Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hide offline contacts

I miss the functionality of Skype where you can hide all contacts that are not online. The skype groups are much cleaner and consists only of my online contacts. The rest are either away or offline. This function is a must in Teams or else the groups will be cluttered with all the different statuses mixed. You can't get a good overview.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Chat complications

Skype is better. When I click on chat, all the contacts get extended. It makes it difficult to find the right person. Every time I need to Chat, I need to close every groups.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Users deleted from O365, but seen in Teams

Users deleted from O365 on November 13, 2018 will be viewed on Teams today, November 22, 2018.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Cross company integration

I'm working a company where we use teams and now deployed to a client place on contract. But I cannot collaborate with my client company colleagues due to organizational restrictions. This is crippling me.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Guest members should have the ability to lookup and chat with other teams member of the same organization

Guest members should have the ability to lookup and chat with other teams member with the same organization

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Dismiss other user's out of office status in a team

When I go to a team channel or a group message and one or more participants is out of office, I am notified every time. Even if I acknowledge the message, it just comes back. I realize that a single person is not going to receive the message, but it's still relevant to the other 30 people on the team. If I dismiss someone's OOO message in Teams, it should stick, I shouldn't have to dismiss it every time I try to send a message to the rest of the group.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. better status in chat

At the top of the chat window where it says the name, it doesn't clearly display information about what they are doing. It would be nice to have a status, next meeting @, location

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. one of my colleagues always reinvites me to group chats

one of my annoying colleagues always reinvites me to a group chat I leave. please add a feature to block someone particular to invite you to groups without blocking the whole person.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add an out of office feature for chats

I don't know if this works automatically if you use Office 365 for your email and calendaring too, but we don't. Teams needs an out of office feature separate to Office 365 calendaring so people who try to message me while I'm on vacation get told as much.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. See team members and status on channel conversation page

Similar to other chat apps (e.g. HipChat) show the members of a team on each channel message page on a sidebar (right side?)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Display user info on hovering over profile picture

Display user info on hovering over profile picture at the top of Teams like it is done when hovering in chat over profile picture. Then you can finally see the user login name of the currently logged in user with hovering over the profile picture. Should be easy to implement.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hide latest message from Chat sidebar

When scanning down the Chat sidebar looking for a person's name I find the most recent message text and time to be distracting noise. It would be much easier to find the person I'm looking for if those details weren't shown (personally, if I wanted to see that information I'd click on the user's name).

An option to hide this extra info, so that just the names and avatars are shown, would make the UI much clearer.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Teams status issues

Changing status is very slow. Sometimes it takes 30 seconds or more for our statuses to change. Also many times other users statuses are a white circle even though I am actively chatting with them.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. As a user I would like to have a way to visually indicate that I have something to add to the conversation.

One of the difficult things about teleconferencing is that everyone is trying to jump in on each-other every-time the person talking takes a breath. This is because there is no visual ques that indicate that a person has something to contribute.

I think it would be a small but significant improvement to have a "raise your hand" like option where I can click on my own avatar and it will highlight my square in a color (like green) indicating to the current person talking that I have a followup question or idea

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. link to chat with a specific user

It would be great to have an ability send to e.g Mark the link to Chat with e.g. Angela - When Mark will click on it then chat with Angela will appear

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Group Teams

I have one team created in outlook teams, but this team does not appear in the Microsoft Teams, but if i create it in Microsoft Teams it will create it in outlook teams.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Remove "status unknown" or add time like with away or offline

Sometimes status is shown as status unknown instead of offline, not sure exactly what it means but judging from what I've seen it could just mean the user is offline.

Ideally I think this status should be removed since either Teams has contact with the user and can determine the status or contact can not be established and then the user is offline (a status which you have).

If it for some reason can not be removed then I think you should at least change it so that you can see time since last activity. The same way as with…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Availability Schedule

It would be great to setup our availability in teams (like they have in slack). Like we could setup our working hours so we don't receive notification outiste working hours. Right now if I do not want to receive notifications (on my phone) I need to manually set me in away.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. We would like the chat list to change by availability.

We would like to see the chat order change as users become available. The most recent conversation with an available person should be at the top of the list. Unavailable users should be at bottom.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Archive users who are deleted so chats with them do not disappear

I tried pulling up an old conversation with important information between me and a team member who left. Those chats completely disappear. That's access to important information I'll never have just because that user is no longer in teams. Slack doesn't do this. You always have all of the data regardless of whether or not that person is no longer on your team.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.