Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Microsoft Graph presence API

currently you can only query the present status via the API interface.

It would also be very important for providers who want to dock their tools to MS teams that the present status can also be set via the API interface.

is there any information about when this will be possible via the API interface?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Collect free/busy info via Teams

I would like admins to control changing free/busy info for users. Also, it would be great if admins can analyze status changes per user including time passed since the previous status change.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. when we are Out of office, status must be gray so we can work offline. Instead of Away status.

when we are Out of office, status must be gray(Offline) so we can work offline. Instead of Away status.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Device Notification-Shows which device is being used for replies

Show which device is currently being used for replies. ie-mobile, web, desktop.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Share desktop and camera at the same time

So that the meeting room can present the desktop screen sharing as well as the video feed of the people in the room. This is probably similar to: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/38860147-allow-pop-out-of-any-window-shared-from-anyone-ca

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Show Out of Office Message Even When Signed Out

We've noticed when users are out of the office, and set their message in Outlook, it will carry over to Teams, as long as the user is signed into Teams somewhere. If they "sign out" of Teams, which someone might do when they leave for vacation, they show "offline" and do not reflect the Out of Office. It would be nice to show them as "offline" but still show the Out of Office message so the sender knows when they will be back.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Teams user availability status does not show up in outlook.

Skype was linked with Outlook to show Skype user status of everyone in an email. With Skype not signed in,outlook does not shows user status from MS Teams. One has to go manually in MS Teams and search for the persons in email to know their availability status. This feature of skype should be helpful to have in teams also.
    I have attached 2 screenshots - 1. Showing User availability when Skype was signed in and 2. Showing User availability blanked out when Skype was logged out but Teams was signed in.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Status Text visibility

show the status message directly so people can see if someone is working remotely. i.e. WFH without having to go into their profile

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Presence in Outlook

Currently presence does not work in Outlook without the Skype client installed, please resolve that issue

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Profile view of Teams users

There are profiles viewed Offline and Date. Please unify them one way so that it is more recognizable.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Teams presence includes when i'm on my mobile

It would be great if Teams recognised when I'm on my mobile phone and set my press busy on a call

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. A function for user to set preferred time intervals to switch presence status

It would be great if users can set their preferred time intervals till their presence status become Away.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Different status color when user is busy/in meeting while different when in call

Different status color when user is busy/in meeting while different when in call - It will help decide if user to be called directly (as of now it is not clear from status if user should be called)

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. In Call (Mobile) Presence When In Cellular Call

I am not sure if this is possible, but it would be wonderful for presence within MS Teams to reflect availability or presence based on whether or not a user is active on their phone -- and in particular if the user is in a cellular call.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Display only active contacts

In skype we had the option to display only active contacts, folks not online would not appear in the contact lit.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I would like you to add a timer to the "be right back" status so it goes back to available automatically. I always forget to put back.

I would like you to add a timer to the "be right back" status so it goes back to available automatically. I always forget to put back. A timer option for 5, 10 or 15 minutes or let us put in our own time limit. If it is already there, not sure where it is.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. availability of other user

if you are looking a person to chat with, but not sure when he will be available, this software should notify you as soon as possible

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Show person status "like in a meeting" and "in a call" with out hover over contact.

I would be nice to have an indication on the contact list next to the name "in a call" or "in a meeting". Right now the only way to find out is to hover over the name in the chat. Because of that a lot of colleagues trying to call person already on the call. Not very ergonomic design of the interface.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Isolate the presence status from other services to show certain status

I would like to always show certain status (Available or Busy) as my presence regardless of the presence info from other services such as calendar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Status description of contact in header

Additional field or line under name of contact of specific status. Normally we based status on the colored dot on lower right of photo, but it would be a lot helpful if you could also include "In a call" or "In a meeting" below the name of contact for better communication. Thanks. Appreciate if you could consider this.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base