Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Want block the participants after the schedule time.

We don't want to allow participants after particular time as per schedule to avoid disturbance to others.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. how to get signatures of all attendees?

please provide a panel or page for e-signatures in real time of all the attendees as may be required in any official meeting which may be later on audited by regulatory bodies to ensure that all of the people enlisted really attended the meeting

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Filter the Contacts list by status

As a team member, I would like the ability to filter the Teams contacts list by status so that I can see only those team members who are presently listed as "Available" for immediate consultations.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Have presence detection consider multi desktop

Have the auto presence detection consider if the windows desktop Teams is on it the current desktop.

As more people are working at home, and using Teams they are using personal PCs. For me, I separate my work activities and personal stuff using the Windows 10 multiple desktop feature. I have a desktop for work stuff, where I run Teams logged into my Work account. When my work day ends, and I move over to my "personal" desktop I would like teams to detect that and set my status as aways (just as it does when the PC is idle).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Let us control how many minutes pass before our status is set to Away.

Other software can do this. Let us control how many minutes pass before our status changes.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Presence display when joining an external tenant’s Teams as a guest

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    外部テナントの Microsoft Teams にゲストとして参加した際のプレゼンス表示について
    Presence display when joining an external tenant’s Teams as a guest

■Description(内容):
    外部テナントの Microsoft Teams にゲストとして参加した際、プレゼンス表示をユーザーが任意で都度変更するのではなく、プレゼンスが自動的に "状態不明" といったプレゼンスに切り替わる機能の実装を要望します。

When joining an external tenant’s Teams as a guest, please make it such that users are unable to set their own presence, and are automatically set as “Status unknown”.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Better presentations

Today it is very boring to listen to a ppt presentation over teams since the presentation is the tool and the presenter is not in focus. A presentation should be a support to a presenter. I want to have the option to be able to appear like the attached picture to be a more active part of the presentation.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Like Backgrounds, have customizable banner in the Foreground, where you can have your contact and company information

We have many Sales people using Teams now, and when they interact with customers, it would look more professional if we could put a customizable banner in front of them with the company logo, their name and contact info, similar to what you see when someone is broadcasting the news. We can put it on a background today, but all lettering in the backgrounds always have a slightly blurry appearance on Teams.

In the example attached, we have a background on the left, with our salesperson using the space on the right, and would like the banner and the company…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. a status button that indicates - "feel free to drop by my virtual desk"

to give a better feel of the spontaneity of just dropping by someone's desk beyond a "chat" message, show a status that means, sure, pick up the phone/video and call me for a quick conversation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Floating bar in Meeting that informs me that I AM NOT MUTED

I see ask for Colored Border with same info but I'm not sure what that looks like versus floating bar. Border may be less distracting. I just want this status to be VERY VISIBLE to me. - Not that I'm making horridly distracting noise on my end BUT... somehow I accidentally toggle that mute button and my coworkers can tend to want to shoot me. Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. More obvious status

It would be great to be able to see the current status more obviously instead of having to put our cursor over the red icon to see if the person is busy or in a meeting or in a call.

It would be cool to have it listed under their name or next to their name in the chat windows.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Status in Teams should change across all 365 apps

When the status is changed in Teams, this should then reflect across all other Office 365 apps, Outlook for example and vice a versa.

Currently, when the user changes their status in Teams, this does not change the status in other apps.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Show presence in the @ auto complete dop-down

When starting conversations with people via @ in the search bar the presence of the person is not shown on the result in the drop down. This small feature would make teams so much better.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. status

Show more details in Busy Status beside the name as was the case with Skype for Business.
    1. on a call
    2. in a meeting
    3. in a conference call
    Failure to show the detailed status beside the name, will give the impression that the person might by busy but still available for quick questions. Instead of providing the message sender the option to be courteous when the receiver status clearly shows on a conference call without having to hover over the name.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When clicking quit in Teams it should set status as Offline.

When either clicking Quit on Teams or shutting down at the end of a work day, Teams should show a status of Offline. It currently leaves me as available and people will continue to message me when I am off for the day thinking I am available and causes confusion and frustration on both ends. When clicking Quit in Teams or shutting down the computer, it should set status as Offline.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. automated status update option

please give a choice that can impliment automated status changes. i.e. when i'm in a call, my status will show in a call or do not disturb, if i'm not using my computer for certain minutes, it turns to away automatically. I hate when i'm having a call, but someone couldn't see it and calls as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Location awareness for Presence

With so many people working from home and office shifts, it will be great to know who is in the office and wh is working from home.

And of course, all this available through the API

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Better visibility of user status

At the moment it is possible to see if person is in the call or in a meeting only when hover over the name for mini-contact card. In Skype4B for example, it was shown under a user name, you can even differentiate if this a call or conference call, which I cannot see in MS teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Integrate TEAMS with Skype status

Would it be possible to integrate TEAMS with Skype status so when I'm in a meeting on TEAMS it shows as 'red' in Skype too.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base