Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Teams honor EnableAwaySinceIndication setting from CSUserServicesPolicy

In Skype for Business, setting Set-CsUserServicesPolicy -EnableAwaySinceIndication:$false removed "Away/offline since" timer visible for other users.
    In EU (Germany specifically) this timer is seen as privacy-intrusive, and this needs to be configurable in Teams as well.
    Currently Teams explicitly don't allow to remove this (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/presence-admins#admin-settings-in-teams-compared-to-skype-for-business)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams Status

Among the Status options in Teams, it would be good to have “Appear Offline” , in situations when I do not wish to be contacted (just like it was before in skype for business) !

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Feature that admins can check the presences for all members

We would like to utilize Teams for checking employee’s attendances in our org.
    So, it would be great if we could have a feature that admins can check every members’ presence from the admin center.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. disable offline messages

Would be nice to be able to disable the ability for people to message/IM you if you're offline! That's what email is for.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The ability to follow people (similar to following channels)

The ability to follow people (similar to following channels)
    It would be great to have the ability to follow people so that a user (x) receives a notification when a user(y) that they follow posts a new message.
    I think this would be a useful feature so that users don't miss posts from important individuals.
    You'd have to consider how this fits in with existing notifications along with Teams/channels that the following user has access to.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Assign Nick Names

I would like to be able to assign nick names for team members. Example, i have several people with the same name on my team so it would be nice if i could change one to 'Boss man' and one to 'Java Guru' and so on.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. More focus on external contacts

Overall the Teams approach seems to be focused on collaboration with internal or company peers. For people who spend more than 50% of their time working externally the overall usability of teams features seems like this isn't a priority scenario.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. As a shared calendar user I would like to access other users calendars from their card pop up

Just like you can access the chat, email, organisation, video and call or message the person directly, it would nice to access their calendar from the persons card.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Group Teams

I have one team created in outlook teams, but this team does not appear in the Microsoft Teams, but if i create it in Microsoft Teams it will create it in outlook teams.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Show person status "like in a meeting" and "in a call" with out hover over contact.

I would be nice to have an indication on the contact list next to the name "in a call" or "in a meeting". Right now the only way to find out is to hover over the name in the chat. Because of that a lot of colleagues trying to call person already on the call. Not very ergonomic design of the interface.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Status description of contact in header

Additional field or line under name of contact of specific status. Normally we based status on the colored dot on lower right of photo, but it would be a lot helpful if you could also include "In a call" or "In a meeting" below the name of contact for better communication. Thanks. Appreciate if you could consider this.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make status available for external contacts

External contacts cannot see my status. I would like to have this option to show per contact.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Statuses - highlight the difference between "Appear away" and "Be right back"

As I understand it, "Appear away" should be used when you want people to just think you're not at your computer and "Be right back" is a more definitive 'I've nipped out, you won't get a reply for a while'. In Outlook, the contact card shows if you've selected "Be right back" with those words. However, in Teams you just see the icon which is the same as "Away" / "Appear away" so colleagues don't know which it is. Please could you make this clear like on the Outlook contact card.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Status

Teams shows in default as away after 3 minutes of idle time. It should be given access to the user to set his own time.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Lag in status symbol

There is a lag in the status symbol (green for present, red for occupied etc) compared to Skype. Also, I miss the search for contacts under Chat.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Quickly setting status without bringing the app into focus

It would be nice to be able to quickly set your status by right clicking on the icon in the taskbar without bringing the application into focus

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Badges or Icons that visually indicate a team owner

In large groups, users often need to quickly identify who is an owner. Presently, a user must go into the settings then "manage teams." I propose the use of "badges" or "icons" adjacent or partially covering their picture. This would provide a quick visual indicator of who is an owner. This idea could be further adapted to provide indicators of key contributers, subject matter experts, etc. The list of custimizable badges could be limitless.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Be Right Back turns off automatically when it detects mouse or keyboard activity.

In Skype for Business, there is a useful feature where your status will go back to available from 'Be Right Back', when the mouse or keyboard is used again. This would be useful in Teams.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sync "Teams Status" with "GitHub Status"

I just spotted the new feature to add a custom status message to Microsoft Teams. GitHub introduced a similar feature recently. As a customer using both products it would be nice if you could sync those two statuses. Thus, users could manage their status at the preferred app and see other users’ statuses in both environments.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show which people have subordinates in org chart view

When viewing a person's organization I would like to see which of their subordinates are managers - ie, have subordinates of their own. This could just be a down arrow connected to the subordinate box, or some other indicator on the box. As it is you have to click on every box to find out which ones have people beneath them

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base