Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. adding external contacts easily

adding external contacts easily

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Contacts

There needs to be better management for viewing contacts in the chat section. It's really frustrating that even though I have placed different contacts into groups and then I collapse those groups that when I navigate away from the chat section and then come back that all of my groups get automatically expanded.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create custom tag groups

Create a custom group tag that only has certain members of the team to quickly get the same peoples attention

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Chat

All the chats that I had added to my Favorites disappeared after I came back from vacation. Presumably, this is because chats are auto-hidden after an expiration time of some kind? I was able to find the chats by searching for the people.

My suggestion is to persist the chats indefinitely in the Favorites list by default. And let the user decide whether they want to Hide the chat or remove it from the Favorites list.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Users Presence Activity Log

With a lot of users working from home there is a need for an audit log to know when the users change the status of their availability, away, busy, etc...

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/users-presence-activity-log/m-p/1286078

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Next Available Time In People Hover Card

Soon we will be able to see real-time presence in Teams but as chat becomes more and more the primary tool to contact people it would be nice when you hover over the persons name you can get the real-time presence and next available time as well. The information is already available to Teams (Scheduling Assistant) so adding it in the hover card would not be that difficult (says the non-coder). Thanks!

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Update person status to away automatically if workstation is locked

Update person status to away automatically and immediately if workstation is locked.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. search by title

Ability to search for people within teams by Title as well as Name. This was possible is Skype.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. "Away from keyboard" status

During a long meeting, sometimes you have to be away for some minutes. It would be nice to have a status like "away for keyboard" or "will be back soon" to show that you had to be absent for a short time. Similar to the "hand raised" function.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Teams presence API

The goal is to have Teams presence API improved for developers to implement better interoperability and synchronization with other applications with user presence like Contact and Call Centers
    - Subscribing Teams presence for all organization users
    - Changing Teams user’s presence on behalf of the users using impersonation
    - Receiving a notification when Teams users’ presence changes (Available, DND, Busy, Off work) and when users’ call states change “In-a-Call”, “In-a-Meeting”

The similar presence integration is already available for Skype for Business (UCMA) https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skype-sdk/ucma/unified-communications-managed-api-ucma-5-0-sdk-documentation

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Out of working hours Availability Status Auto Update

It would be good if we can have Out of working hours Availability Status Auto Update

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Share desktop and camera at the same time

So that the meeting room can present the desktop screen sharing as well as the video feed of the people in the room. This is probably similar to: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/38860147-allow-pop-out-of-any-window-shared-from-anyone-ca

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Move cursor to text box upon clicking "Create a new contact group" or "Add a contact to this group"

When I try to Create a new contact group, or add a contact to a contact group, i generally expect to click that option, then immediately type in the name. Instead, I then need to click inside the text box before typing. This is a bit annoying since I'm trying to add a bunch of contacts to various groups. I'm working in the Windows 10 application

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Microsoft Teams Organizational Chart

Hello Everyone,

May we please suggest an option to be able to view an organizational chart for a tenant or company as a whole, with a possible option to print and or export as a Visio or PDF file?

Thank you very much.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Be able to automatically set a status like "appear offline" when out-of-office or outside working hours defined in outlook.

In order to help users manage work life balance, in addition to setting a duration for "appearing offline", it would be helpful to be able to set it to set a status like "appear offline" when their calendar has an out-of-office block, or when the time of day is outside working hours defined in Outlook.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Pause screen and mute mic

Introduce a single button which instantly pauses your screen and mutes your mic in order to scream at the top of your lungs. Once you have returned to (semi) normality, you can then press the button again to un-pause and unmute.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Status

Teams shows in default as away after 3 minutes of idle time. It should be given access to the user to set his own time.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to add groups within groups under contacts.

Many times we have different departments within our company that could be saved as a group under contacts. However my contacts in one group could have vastly different work. Person X in Group1 could be much better to ask about Product Z than person Y might be.

If I could add a group within another group me and my colleagues could avoid fracturing our contact list so massively and make it way more effective. The main group could be named "Department 1" and the subgroup within the main group could be "Product Z"

This is not possible today and it…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. nicknames

nickname functionality

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Have a read to badge for all teammates that have read a conversation. As well as show which user is typing.

Being able to see if a user is typing or has seen a certain conversation in a channel would be really handy. When team members don't respond I'd like to know if they at least saw the conversation to that point to know if I need to reach out to them again or not.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base