Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Team address books (and company-wide address book)

The lifeblood of Microsoft teams is the people that that make up those teams and generate the content within teams. As of now, there is now basic way of listing who those people are within teams.

It would be really great if each team had it's own "people" tab where it would be an address book of all the people who make up that team. Without it, how does a general user even know with whom they are speaking?

Furthermore, it would be good to have the option for a company-wide "people" tab in the left menu, which would function…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. External user profile information & edit

Ability to edit External User's information in Teams (in team members, for example): Name (if error was made during invite), Title, Company, Mobile number should be possible. If not in Teams UI then external user AAD information should be editable (or reflect information from the source AAD).

Or: External user should be able to change these in Teams profile per guest-tenant (settings)

Currenly changing external information in AAD does not show in Teams and there is no information about guest user.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Sort Team Group Members by Indicator Status (Online, Offline)

We hope to have a sorting for view member from Online to Offline

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Sort/Group contacts by presence

When you have a list of contacts, it would be great to be able to group them by who is available, who is offline etc. At the moment it is hard to see who is available just by their different coloured icons.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. suggested contacts

Adding a contact to my favorites should automatically remove them from the 'suggested contacts' don't you think?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Presence across Tenants

Have presence across tenants. I am working with some users in one Teams site in one tenant but when I return to mine they cannot see my presence. Presence should be across tenant or configurable to be like that. Thanks

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Provide an option within Settings to permanently collapse or hide the 'Suggested Contacts'. It is not useful.

Offer the user an option to permanently collapse or hide the 'Suggested Contacts' that are constantly in an expanded view and must be collapsed with every login to Teams.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow emotes with /me

Most chat software allows this, we just moved from HipChat and really missing this feature.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add an option not to change status based on calendar information

Teams automatically changes your presence to "In a meeting" any time there is something on your calendar. When it sets this it also overrides any presence setting made in Skype for business and it will not allow you to change the presence in Skype until you have set the presence in Teams manually to Available. In Skype for Business this was an option that we did not use for most of our employees as many of them have items on their calendar that have nothing to do with if they are actually available on their device to receive messages. There…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. External users have difficulty joining the team.

I've invited external users several times, (external users are allowed for Teams in the Office365 settings). The Teams app allows me to add users, sends them an email with a link, but when they click the link, launching their Teams app, an error pops up saying that they need to be invited to Teams. Although... they just clicked on an invitation link.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. delay messages for "busy" contacts

The contacts that have set their presence as "busy" or DND should not get notified/disturbed by the messages. If someone tries to send messages to a busy contact, MS Teams should ask if the message is really critical, with options "urgent, send now", "automatically send later when the contact is available", "dont send".
    Its such a basic feature, it ought to be there

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. create a Focus prescence that can be time boxed and a 'while you were away' summary pop-up

We would like to be able to set our presence to Focus (to allow time to focus on an issue or task) where we would not be disturbed.

Once the time expires, we would like the presence to resume where we were.

And we would like to have a summary pop-up that shows what happened while we were away so every post does not have to be read.

Additionally we would like to have a summary pop-up that tells what happened while the presence is offline, so when geting back online in the morning, there would be a summary to…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Contacts

There needs to be better management for viewing contacts in the chat section. It's really frustrating that even though I have placed different contacts into groups and then I collapse those groups that when I navigate away from the chat section and then come back that all of my groups get automatically expanded.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Sync "Teams Status" with "GitHub Status"

I just spotted the new feature to add a custom status message to Microsoft Teams. GitHub introduced a similar feature recently. As a customer using both products it would be nice if you could sync those two statuses. Thus, users could manage their status at the preferred app and see other users’ statuses in both environments.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. More focus on external contacts

Overall the Teams approach seems to be focused on collaboration with internal or company peers. For people who spend more than 50% of their time working externally the overall usability of teams features seems like this isn't a priority scenario.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Teams should allow to track timesheets for team members

Teams should allow to track timesheets for team members as well. Then Teams is going to one stop shop for the team and TPMs. Of Course, we can integrate with VSTS. VSTS does not have option either to enter the timesheets.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Button for scheduling a meeting from a contact card

Just as with Skype for Business, when you hover or right click a contact in Chat, you have a "Schedule a Meeting" option. In Teams, this is not replicated. You have to go to meetings to schedule with that person whose contact card you were just looking at.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. ''Get-CsUserSession'' Powershell command

Add the support for getting a full list of session details via the "Get-CsUserSession" Powershell command like it is currently available for "Skype for Business Online".

Thank you in advance!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Custom away message... Like Skype.

Skype has an option to "set your location". A similar option in MS Teams would be a great boon.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Skype for Business shows available even if client is not running

At the moment it seems that if you are running Teams client, but have Skype for Business client turned off, Skype for Business is still showing the available status. I suspect this issue appeared with the unified presence.

I would expect SfB showing offline, if I have that client off. At least until the co-existence is working properly that Skype messages would reach me at Teams. Now I'm receiving "you've missed a conversation" emails, because I'm actually not online on Skype for Business.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base