Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. See team members and status on channel conversation page

Similar to other chat apps (e.g. HipChat) show the members of a team on each channel message page on a sidebar (right side?)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a "Buddy List"

Many/most of the chat clients I have used over the years have the option to add people to a personalized "buddy list" (it has different names, but pretty much the same functionality). This is NOT the same as a Team. These are people you want to have frequent conversations with, but may not work on the same things you do on a regular basis. For instance, the administrative assistant is not going to be on the Team for various projects, but we still need to get in touch with her frequently.

Someone mentioned to me that you might be able…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. External users have difficulty joining the team.

I've invited external users several times, (external users are allowed for Teams in the Office365 settings). The Teams app allows me to add users, sends them an email with a link, but when they click the link, launching their Teams app, an error pops up saying that they need to be invited to Teams. Although... they just clicked on an invitation link.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The ability to set availability per team differently from global

Sure would be groovy to have a global availability option and then something more granular for individual teams. For example, appear busy to the masses, but for Team XYZ (my immediate crew) appear available.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Reset Status

Where is the "Reset Status" option? When I go on DND, then I come back, how should I handle my status? This was straightforward in Skype for business with Reset Status.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Unify contacts from calls and chat tabs

There are contacts in the Calls tab (A-Z come from Outlook contacts) and Contacts in Chat tab (from Skype). It would be better to unify those - why do we need both? Also favorites and Speed dial contacts could be the same?

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Display user info on hovering over profile picture

Display user info on hovering over profile picture at the top of Teams like it is done when hovering in chat over profile picture. Then you can finally see the user login name of the currently logged in user with hovering over the profile picture. Should be easy to implement.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Move the Away timer next to the user in 'Chat'

Move the Away timer in 'Chat to be next to the user's name. Our supervisors use this in Skype for Business to keep track of people taking long lunches, but in Teams you have to hover over a username to see the Away time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow to tag (@) people in channel chat by their Skill/Expertise or project from Delve Profile

When we collaborate and troubleshoot ideas in my organization, we would like to bring in or tag specific people to the chat based on their skills/expertise or project knowledge. It would be very helpful to be able tag experts/SMEs, for instance if we need mySQL expert, we could use tag @SQL and all the users with SQL expertise in Delve would get notified to join the discussion.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 'Join' group option?

Is there a feature that enables non-members to just view a 'Team' and not its content till they become a member, and also have an option to click on 'Join' the team.. I dont see this option as of now on MS Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. show people in Channel

Show people in a channel/group visible and their status.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. In team chat 10 persons , only 4 persons are in the screen. How to bring all the 10 persons ? Any solution .

How to bring all the participants in the screen if there are more than 10

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hide latest message from Chat sidebar

When scanning down the Chat sidebar looking for a person's name I find the most recent message text and time to be distracting noise. It would be much easier to find the person I'm looking for if those details weren't shown (personally, if I wanted to see that information I'd click on the user's name).

An option to hide this extra info, so that just the names and avatars are shown, would make the UI much clearer.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I would like to be able to filter a channel by a certain user

I would like to be able to filter a channel by a certain user. When looking for specific posts such as out of office messages it would be very handy to be able to filter by the people in the group.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Channel access customization required. Access should be diff. for Channel and for team.

Team view/access should be given to diff. people and for channel diff. their must be customization to give access required.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Not Available options

It would be nice to have options other than Busy, DND & Away. Be nice to create your own, or at least add Lunch, Finished for Day etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Enlarge the photo of the contact clicking on it, the actual circle is pretty small

I would like to see the other people contact image bigger, could be usefull

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. See team membership when you are posting

I am often unsure who is in a group. In WhatsApp the names are written at the top so I can be reminded of who is in and who is out. This helps as I write messages and is vital for sensitive communication.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Teams is like a cacophony of text. I don't think there's a way to make it better. I still miss the days where I didn't have a mobile phone

I still miss the days where I didn't have a mobile phone. If people wanted to reach me, they'd leave a message on my answering machine and I'd call them back at my leisure. Can we bring that back?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base