Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Members from Address Book

There is a similar feature in Yammer, where I can add members from an existing Address Book in a CVS format. Let us do that in Teams too!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Customize Availablity

I would like the ability to change my availability to a custom message. We have people who are working but in a different location or offsite. This ability would allow people to better recognize "how" available someone is.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Log out and all Teams does is log in again ... WTF???

So, I figure out a way to "log out" and all Teams wants to do is present a login dialog! WTF? When I leave, I want to leave! Is this some setting/behavior that employers want? Who knows? Back when we used Skype for Business, when I logged out - that was it. But Teams seems eerily 'sticky' and to keep me 'connected' in spite of MY preferences and my personal time. While you are at it - when I am 'Away' you should suppress messages and report to the originator that I am in fact 'Away'. But I guess none…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Put Presence Text on Contact Popup

Presence (text) doesn't appear anywhere except on mouseover for a split second before the contact card pops up.

This needs to be addressed even without having other presence enhancements because until some of the other problems are fixed, most orgs using Teams will still rely on Teams PLUS their other corporate collaboration tool, and have to juggle what "yellow" means. Once better Presence/Status options are in place, this is a no-brainer.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. A home screen when the application opens or done with a conversation.

The first screen that shows once you open the app would be a "home page". Currently, when you open the app, your last chat is on the screen. I don't want to keep chats open all the time if the conversations are done. This home page could be simple... " What would you like to do? ... with icons for Chat, video call, audio call, Conference, etc"

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Notify when session has expired and I need to log in again

Often I will open Teams from the notification area only to discover my session has expired and I need to log in again. I never know how long I was signed out and unable to receive messages.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Availability Schedule

It would be great to setup our availability in teams (like they have in slack). Like we could setup our working hours so we don't receive notification outiste working hours. Right now if I do not want to receive notifications (on my phone) I need to manually set me in away.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. We would like the chat list to change by availability.

We would like to see the chat order change as users become available. The most recent conversation with an available person should be at the top of the list. Unavailable users should be at bottom.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. delay messages for "busy" contacts

The contacts that have set their presence as "busy" or DND should not get notified/disturbed by the messages. If someone tries to send messages to a busy contact, MS Teams should ask if the message is really critical, with options "urgent, send now", "automatically send later when the contact is available", "dont send".
    Its such a basic feature, it ought to be there

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Support for user available online on multiple tenant

Provide support for user can present online and chat with another user at same time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. create a Focus prescence that can be time boxed and a 'while you were away' summary pop-up

We would like to be able to set our presence to Focus (to allow time to focus on an issue or task) where we would not be disturbed.

Once the time expires, we would like the presence to resume where we were.

And we would like to have a summary pop-up that shows what happened while we were away so every post does not have to be read.

Additionally we would like to have a summary pop-up that tells what happened while the presence is offline, so when geting back online in the morning, there would be a summary to…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. show it user status is on mobile

It would be great to see a status/presence of when a user is signed in only on their mobile. It helps other users to realize if the person they are contacting may have a delay in responding because they may not see the details on their mobile (perhaps they are driving).

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Connect desktop app status indicator to activity on desktop not just teams.

On the desktop app the status indicator changes to inactive, even if it is open and just minimized, until I maximize Teams app and click in it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Status Mis-Match and and Suggestion for Collaboration

I faced an issue, the status of my other team members is not correctly visible...I mean user is available in Skype for Business, but shows as Away in Microsoft Team ?

Everybody should be on MS Team to have the correct status ?

If it is then I would suggest you to enable the integration between old Lync, SFB etc and MS Team so whoever using Microsoft Product can collaborate.

Even I would suggest you to make this MS Team more collaborative by integrating with other top business applications use for communication (Chat/Audio/Video).

By this the app would be easily…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Have a read to badge for all teammates that have read a conversation. As well as show which user is typing.

Being able to see if a user is typing or has seen a certain conversation in a channel would be really handy. When team members don't respond I'd like to know if they at least saw the conversation to that point to know if I need to reach out to them again or not.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Mention Organizational Users Regardless of Team

I would like to be able to have a user see (tag) an occasional post within a public team that they are not a member of, or at least be able to export a post to share in another team/channel.

It doesn't make sense for every person in our organization to be a part of every team or department, receiving constant notifications and seeing all of their channels, but there seems to be no other way to work cross departmentally on occasional issues. We do not do one off project work so creating a team for every "task" or plan…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. will it be possible to remove userIDS on the search from the Chat funtionality. Our company keeps UserIDs private to each user

will it be possible to remove user IDs on the search results from the Chat functionality.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. In the Android app, put Favorites at the top of the Contact list.

It would be good to be able to sort the lists, or always put Favorites at the top.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Oof

Why can I not set an OOF status with a message?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Why is the community page made up with 80% female gamers only????

Refresh more often. And people will use it better

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base