Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a "Buddy List"

Many/most of the chat clients I have used over the years have the option to add people to a personalized "buddy list" (it has different names, but pretty much the same functionality). This is NOT the same as a Team. These are people you want to have frequent conversations with, but may not work on the same things you do on a regular basis. For instance, the administrative assistant is not going to be on the Team for various projects, but we still need to get in touch with her frequently.

Someone mentioned to me that you might be able…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Display user info on hovering over profile picture

Display user info on hovering over profile picture at the top of Teams like it is done when hovering in chat over profile picture. Then you can finally see the user login name of the currently logged in user with hovering over the profile picture. Should be easy to implement.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teams status issues

Changing status is very slow. Sometimes it takes 30 seconds or more for our statuses to change. Also many times other users statuses are a white circle even though I am actively chatting with them.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. As a user I would like to have a way to visually indicate that I have something to add to the conversation.

One of the difficult things about teleconferencing is that everyone is trying to jump in on each-other every-time the person talking takes a breath. This is because there is no visual ques that indicate that a person has something to contribute.

I think it would be a small but significant improvement to have a "raise your hand" like option where I can click on my own avatar and it will highlight my square in a color (like green) indicating to the current person talking that I have a followup question or idea

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. link to chat with a specific user

It would be great to have an ability send to e.g Mark the link to Chat with e.g. Angela - When Mark will click on it then chat with Angela will appear

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Group Teams

I have one team created in outlook teams, but this team does not appear in the Microsoft Teams, but if i create it in Microsoft Teams it will create it in outlook teams.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Show Status Time on hover

When you open a chat with someone who is away and hover on over thier picture in the chat pane it will say something like "12m ago" for when they were last active. However, when you hover over the same profile picture in your chat list in the left pane, it just says "Away". Please add the time away on that hover as well.

It would be nice if there was an option to show the away time without hovering over the user like Skype For business's contact list that shows "<name> - Away 22m ago"

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Remove "status unknown" or add time like with away or offline

Sometimes status is shown as status unknown instead of offline, not sure exactly what it means but judging from what I've seen it could just mean the user is offline.

Ideally I think this status should be removed since either Teams has contact with the user and can determine the status or contact can not be established and then the user is offline (a status which you have).

If it for some reason can not be removed then I think you should at least change it so that you can see time since last activity. The same way as with…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. We would like the chat list to change by availability.

We would like to see the chat order change as users become available. The most recent conversation with an available person should be at the top of the list. Unavailable users should be at bottom.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Statuses - highlight the difference between "Appear away" and "Be right back"

As I understand it, "Appear away" should be used when you want people to just think you're not at your computer and "Be right back" is a more definitive 'I've nipped out, you won't get a reply for a while'. In Outlook, the contact card shows if you've selected "Be right back" with those words. However, in Teams you just see the icon which is the same as "Away" / "Appear away" so colleagues don't know which it is. Please could you make this clear like on the Outlook contact card.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I'd like to see a status per device Computer: away | Mobile: available

I'd like to see a status per device:
    Computer: Away
    Tablet: Offline
    Mobile: Available
    ...and while driving
    Mobile: Driving

Thank you!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Archive users who are deleted so chats with them do not disappear

I tried pulling up an old conversation with important information between me and a team member who left. Those chats completely disappear. That's access to important information I'll never have just because that user is no longer in teams. Slack doesn't do this. You always have all of the data regardless of whether or not that person is no longer on your team.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Usage reporting available to Team Owners (not just IT people)

I can access some information via sharepoint as to the usage on my teams site but not in teams. Why? Is this because I'm not an IT administrator? I need to be able to see who is using the site and how active they are so I can help inspire/educate people to get involved and active on the site. I HATE having to call IT to get usage information...it is crazy.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to add groups within groups under contacts.

Many times we have different departments within our company that could be saved as a group under contacts. However my contacts in one group could have vastly different work. Person X in Group1 could be much better to ask about Product Z than person Y might be.

If I could add a group within another group me and my colleagues could avoid fracturing our contact list so massively and make it way more effective. The main group could be named "Department 1" and the subgroup within the main group could be "Product Z"

This is not possible today and it…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Detailed information needed for Teams presence

I would like to have a public information for the presence activity deference based on the event creation method. Specifically, I need detailed information for the differences depending on the following scenarios in case when setting the Register Teams as the chat app for Office option in Teams, or when setting co-existing mode to island mode in Teams admin center.
    1. An event is created from Outlook on the web
    2. An event is created from Outlook client
    3. A Teams meeting is created from Microsoft Teams
    4. A Teams meeting is created from Outlook client

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hide internal users’ icons from external users’ screen in Microsoft Teams

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams において、外部のユーザーには、内部ユーザーのアイコンが表示されないようにしたい。

Hide internal users’ icons from external users’ screen in Microsoft Teams
    ■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams では匿名ユーザーおよびゲストユーザーを招待可能であるかと存じます。その際、外部のユーザーには内部のユーザーのアイコンが閲覧不可 (デフォルトで設定されていたアイコンになるなど) となるよう機能の拡充を希望します。
    アイコンには本人の顔写真が利用されている場合が多く、個人情報の漏洩を懸念しております。

In Microsoft Teams, we are allowed to invite anonymous users or guest users. Which means those external users can also see the internal users’ icons that might include internal users’ head shots or other personal information.

To prevent the leakage of personal information, I hope the feature will be introduced to restrict external users from seeing internal users’ icons (displaying the default icon instead).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The ability to follow people (similar to following channels)

The ability to follow people (similar to following channels)
    It would be great to have the ability to follow people so that a user (x) receives a notification when a user(y) that they follow posts a new message.
    I think this would be a useful feature so that users don't miss posts from important individuals.
    You'd have to consider how this fits in with existing notifications along with Teams/channels that the following user has access to.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Implement a feature for Teams presence to work with Exchange Online Calendar

We would like to have a feature for Teams presence to work with Exchange Online Calendar likewise the presence capability of Skype for Business.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. チーム内のチャネル毎に別の権限がかけられない

チーム内のチャネル毎に別の権限がかけられない
    チャネルを担当毎に分けても権限がかけられないため、通知など担当外にも送信されてしまうため、
    チャネル毎に照会権限者、投稿権限者の権限設定を細かくしたい。

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Tags = first name, last name

Simply, when you tag people, it should be first name then last name. You call people by their first name right? Hey “Bill” can you help me out? Not - hey Gates, Bill can you help me out?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 6 8 10 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.