Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Follow us on Twitter: Official announcements come from our @MicrosoftTeams Twitter handle and often reference our blog at https://TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://M365Roadmap

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Company directory information should be available from within teams.

It would be nice to see information on other employees from the contact card in teams. For example, mailing address, phone numbers, etc. Sometimes I need to send something to someone or find their mobile number and I need to leave teams where I do my other communication to get that info.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  People/Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Detailed information needed for Teams presence

I would like to have a public information for the presence activity deference based on the event creation method. Specifically, I need detailed information for the differences depending on the following scenarios in case when setting the Register Teams as the chat app for Office option in Teams, or when setting co-existing mode to island mode in Teams admin center.
    1. An event is created from Outlook on the web
    2. An event is created from Outlook client
    3. A Teams meeting is created from Microsoft Teams
    4. A Teams meeting is created from Outlook client

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Hide internal users’ icons from external users’ screen in Microsoft Teams

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams において、外部のユーザーには、内部ユーザーのアイコンが表示されないようにしたい。

Hide internal users’ icons from external users’ screen in Microsoft Teams
    ■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams では匿名ユーザーおよびゲストユーザーを招待可能であるかと存じます。その際、外部のユーザーには内部のユーザーのアイコンが閲覧不可 (デフォルトで設定されていたアイコンになるなど) となるよう機能の拡充を希望します。
    アイコンには本人の顔写真が利用されている場合が多く、個人情報の漏洩を懸念しております。

In Microsoft Teams, we are allowed to invite anonymous users or guest users. Which means those external users can also see the internal users’ icons that might include internal users’ head shots or other personal information.

To prevent the leakage of personal information, I hope the feature will be introduced to restrict external users from seeing internal users’ icons (displaying the default icon instead).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Contacts

There needs to be better management for viewing contacts in the chat section. It's really frustrating that even though I have placed different contacts into groups and then I collapse those groups that when I navigate away from the chat section and then come back that all of my groups get automatically expanded.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. External user profile information & edit

Ability to edit External User's information in Teams (in team members, for example): Name (if error was made during invite), Title, Company, Mobile number should be possible. If not in Teams UI then external user AAD information should be editable (or reflect information from the source AAD).

Or: External user should be able to change these in Teams profile per guest-tenant (settings)

Currenly changing external information in AAD does not show in Teams and there is no information about guest user.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sync "Teams Status" with "GitHub Status"

I just spotted the new feature to add a custom status message to Microsoft Teams. GitHub introduced a similar feature recently. As a customer using both products it would be nice if you could sync those two statuses. Thus, users could manage their status at the preferred app and see other users’ statuses in both environments.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Show status message in chat window

I 'm setting "status message" (show attach file).
    But it can only see in user profile.

So I hope it see in chat window or other place.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Users deleted from O365, but seen in Teams

Users deleted from O365 on November 13, 2018 will be viewed on Teams today, November 22, 2018.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  People/Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Guest members should have the ability to lookup and chat with other teams member of the same organization

Guest members should have the ability to lookup and chat with other teams member with the same organization

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Custom away message... Like Skype.

Skype has an option to "set your location". A similar option in MS Teams would be a great boon.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Show which people have subordinates in org chart view

When viewing a person's organization I would like to see which of their subordinates are managers - ie, have subordinates of their own. This could just be a down arrow connected to the subordinate box, or some other indicator on the box. As it is you have to click on every box to find out which ones have people beneath them

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Display user info on hovering over profile picture

Display user info on hovering over profile picture at the top of Teams like it is done when hovering in chat over profile picture. Then you can finally see the user login name of the currently logged in user with hovering over the profile picture. Should be easy to implement.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hide latest message from Chat sidebar

When scanning down the Chat sidebar looking for a person's name I find the most recent message text and time to be distracting noise. It would be much easier to find the person I'm looking for if those details weren't shown (personally, if I wanted to see that information I'd click on the user's name).

An option to hide this extra info, so that just the names and avatars are shown, would make the UI much clearer.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  People/Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Teams status issues

Changing status is very slow. Sometimes it takes 30 seconds or more for our statuses to change. Also many times other users statuses are a white circle even though I am actively chatting with them.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. As a user I would like to have a way to visually indicate that I have something to add to the conversation.

One of the difficult things about teleconferencing is that everyone is trying to jump in on each-other every-time the person talking takes a breath. This is because there is no visual ques that indicate that a person has something to contribute.

I think it would be a small but significant improvement to have a "raise your hand" like option where I can click on my own avatar and it will highlight my square in a color (like green) indicating to the current person talking that I have a followup question or idea

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. link to chat with a specific user

It would be great to have an ability send to e.g Mark the link to Chat with e.g. Angela - When Mark will click on it then chat with Angela will appear

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Group Teams

I have one team created in outlook teams, but this team does not appear in the Microsoft Teams, but if i create it in Microsoft Teams it will create it in outlook teams.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Have status on teams the same as SFB, including offline time

When on SFB you can see how long someone is offline for, this service on teams would be brilliant as you could see at a glance if someone is actively using teams.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sort Teams members by joining date

In Members interface, add a sortable "Join date" column.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Remove "status unknown" or add time like with away or offline

Sometimes status is shown as status unknown instead of offline, not sure exactly what it means but judging from what I've seen it could just mean the user is offline.

Ideally I think this status should be removed since either Teams has contact with the user and can determine the status or contact can not be established and then the user is offline (a status which you have).

If it for some reason can not be removed then I think you should at least change it so that you can see time since last activity. The same way as with…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base