Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Displaying Wrong Presence in SFB when Logging in Teams . Though the user is offline it shows as Available

When you are using Teams along with SFB ... It shows wrong presence in SFB. When you are Sign out from the SFB it still shows as Available in SFB.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a "Buddy List"

Many/most of the chat clients I have used over the years have the option to add people to a personalized "buddy list" (it has different names, but pretty much the same functionality). This is NOT the same as a Team. These are people you want to have frequent conversations with, but may not work on the same things you do on a regular basis. For instance, the administrative assistant is not going to be on the Team for various projects, but we still need to get in touch with her frequently.

Someone mentioned to me that you might be able…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Move the Away timer next to the user in 'Chat'

Move the Away timer in 'Chat to be next to the user's name. Our supervisors use this in Skype for Business to keep track of people taking long lunches, but in Teams you have to hover over a username to see the Away time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Enlarge the photo of the contact clicking on it, the actual circle is pretty small

I would like to see the other people contact image bigger, could be usefull

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. display profile image

If you have a number of contacts that you engage with during the day, it would be helpful to have a setting where the profile image does not display next to the name. This saves the need to scroll quite as much. I know you can search for the too but..

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Filter OCS users from appearing in the Teams Peoplepicker

When you have a mixed environment rollout where some users need to remain using OCS we need to be able to filter them out from Teams in the people picker.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Right now, the status has no value as people do not change it often. It's frustrating because it doesn't provide real information!

It also gives you a negative impression of those who are always away or busy, even if subconsciously. I think you have the potential to make something so significantly better with this small change! Perhaps a timer for away status based on movement/keystrokes, or synced to calendar appointments.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make Teams more fun and less horribly corporate and evil

In corporate settings, still allow me to be choose a friendly display name (but keep all the corporate **** attached to my profile). Or at least allow me to truncate my name to First and Last Initial, e.g., Bill J. or Sarah B.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add Members from Address Book

There is a similar feature in Yammer, where I can add members from an existing Address Book in a CVS format. Let us do that in Teams too!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Show Status Time on hover

When you open a chat with someone who is away and hover on over thier picture in the chat pane it will say something like "12m ago" for when they were last active. However, when you hover over the same profile picture in your chat list in the left pane, it just says "Away". Please add the time away on that hover as well.

It would be nice if there was an option to show the away time without hovering over the user like Skype For business's contact list that shows "<name> - Away 22m ago"

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Mention people of the company but not included to the team

Sometimes we need to ask something to a person who is not member of the team. It could be vey helpful if we can mention a person on a conversation, that person could read and answer the message but not see anything else.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. automated away replies

Add the ability to state that you’re away on teams...ideally by integrating with the outlook feature or on its own

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. A home screen when the application opens or done with a conversation.

The first screen that shows once you open the app would be a "home page". Currently, when you open the app, your last chat is on the screen. I don't want to keep chats open all the time if the conversations are done. This home page could be simple... " What would you like to do? ... with icons for Chat, video call, audio call, Conference, etc"

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Connect desktop app status indicator to activity on desktop not just teams.

On the desktop app the status indicator changes to inactive, even if it is open and just minimized, until I maximize Teams app and click in it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. This Site - Post dates on MS Responses

Post dates of MS responses on search. When I filter topics I would like to see when the last entry was without going into the topic. When MS says "Working on It" I would like to see how long they've been working on it without having to open the each topic.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I can't find my account info

user should be able to see his own account info

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Status

Teams shows in default as away after 3 minutes of idle time. It should be given access to the user to set his own time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Keep showing Outlook presence even when I switched to external tenant which I’ve been invited as a guest

Currently you can’t see the right presence on Outlook when you switch your Teams tenant to the external tenant which you’ve been invited to as a guest, and Presence unknown will be shown in Outlook. It would be great if Outlook could show the correct status even when switching account in Teams to the guest account.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Users outside the organization can view status messages

Status messages should be implemented with the ability to set the scope of display, such as within an organization or a team

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Lag in status symbol

There is a lag in the status symbol (green for present, red for occupied etc) compared to Skype. Also, I miss the search for contacts under Chat.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.