Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Open links to teams in Desktop App

SITUATION: When you receive a link to a Teams file or folder, or really anything in Teams, like a Planner task - it sends you to the sharepoint site, regardless of whether you have the Desktop App installed and even if it is open.

RESOLUTION: Make links to any Teams elements open directly in the Teams Desktop App

This will save so much time and frustration from people, and also make Teams seem like a more integrated solution for everyone.

7,175 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

607 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Proofing tools (spell check, theasaurus, autocorrect)

One of the defining features of office down the years has been the proofing tools (i.e. Spell checker, theasaurus, autocorrect, grammar checker). I would love to see these come to Teams.

The way I envisage this working is as I'm typing a message the famous red/blue/green squigglies that we've all become familiar with should show up.

Most of all I'd like autocorrect (i.e. a spelling correction that I've used previously automatically gets applied as I type). Stretch goal for this, have a single set of autocorrects that work across all of Office 365, including the client apps.

Some people might…

4,123 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  408 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Spell check in multiple languages

It would be nice if it was possible to have the Teams desktop app in one languge and spell checking in multiple languge and at the same time customize date and time format.

E.g. I would like to have Teams in English, have spell checking in English and Danish, and have date and time format in "Danish".

1,936 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

307 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback, we are aware of the issues with language detection and are actively working on a fix that will again allow automatic spellchecking across multiple languages. Please note that the spell check is still working for the default language (the Teams app language). We will share an update as soon as one is available.

4. Clear local cache button

Teams has a bunch of difference local caches and temp files that just continually grow forever in %appdata%\Microsoft\teams. It would be great to have a button that would wipe out all the local cache and temp files in this folder. Doing it manually has a very noticeable performance gain throughout teams.

As it stands, I'm going to write a powershell script to run on all the workstations I manage periodically to close teams and clean this up as a refresh of teams.

1,705 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

131 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improve Install options - Install for all users and install location

Raising this again as Microsoft closed the previous request, saying it was complete even though it was not. (link below)

Teams should install to the program files directory, not the users AppData.

And NO, the answer is not to put a copy of the MSI in Pogram Files and deploy to the users AppData when they login.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17380159-improve-install-options-install-for-all-users-an

1,322 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

216 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Microsoft Teams Windows Firewall pop up

Issue : Microsoft Teams client is showing prompt “Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this app” even after adding Windows Firewall Rules. Issue is explained in the article https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/get-clients but no resolution.

1,004 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  104 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Microsoft Teams download banner / popup needs to be removed

When a user in the Office 365 environment wants to use the web version http://teams.microsoft.com, a popup message is visible at the upper area with a prompt to install the client version:
    “Want an even faster, more collaborative experience? Download the desktop app.” By several given security compliance requirements in big IT environments, the users shouldn’t be able to install any additional software at their PCs. This popup is confusing the web-only Teams user and also it makes the software deployment team nervous.

645 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  97 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Teams Windows client greatly increases roaming profile size (Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams)

On Windows, Teams is available as an end user self-install app. The app installs to AppData\Local, so not part of the roaming profile. However, it stores LOTS of content in AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams.

Our organisation uses roaming profiles and profile size policy; users are beginning to exceed a [very generous!] limit, and Teams is a big cause of this.

Please fix!

551 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

82 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Disable Desktop Shortcut creation

Please add options to disable desktop shortcut when customers install Teams by using MSI installer

527 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to prevent auto-start persistantly and programmatically using TAC/Group Policy

See MSTCommunity request here -

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/How-to-Prevent-Teams-from-Auto-Launch/m-p/730658#M34150

Even though autostart can be prevented upon installation a single time (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployoffice/teams-install) and then turned off manually within the desktop client, there is a need by some businesses to ensure that the Desktop client does not auto-start at any time and yet be able to enable this programmatically via TAC/Group Policy without having to jump in users desktop client to turn it off.

221 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Deploy Microsoft Teams over the network using GPO

Deploy Teams over the network to GPO setting that will launch the application only in the background mode.

211 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  24 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Go native for Desktop

Please, for the love of sweet candy, go native on Desktop platforms.

I'm looking for an alternative for Slack as it uses electron which sucks every last bit of RAM it possibly can before destroying your computer in a sweet sweet fire. After seeing the wonderful performance of Office I was really hoping this would be native!

Please, someone with the development experience and financial backing of Microsoft must be able to accomplish this in your sleep. Surely?

165 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Incluir la opción de notas de voz en la aplicación de escritorio

Incluir la opción de notas de voz en la aplicación de escritorio

128 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Integrate Outlook Categories

I would love the ability to use categories I've created in Outlook for files and meetings in Teams, and have those categories carry from one app to the other, no matter which app the category was originally assigned in.

108 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Teams freezes if "Logitech Group" USB Conference Webcam is attached

Whenever I plug in the "Logitech Group" conference system (webcam/microphone, https://www.logitech.com/de-de/product/conferencecam-group) into my Macbook Pro (Catalina 10.15.3) via USB, MS teams freezes and I cannot start any call. Only unplugging fixes the freeze.

Basically I cannot use our video conferencing system with Teams, despite it being advertised as being compatible. Using other Apps on my Macbook to record videos works fine, so definitely a Teams problem.

Also discussed here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/usb-plug-of-the-quot-logitech-group-quot-will-cause-teams-to/m-p/1120205

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Multiple applications sharing

Please let us share multiple applications from MS Teams rather than sharing only one application or only the entire desktop.

Also, give functionality to switch to another application while you are sharing without stoping screen share and resharing another application

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. small chat window view (like gmail chat used to allow user chat in small window near bottom-right corner)

It would be nice if ms team can support small chat window view (like gmail chat used to allow user chat in small window near bottom-right corner.

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Desktop icon keeps coming back

Seems like whenever Teams does an auto-update, a shortcut is always put on my desktop.

Stop. Doing. This.

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Desktop sharing should allow a certain, definable area of the screen to be shared

Desktop sharing should allow a certain, definable area of the screen to be shared, for example the left half, the right third, the first quarter at the top left, and so on.

Reason:

I work with a large screen and high resolution at my workplace. Other team users use smaller screens with lower resolutions. Accordingly, you can't see things so well on my shared screen. Releasing just a single application, on the other hand, is too little, because you would always have to laboriously change the released application. So it would be easier to share half or 2/3 of your…

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Replace Electron app with Native app that runs fast on desktop.

Desktop Microsoft Teams is, well, basically useless. It is the slowest app I use on any PC. It needs either some MAJOR performance improvements or a complete re-write as a Native app so that it runs fast on PCs.

Come on guys, you can do better than this!

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 116 117
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base