Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Open links to teams in Desktop App

SITUATION: When you receive a link to a Teams file or folder, or really anything in Teams, like a Planner task - it sends you to the sharepoint site, regardless of whether you have the Desktop App installed and even if it is open.

RESOLUTION: Make links to any Teams elements open directly in the Teams Desktop App

This will save so much time and frustration from people, and also make Teams seem like a more integrated solution for everyone.

1,252 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

121 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Using Teams Offline

MULTIPLE USERS reporting offline needs:

---

Generally want to use Teams offline:

If I am offline it would be great to browse through Teams and Channels in case I have to lookup some informations.

Also viewing the latest notes in "Notes" on teams would be great.

It would be enough to have "Read only" - for the moment my Teams app does not even open when I am offline

Compared on my mobile - I can read all posts while I am offline.

---

Edit while offline:

just been using teams wiki to take and share notes in a meeting.…

1,121 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

87 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Proofing tools (spell check, theasaurus, autocorrect)

One of the defining features of office down the years has been the proofing tools (i.e. Spell checker, theasaurus, autocorrect, grammar checker). I would love to see these come to Teams.

The way I envisage this working is as I'm typing a message the famous red/blue/green squigglies that we've all become familiar with should show up.

Most of all I'd like autocorrect (i.e. a spelling correction that I've used previously automatically gets applied as I type). Stretch goal for this, have a single set of autocorrects that work across all of Office 365, including the client apps.

Some people might…

771 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

86 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi everyone, the engineer working on this item has left the company and we’re working on replacing him. I wanted to give you that heads up because the work has paused, which extends our shipping date.

I really appreciate your patience as we work to get this back to actively worked on.

Suphatra

4. Microsoft Teams Windows Firewall pop up

Issue : Microsoft Teams client is showing prompt “Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this app” even after adding Windows Firewall Rules. Issue is explained in the article https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/get-clients but no resolution.

272 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  34 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Stuck in a login loop after password change

I recently change my system password, with MS Teams is already up and running in the background. I open Teams to check new messages, and it locks the app with the pop up "Can you please sign in again? Sorry for any inconvenience. Login Now"

I click Login Now but all it does is restarting MS Teams and show me the same message. I am unable to re-authenticate. I've tried restarting the application, that didn't work.

I had to right click on the systray icon to logout and re-login. I should be able to re-login when the app prompted "Login…

268 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

141 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Deploy Microsoft Teams over the network using GPO

Deploy Teams over the network to GPO setting that will launch the application only in the background mode.

152 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  21 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Take screenshot on desktop app

One should be able to take screenshot and share in conversation thread without leaving Microsoft Teams app.

140 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    try this instead  ·  Warren responded

Whether you are using PC or MAC you can already take a screen shot.

With PC the shortcut for a selected capture area is: SHIFT+WINDOWS_Key+S
    (this will allow you to select an area and capture it as an image to the clipboard.)
    With PC the shortcut for a entire desktop screen capture is the PRINT SCREEN button on your keyboard.

With MAC the shortcut for a selected capture area is: COMMAND+SHIFT+4
    (this will allow you to select an area and capture it as an image to the clipboard.)
    With MAC the shortcut for an entire desktop screen capture is: COMMAND+CTRL+SHIFT+3

This should meet your needs. If you feel it does not, please provide a summary in the comments as to your use case and why the OS capture tools are insufficient for your needs.

Thank you!
    -Warren

8. Bug: Teams restarts several times a day

Teams restarts several times a day, it says a new update has been installed. I think something goes wrong with installing the update and then it tries the same an hour later.

I run Teams as a standard user (non admin), maybe it doesn't have enough priveledges to successfully finish the update?

Please fix.

134 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Start calendar week on monday (or allow setting)

Using the desktopversion, when I want to plan a meeting, my weeks start on Sunday. I'm used to weeks starting on Monday, so I spent half an hour planning (and replanning) meetings.

124 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Enable full SharePoint navigation

I've linked to a communiction SharePoint homepage in a tab in teams expecting it to essentially be the full SharePoint experience but it cuts out the navigation and literally just shows the web parts of the home page.

I want to be able to navigate the SharePoint as normal from here but from some reason Teams cuts this out.

110 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Integrate the client login with Office 365

Integrate the client login with Office 365, similar to the integration of OneNote, Word, and Excel. This utilizes the current login information instead of prompting the user for credentials each time the client is started.

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This request is now under review by the feature team.

Thank you for the suggestions!
    -Warren

12. In status option like Skype for business we can't change the status idle time

In status option like Skype for business we can't change the status idle time

1. show me inactive when the computer has been idle for this minutes

2. change the status from inactive to away after this many minutes

3. status has been changed from available to away in few minutes itself

103 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Windows app should stay minimized to system tray

The Windows app keeps appearing as an active app in my app bar, even after I've closed the app so it is only in the Windows system tray.

Apparently receiving a notification causes the app to jump from the system tray to the app bar - and that shouldn't happen.

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Warren responded

This feature request has been declined.

Currently if you have the Teams app set to run in the background upon clicking the “X” in the upper right, the app stays active only in the system tray. If you receive chat messages, it still remains in the SysTray.

However, if you get an @mention, the focus pulls it to the Taskbar. This is by design since you are getting directly mentioned and some action is typically expected. This is a key design element which the team does not wish to deviate from.

We appreciate the suggestion but will respectively decline it at this time.

Thank you for the feedback and suggestion.
    -Warren

14. Support for Citrix and RDS Environments

Support for the desktop Teams application to be installed directly into Program Files and not into the users AppData.

Currently this method is not viable for a RDS environment such as Citrix or Horizon View.

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ring on all Devices - Incoming Call

When a Call comes in, it only rings in the headphones. But as we don't wear our headphones all day long, sometimes we can't hear it ringing.

Please make an option to ring on all attached devices (speaker + headphones).

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Fast Switch Between Office 365 Tenant

It would great if you supported Fast Switching between Office 365 Tenants for those of us that have to login into different Teams

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Copy entire message information

Please allow full message detail copying. For complete incident work within Teams, you should be able to copy the poster, date/time, and the message all into copy.

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. desktop app not reconnecting

Desktop app does not do a very good at reconnecting if it drops connection to wireless or network and then reconnects. It will try a couple of times, but then fails.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. hover

Hover Options

I suggest moving or removing the hover options on chat messages. The problem with them is that when you hover over the message, you can no longer highlight the covered-up portion of the message - which is a problem if you're trying to copy and paste something out of the chatbox, especially on shorter messages.

See attached file (edited for privacy and informational purposes)

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Teams in SysTray does not distinguish between Activity & Presence

Whether you are in a meeting or got a message, in both cases you get a RED DOT. This is not clear or very helpful.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 31 32
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.