Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add an option not to change status based on calendar information

Teams automatically changes your presence to "In a meeting" any time there is something on your calendar. When it sets this it also overrides any presence setting made in Skype for business and it will not allow you to change the presence in Skype until you have set the presence in Teams manually to Available. In Skype for Business this was an option that we did not use for most of our employees as many of them have items on their calendar that have nothing to do with if they are actually available on their device to receive messages. There…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. External users have difficulty joining the team.

I've invited external users several times, (external users are allowed for Teams in the Office365 settings). The Teams app allows me to add users, sends them an email with a link, but when they click the link, launching their Teams app, an error pops up saying that they need to be invited to Teams. Although... they just clicked on an invitation link.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. As a user I would like to have a way to visually indicate that I have something to add to the conversation.

One of the difficult things about teleconferencing is that everyone is trying to jump in on each-other every-time the person talking takes a breath. This is because there is no visual ques that indicate that a person has something to contribute.

I think it would be a small but significant improvement to have a "raise your hand" like option where I can click on my own avatar and it will highlight my square in a color (like green) indicating to the current person talking that I have a followup question or idea

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Have status on teams the same as SFB, including offline time

When on SFB you can see how long someone is offline for, this service on teams would be brilliant as you could see at a glance if someone is actively using teams.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Company directory information should be available from within teams.

It would be nice to see information on other employees from the contact card in teams. For example, mailing address, phone numbers, etc. Sometimes I need to send something to someone or find their mobile number and I need to leave teams where I do my other communication to get that info.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Availability Schedule

It would be great to setup our availability in teams (like they have in slack). Like we could setup our working hours so we don't receive notification outiste working hours. Right now if I do not want to receive notifications (on my phone) I need to manually set me in away.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. We would like the chat list to change by availability.

We would like to see the chat order change as users become available. The most recent conversation with an available person should be at the top of the list. Unavailable users should be at bottom.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. create a Focus prescence that can be time boxed and a 'while you were away' summary pop-up

We would like to be able to set our presence to Focus (to allow time to focus on an issue or task) where we would not be disturbed.

Once the time expires, we would like the presence to resume where we were.

And we would like to have a summary pop-up that shows what happened while we were away so every post does not have to be read.

Additionally we would like to have a summary pop-up that tells what happened while the presence is offline, so when geting back online in the morning, there would be a summary to…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make Teams honor EnableAwaySinceIndication setting from CSUserServicesPolicy

In Skype for Business, setting Set-CsUserServicesPolicy -EnableAwaySinceIndication:$false removed "Away/offline since" timer visible for other users.
    In EU (Germany specifically) this timer is seen as privacy-intrusive, and this needs to be configurable in Teams as well.
    Currently Teams explicitly don't allow to remove this (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/presence-admins#admin-settings-in-teams-compared-to-skype-for-business)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Badges or Icons that visually indicate a team owner

In large groups, users often need to quickly identify who is an owner. Presently, a user must go into the settings then "manage teams." I propose the use of "badges" or "icons" adjacent or partially covering their picture. This would provide a quick visual indicator of who is an owner. This idea could be further adapted to provide indicators of key contributers, subject matter experts, etc. The list of custimizable badges could be limitless.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Teams Status

Among the Status options in Teams, it would be good to have “Appear Offline” , in situations when I do not wish to be contacted (just like it was before in skype for business) !

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. User’s display name in Microsoft Teams

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    ユーザーの表示名について

User’s display name in Microsoft Teams

■Description(内容):
    現在 Teams を多く利用しております。
    最新表示にそれぞれのユーザーの情報がユーザーの名前で表示されるため便利に確認しております。
    しかし日本語環境だと、名前のみで表示されているユーザーが多数おります。
    連絡先の項目内 ”表示名” に空白が入ると空白以降の表示となる動作は理解しておりますが、日本語環境だと、一般的に性の後に空白を入れ名前を入力する事が多いかと存じます。
    現在は Microsoft 365 管理センターにて変更をする事で表示を見やすいよう検討しておりますが、ユーザーが多数いて工数もかなりのものになるため、機能の拡張を要望します。

When users set the language setting to “Japanese” in Microsoft Teams, some of Japanese users are displayed with only their first names in the user information. The reason of this is in Japanese, most people put space between surname and first name, and if the space is included in “Display name” field in contact information, letters entered before the space won’t be shown in the Display name.
    If we want to fix the display name, we…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The ability to follow people (similar to following channels)

The ability to follow people (similar to following channels)
    It would be great to have the ability to follow people so that a user (x) receives a notification when a user(y) that they follow posts a new message.
    I think this would be a useful feature so that users don't miss posts from important individuals.
    You'd have to consider how this fits in with existing notifications along with Teams/channels that the following user has access to.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. As a shared calendar user I would like to access other users calendars from their card pop up

Just like you can access the chat, email, organisation, video and call or message the person directly, it would nice to access their calendar from the persons card.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. how long a person has been away

Include how long a person has been away like skype for business had.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. one of my colleagues always reinvites me to group chats

one of my annoying colleagues always reinvites me to a group chat I leave. please add a feature to block someone particular to invite you to groups without blocking the whole person.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Skype for Business shows available even if client is not running

At the moment it seems that if you are running Teams client, but have Skype for Business client turned off, Skype for Business is still showing the available status. I suspect this issue appeared with the unified presence.

I would expect SfB showing offline, if I have that client off. At least until the co-existence is working properly that Skype messages would reach me at Teams. Now I'm receiving "you've missed a conversation" emails, because I'm actually not online on Skype for Business.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Option to disable presence feature

Allow me to set presence information to "Disabled" or similar, because it has too many inaccuracies to be useful and wrong information is worse than none.
    Further, colleagues interested in that information can get it from Skype for Business.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add an out of office feature for chats

I don't know if this works automatically if you use Office 365 for your email and calendaring too, but we don't. Teams needs an out of office feature separate to Office 365 calendaring so people who try to message me while I'm on vacation get told as much.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. See team members and status on channel conversation page

Similar to other chat apps (e.g. HipChat) show the members of a team on each channel message page on a sidebar (right side?)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base