Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Disable auto-syncing of Availability status with Outlook calendar

Please also allow users to turn off auto-syncing of Availability status with their Outlook calendar and other sources.

1,908 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

381 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Blynclight for Microsoft Teams

Expose user presence in Microsoft Teams through an API so that the Embrava Blynclight can subscribe to the current users status and display this status on the Blynclight.

www.embrava.com

854 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

203 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The team is happy to announce that this functionality is now available through the Presence Graph API which is now in public Beta! We have additional functionality planned for the API so please keep checking back for updates.

Please note that this is a beta version of the API and may be subject to change. Use of these APIs in production applications is not supported.

- Online documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/presence?view=graph-rest-beta

Enjoy!

3. appear offline

I want to access Teams content while able to "appear offline"

This is a feature request regarding the presence capability versus other offline features that want to use Teams while disconnected.

This feature allows
    People to do work at off hours without being interrupted.
    People to look or retrieve content which has no concept of presence.

For those concerned about abuse of an appear offline feature and enabling presence liars, users can still lie and set any of the current presence states with the same intention.

I can be connected to the network and use Outlook, OneNote, SharePoint, etc. and…

330 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow users to customize away presence timeout

Allow users to customize away presence timeout like the options in the Skype client. Add: Show me inactive when my computer has been idle for this many minutes. Also Add: Change my status from inactive to Away after this many minutes.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Teams Presence should be 'real-time'.

Having presence delays of up to 4 minutes makes presence largely useless. Having to resort back to typing 'are you free now' after calls, because I can't tell if they are still in the meeting, or have started another meeting or call. Or trying to call somebody and get rejected and a message saying "I'm in a call"

628 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make user presence controllable for internal users and external users

It would be great if we can have Presence privacy mode feature like Skype for Business.
    Furthermore, internal users and external user are controlled at the same time in the Presence privacy mode.
    Therefore, a function to control the presence separately for those users would be appreciated.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Kuando BusyLights

Teams Needs to allow a connector to be developed for Kuando Busylights. They are used in MANY open office arangements and companies can't transition to Teams from SfB until the connector is developed. To do that Microsoft needs to release the call and presence API documentation.

359 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

118 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Integrate Presence in Outlook contacts from Teams

Whenever Team is running the presence should show on the Outlook contacts. When composing emails and adding users, it should show the presence of Team. It currently works only for skype for business.

1,299 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

152 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. WORK FROM HOME status icon

This proposition is to simply add an extra status icon (top left of the portrait) to signify WFH. (like a Home pin)

Given that so many people in the world are working from home, knowing that some are from home and some are from office would be great!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Microsoft Graph presence API

currently you can only query the present status via the API interface.

It would also be very important for providers who want to dock their tools to MS teams that the present status can also be set via the API interface.

is there any information about when this will be possible via the API interface?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Integrate status message and status

When I set a status message, I also want to pick a status to go with it (available, busy, away, etc.). But that's not currently an option in the UI.

"Clear status message after" should apply to this status. When the time is up, the status should go back to what it would have been.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Team address books (and company-wide address book)

The lifeblood of Microsoft teams is the people that that make up those teams and generate the content within teams. As of now, there is now basic way of listing who those people are within teams.

It would be really great if each team had it's own "people" tab where it would be an address book of all the people who make up that team. Without it, how does a general user even know with whom they are speaking?

Furthermore, it would be good to have the option for a company-wide "people" tab in the left menu, which would function…

96 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Appear offline

In Skype I was used to (occasionally) use the 'Appear offline' functionality.

Apart from 'Appear away' Skype has a last option that also leaves your status indicator empty/white.

I find this especially helpful when you really need to focus and want to 'slightly divert' colleagues to send you an email who otherwise might have contacted you directly through Teams.

Could you please add that functionality?

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. A function for user to set preferred time intervals to switch presence status

It would be great if users can set their preferred time intervals till their presence status become Away.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Different status color when user is busy/in meeting while different when in call

Different status color when user is busy/in meeting while different when in call - It will help decide if user to be called directly (as of now it is not clear from status if user should be called)

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Groups Contact list

The ability to add AAD or AD synced Mail Enabled Security groups or Office 365 Groups in contacts. This functionality is available in S4B. It needs to be added to Teams so contacts are dynamically added in Teams contacts list under groups like departments.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Presence in Outlook

Currently presence does not work in Outlook without the Skype client installed, please resolve that issue

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Better visibility for custom Status Message

The new status message feature is great, but it lacks visibility to other users. It would be much more useful to make it visible in the chat area user list, rather than having to hover over a user to find it in the drop down. It would also be great to have it anywhere you can see user presence.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Show free/busy status for guest users

I would like you to make free/busy status for guest users visible in Teams, especially when creating a schedule item.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Change status to away when computer is locked

When I lock my computer, automatically change my status to away. I don't expect the web version to be able to do this but the client should be able to.

216 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base