worse than "Clippy" the Windows paperclip help assistant.

161 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bug: Teams restarts several times a day

Teams restarts several times a day, it says a new update has been installed. I think something goes wrong with installing the update and then it tries the same an hour later.

I run Teams as a standard user (non admin), maybe it doesn't have enough priveledges to successfully finish the update?

Please fix.

143 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Teams Windows client greatly increases roaming profile size (Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams)

On Windows, Teams is available as an end user self-install app. The app installs to AppData\Local, so not part of the roaming profile. However, it stores LOTS of content in AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams.

Our organisation uses roaming profiles and profile size policy; users are beginning to exceed a [very generous!] limit, and Teams is a big cause of this.

Please fix!

139 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Group Policy Template

When are the Group Policy Templates going to be available for Microsoft Teams? I want to unify desktop app settings at my company (like disabling Skype Integration) but haven't seen a way to currently achieve that.

131 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Enable full SharePoint navigation

I've linked to a communiction SharePoint homepage in a tab in teams expecting it to essentially be the full SharePoint experience but it cuts out the navigation and literally just shows the web parts of the home page.

I want to be able to navigate the SharePoint as normal from here but from some reason Teams cuts this out.

129 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Integrate the client login with Office 365

Integrate the client login with Office 365, similar to the integration of OneNote, Word, and Excel. This utilizes the current login information instead of prompting the user for credentials each time the client is started.

124 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This request is now under review by the feature team.

Thank you for the suggestions!
    -Warren

18. Option for Passive voice channels.

As an avid gamer, I feel like we gamers are very good at collaboration.
    I would like to have a voice channel much like to see a passive voice channel where your team members can join and passively talk to each other as they work Much like how discord or team speak works in addition to what already exist in teams. This also will break up the monotony of needing excessive Skype meetings. For people whom work in the department, but are Geographically separated, and cant getup from their desk to just ask a teammate a simple question.

119 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Support for Citrix and RDS Environments

Support for the desktop Teams application to be installed directly into Program Files and not into the users AppData.

Currently this method is not viable for a RDS environment such as Citrix or Horizon View.

118 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Team Dashboard / Landing Page

When you click on a Team, it would be nice if you got a dashboard for the team / landing page instead of going directly to the "general" channel.

This would be a great place to roll-up information for activity in the team:
    - recent conversations (from all channels within the team)
    - recent or all documents (similar to the OneDrive landing page, but scoped to the Team
    - search
    - membership list
    - pinned content
    - static content (to post general team information)

117 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 43 44
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base