Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show which people have subordinates in org chart view

When viewing a person's organization I would like to see which of their subordinates are managers - ie, have subordinates of their own. This could just be a down arrow connected to the subordinate box, or some other indicator on the box. As it is you have to click on every box to find out which ones have people beneath them

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Skype for Business shows available even if client is not running

At the moment it seems that if you are running Teams client, but have Skype for Business client turned off, Skype for Business is still showing the available status. I suspect this issue appeared with the unified presence.

I would expect SfB showing offline, if I have that client off. At least until the co-existence is working properly that Skype messages would reach me at Teams. Now I'm receiving "you've missed a conversation" emails, because I'm actually not online on Skype for Business.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to disable presence feature

Allow me to set presence information to "Disabled" or similar, because it has too many inaccuracies to be useful and wrong information is worse than none.
    Further, colleagues interested in that information can get it from Skype for Business.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add an out of office feature for chats

I don't know if this works automatically if you use Office 365 for your email and calendaring too, but we don't. Teams needs an out of office feature separate to Office 365 calendaring so people who try to message me while I'm on vacation get told as much.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The ability to set availability per team differently from global

Sure would be groovy to have a global availability option and then something more granular for individual teams. For example, appear busy to the masses, but for Team XYZ (my immediate crew) appear available.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Display user info on hovering over profile picture

Display user info on hovering over profile picture at the top of Teams like it is done when hovering in chat over profile picture. Then you can finally see the user login name of the currently logged in user with hovering over the profile picture. Should be easy to implement.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hide latest message from Chat sidebar

When scanning down the Chat sidebar looking for a person's name I find the most recent message text and time to be distracting noise. It would be much easier to find the person I'm looking for if those details weren't shown (personally, if I wanted to see that information I'd click on the user's name).

An option to hide this extra info, so that just the names and avatars are shown, would make the UI much clearer.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. remove from group

I should be able to remove/kick someone from a group I created. I'm only able to do that in teams.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. New status "In Meeting"

Teams is used by many organisation. A new status "In Meeting" will be very beneficial, if someone is going to attend the meeting.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Company directory information should be available from within teams.

It would be nice to see information on other employees from the contact card in teams. For example, mailing address, phone numbers, etc. Sometimes I need to send something to someone or find their mobile number and I need to leave teams where I do my other communication to get that info.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Person Daily Schedule/Work hours on Hover Card

A very useful feature for people would be the ability to hover over a person and see their schedule/work hours for the day. A lot of times, we want to chat with someone and status isn't enough. We would like to see if they are in the office, meeting or have one or more meetings coming up. Saves a ton of time.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. A home screen when the application opens or done with a conversation.

The first screen that shows once you open the app would be a "home page". Currently, when you open the app, your last chat is on the screen. I don't want to keep chats open all the time if the conversations are done. This home page could be simple... " What would you like to do? ... with icons for Chat, video call, audio call, Conference, etc"

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow users to customize away presence timeout

Allow users to customize away presence timeout like the options in the Skype client. Add: Show me inactive when my computer has been idle for this many minutes. Also Add: Change my status from inactive to Away after this many minutes.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Lag in status symbol

There is a lag in the status symbol (green for present, red for occupied etc) compared to Skype. Also, I miss the search for contacts under Chat.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Link contact groups from Outlook to Teams

Ensure that contact groups that have been created in Outlook are visible / can be used in Teams. Now I have to re-create certain groups in teams and instead would just like to copy from Outlook

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The ability to follow people (similar to following channels)

The ability to follow people (similar to following channels)
    It would be great to have the ability to follow people so that a user (x) receives a notification when a user(y) that they follow posts a new message.
    I think this would be a useful feature so that users don't miss posts from important individuals.
    You'd have to consider how this fits in with existing notifications along with Teams/channels that the following user has access to.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. チーム内のチャネル毎に別の権限がかけられない

チーム内のチャネル毎に別の権限がかけられない
    チャネルを担当毎に分けても権限がかけられないため、通知など担当外にも送信されてしまうため、
    チャネル毎に照会権限者、投稿権限者の権限設定を細かくしたい。

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add the status for "Off work."

The "off work" status was available in Skype for Business. This helps a leader identify which team members are temporarily out of office - "Away" status vs. which are gone for the day "Off work."

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Chat complications

Skype is better. When I click on chat, all the contacts get extended. It makes it difficult to find the right person. Every time I need to Chat, I need to close every groups.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Users deleted from O365, but seen in Teams

Users deleted from O365 on November 13, 2018 will be viewed on Teams today, November 22, 2018.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.