Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Disable the presence association between Teams and Outlook

It would be nice to have a setting that disable the presence association between Teams and Outlook.
    We are also using Skype for Business in our environment and we can disable the association by setting Teams upgrade policy. However, if we do so, Skype for Business becomes main app and we cannot use Teams. So, we would like to disable the linkage.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like you to add a timer to the "be right back" status so it goes back to available automatically. I always forget to put back.

I would like you to add a timer to the "be right back" status so it goes back to available automatically. I always forget to put back. A timer option for 5, 10 or 15 minutes or let us put in our own time limit. If it is already there, not sure where it is.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make my status private

I should be able to control what status I want displayed, including no status at all. I consider it a violation of my privacy that I can’t decline to display a status

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show person status "like in a meeting" and "in a call" with out hover over contact.

I would be nice to have an indication on the contact list next to the name "in a call" or "in a meeting". Right now the only way to find out is to hover over the name in the chat. Because of that a lot of colleagues trying to call person already on the call. Not very ergonomic design of the interface.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Status description of contact in header

Additional field or line under name of contact of specific status. Normally we based status on the colored dot on lower right of photo, but it would be a lot helpful if you could also include "In a call" or "In a meeting" below the name of contact for better communication. Thanks. Appreciate if you could consider this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Incorporate time into status, i.e. "away 10 minutes"

Similar to Skype for Business, include time with the status. For instance, "Away 10 minutes".

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Status option

There should be an option provided to select and set one particular status and it should remain same until changed manually (the way skype provides option to set availability).
    Also, timeline to set away status should be changeable.
    Sometimes app displays the duration for how long the person is away and sometime it just displays away status. This should be controllable.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Microsoft Teams Organizational Chart

Hello Everyone,

May we please suggest an option to be able to view an organizational chart for a tenant or company as a whole, with a possible option to print and or export as a Visio or PDF file?

Thank you very much.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Display who has read a message on a channel or private chat

Many collaboration tools, such as WebEx Teams, display an icon for the people that have read a message on a Team chat (channel) or private messages.

It helps people know that your message has been read.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Presence based routing not available

Hi All,

I have had this discussion with Microsoft Support and they have confirmed that this is currently not available. At the moment we have a call queue that is set to Attendant Routing so it calls everyone in the group when a call comes in to the office. Currently this means whenever the phone rings, each persons Desktop Phone (Polycom VX410/411), Desktop PC and Mobile phone rings.

We were recently swapped across to Teams in the backend and took the opportunity to move away from Slack and bring everything into the one tool. That part of it is great,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. adding external contacts easily

adding external contacts easily

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Presence for Contacts in Teams mobile app

I would like to ask to improve the presence functionality of Teams mobile app that each user’s availability would be correctly updated in real time with Contacts.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Statuses - highlight the difference between "Appear away" and "Be right back"

As I understand it, "Appear away" should be used when you want people to just think you're not at your computer and "Be right back" is a more definitive 'I've nipped out, you won't get a reply for a while'. In Outlook, the contact card shows if you've selected "Be right back" with those words. However, in Teams you just see the icon which is the same as "Away" / "Appear away" so colleagues don't know which it is. Please could you make this clear like on the Outlook contact card.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Need a way to bulk add multiple Team members at once by copying a string of email IDs (separated by a delimiter)

Need a way to bulk add multiple Team members at once by copying a string of email IDs (separated by a delimiter) ;
    At present I have to individually add each and every email Id separately; that's very very time consuming;
    I am surprise Microsoft failed to think about this in the first place.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. In Call (Mobile) Presence When In Cellular Call

I am not sure if this is possible, but it would be wonderful for presence within MS Teams to reflect availability or presence based on whether or not a user is active on their phone -- and in particular if the user is in a cellular call.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Display only active contacts

In skype we had the option to display only active contacts, folks not online would not appear in the contact lit.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Update person status to away automatically if workstation is locked

Update person status to away automatically and immediately if workstation is locked.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. availability of other user

if you are looking a person to chat with, but not sure when he will be available, this software should notify you as soon as possible

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add Option to Display Status in Contacts List

In the settings, add an option which causes Status text to display adjacent to or beneath (maybe both) the name and picture of a Contact in your Favorites.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Isolate the presence status from other services to show certain status

I would like to always show certain status (Available or Busy) as my presence regardless of the presence info from other services such as calendar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base