Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Identify a person with his/her area of expertise

Is there any way to identify people with a characteristic? For example, I want to associate a person to a characteristic / area of expertise. Is there any way to do it?
    Furthermore, is there any way to customize / add areas of expertise?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. You must be able to remove everything in the conversation.

You must be able to remove everything in the conversation. To show that you delete and add names in the TEAMS group do not fill in any function. Then you must also be able to change the Welcome picture.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow to permanently hide the "out of office" banner

Everytime someone changes his status to Away in calendar (holidays...), this banner appears in each conversation where this person is. The banner appears automatically few seconds after having selected the conversation, even if it as been closed earlier. It's really boring... Please allow to remove this banner until next unavailability of this person. Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add an out of office feature for chats

I don't know if this works automatically if you use Office 365 for your email and calendaring too, but we don't. Teams needs an out of office feature separate to Office 365 calendaring so people who try to message me while I'm on vacation get told as much.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability not to show Disabled/Blocked users

Presently users of "Blocked", "Unlicensed" and even Shared Mailboxes all show up in the search / can try to converse with them. Can these be filtered out / a setting to remove them from the teams search?

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow emotes with /me

Most chat software allows this, we just moved from HipChat and really missing this feature.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I was looking for a way to find online status of our employees. We use this for the receptionist to see who is available for calls / questi

We used Skype for our receptionist(s) convenience.
    We look at who is online at their desk - who is marked away (lunch, breaks and so on. I am not sure this product is what we need to use it for. We keep all of our co-workers on a visible contact list it shows their on line status. That way we don't have to chase around the office trying to find someone. Any suggestions

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Displaying Wrong Presence in SFB when Logging in Teams . Though the user is offline it shows as Available

When you are using Teams along with SFB ... It shows wrong presence in SFB. When you are Sign out from the SFB it still shows as Available in SFB.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add an option not to change status based on calendar information

Teams automatically changes your presence to "In a meeting" any time there is something on your calendar. When it sets this it also overrides any presence setting made in Skype for business and it will not allow you to change the presence in Skype until you have set the presence in Teams manually to Available. In Skype for Business this was an option that we did not use for most of our employees as many of them have items on their calendar that have nothing to do with if they are actually available on their device to receive messages. There…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Directory Lookup must have same behavior as Skype

Today when you search for one person on search bar at TEAMS, it's looking for messages.
    If the user is already known user , TEAMS shows correctly. If not, we need click persons tab to get person we are looking for.

On Skype, we get all users from Global Directory and we can see all users corresponding the lookup and immediately the presence of these persons is available.

On Teams, serach is complicate and presence information is also complicate to get as we need to click on the person and then we can get presence information.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Multiple users editing in Excel & Word

When multiple users open excel via teams, while working and another user filter then the excel version I am working on also filters.
    In Google Sheets all users work on there own sheet but see other user initials but nothing happens when other users filter the sheet.

101 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Out of office and available status at the same time

In Skype for business when someone comes online while being out of office you can see that they are online (large green dot and small purple one). In Teams you can only see the out of office status with no apparent way to tell if they are online or offline.

I think you should fix this so that the out of office is a bit separate from online/offline status as OoO could just mean you are working from home. If this is intentional I think it should be solved in a different way by adding the concept of invisible status…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Status

It seems my status is always available when I have the app active on my smartphone. I’d like to be able to control this

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. See team members and status on channel conversation page

Similar to other chat apps (e.g. HipChat) show the members of a team on each channel message page on a sidebar (right side?)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add a "Buddy List"

Many/most of the chat clients I have used over the years have the option to add people to a personalized "buddy list" (it has different names, but pretty much the same functionality). This is NOT the same as a Team. These are people you want to have frequent conversations with, but may not work on the same things you do on a regular basis. For instance, the administrative assistant is not going to be on the Team for various projects, but we still need to get in touch with her frequently.

Someone mentioned to me that you might be able…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. External users have difficulty joining the team.

I've invited external users several times, (external users are allowed for Teams in the Office365 settings). The Teams app allows me to add users, sends them an email with a link, but when they click the link, launching their Teams app, an error pops up saying that they need to be invited to Teams. Although... they just clicked on an invitation link.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The ability to set availability per team differently from global

Sure would be groovy to have a global availability option and then something more granular for individual teams. For example, appear busy to the masses, but for Team XYZ (my immediate crew) appear available.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Reset Status

Where is the "Reset Status" option? When I go on DND, then I come back, how should I handle my status? This was straightforward in Skype for business with Reset Status.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base