Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow users to change the defult time of 10 minutes to how ever long they would like before the status changes from available to away.

The users should be able to override the 10 minutes setting that changes the user's status from available to away.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams Presence should be 'real-time'.

Having presence delays of up to 4 minutes makes presence largely useless. Having to resort back to typing 'are you free now' after calls, because I can't tell if they are still in the meeting, or have started another meeting or call. Or trying to call somebody and get rejected and a message saying "I'm in a call"

832 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Set an optional clock / schedule option to modify status. Noon Away - 5 PM Away - ETC

Set an optional clock / schedule option to modify status. Noon Away - 5 PM Away - ETC

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. User presence reports

We would like to run presence reports on individual users. Also, we would like to schedule the reports to run automatically.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. List of attendees/non-attendees

I love the ability to get a structure for the meeting in OneNote (list of attendees, link to meeting, etc) BUT would be great to have here who actually attended and who did not. Right now we have to go through the list and work out who attended/didn't attend. Would be fantastic if Teams/OneNote could do this for us.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Let us control how many minutes pass before our status is set to Away.

Other software can do this. Let us control how many minutes pass before our status changes.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Status option

There should be an option provided to select and set one particular status and it should remain same until changed manually (the way skype provides option to set availability).
    Also, timeline to set away status should be changeable.
    Sometimes app displays the duration for how long the person is away and sometime it just displays away status. This should be controllable.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow setting idle time to avoid constantly appearing "Away"

Now that we are working from home, we need to appear as available all time, or at least for more time that 3 minutes even when you are not actively using the computer.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Animated hair styles (filter)

As many are dealing with huge challenges presented by COVID-19, this probably ranks low on the list. However, without access to a qualified hair stylist and left with a choice between a bad self-inflicted haircut or out-of-control shagginess, it would be nice if Teams offered a virtual hair style (aka filter) to pick from

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Additional Settings for the Status Option

Currently the only setting available for Status is the ability to change whether you'd like individuals to see your comment or for you to see theirs. Would love an additional setting where I could determine when the status switches from Active to Away and set a time limit. For example, change status to Away when user has been idle for XX minutes. Currently, if I'm working in another program my status will switch to Away even if I'm still at my computer working. This gives the impression to my boss that I'm not actively working. Another option would be to…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. draw participant

Select a random name among meeting participants.

This functionality will have a social character, facilitating the execution of events during meetings

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Show presence when adding people to an existing call

When adding additional users to an existing call, it would be extremely useful to see their presence status. Right now I have to go to "Chat" and search for the person to see their status before calling them. It would be very helpful to be able to see someone is away or busy right from the add participants interface.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. More obvious status

It would be great to be able to see the current status more obviously instead of having to put our cursor over the red icon to see if the person is busy or in a meeting or in a call.

It would be cool to have it listed under their name or next to their name in the chat windows.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Kuando BusyLights

Teams Needs to allow a connector to be developed for Kuando Busylights. They are used in MANY open office arangements and companies can't transition to Teams from SfB until the connector is developed. To do that Microsoft needs to release the call and presence API documentation.

380 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

121 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. API for Teams custom status messages

Teams custom status message just rolled to clients. Is there a way to update the status via Graph (or other ) API, calling the client / updating a file or any other non manual way currently / nearby?

It would open up interesting possibilities to update statuses (off duty, on duty for example).

164 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Extend time out

extending time is a valuable feature. I sometimes work on 2 computers and they both need to know I am present.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Filter the Contacts list by status

As a team member, I would like the ability to filter the Teams contacts list by status so that I can see only those team members who are presently listed as "Available" for immediate consultations.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Presence display when joining an external tenant’s Teams as a guest

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    外部テナントの Microsoft Teams にゲストとして参加した際のプレゼンス表示について
    Presence display when joining an external tenant’s Teams as a guest

■Description(内容):
    外部テナントの Microsoft Teams にゲストとして参加した際、プレゼンス表示をユーザーが任意で都度変更するのではなく、プレゼンスが自動的に "状態不明" といったプレゼンスに切り替わる機能の実装を要望します。

When joining an external tenant’s Teams as a guest, please make it such that users are unable to set their own presence, and are automatically set as “Status unknown”.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Better presentations

Today it is very boring to listen to a ppt presentation over teams since the presentation is the tool and the presenter is not in focus. A presentation should be a support to a presenter. I want to have the option to be able to appear like the attached picture to be a more active part of the presentation.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Different status color when user is busy/in meeting while different when in call

Different status color when user is busy/in meeting while different when in call - It will help decide if user to be called directly (as of now it is not clear from status if user should be called)

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base