Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Presence Status in Tray Icon

Have an indicator on the Teams taskbar icon and tray icon that indicates your current status

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Presence Issues

From a user who has been using Skype for Business for the past 3+ years, the sole fact we still don't have some basic features in Teams such as Tagging users for Status Changes is an issue. I have taken a look at the Roadmap for Teams & I do not see this feature anywhere.

How many of us use Tagging to keep track of presence?

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow all users to be able to see who has seen a post @ the bottom of the recent message

Allow all users to be able to see who has seen a post @ the bottom of the recent message

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. show it user status is on mobile

It would be great to see a status/presence of when a user is signed in only on their mobile. It helps other users to realize if the person they are contacting may have a delay in responding because they may not see the details on their mobile (perhaps they are driving).

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Availability Status

Dear Team, Thank you for this product. I've a challenge in my status, which is often changed to "Away" even in my presence, when am moved to other site it happens frequently. Hardly the status is changed to "Available" when I does it manually.Would like to hear the possibilities or any settings to be modified for this. Your response on this is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Customizable statuses (like Jabber)

Customizable statuses (like Jabber)

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Separate Out of Office status from Presence (like Skype)

Allow users to offer their presence of choice while keeping the Out of Office indicator persistent.
    Users may have special projects / exceptions / reasons that require them to temporarily login and publish their status, while otherwise not in the office.
    In Skype, a user can login and show available for a quick interval - without having to disable their Out of Office in order to extend that presence.
    This dual context would be useful in Teams.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Status

As soon as I start Teams I put my status to not available. Please make it possible to define that as my default status so that I don't need to put it to not available every day and every time I re-start the system. Thanks in advance.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Auto-reply based on status similar to, or integrated with, outlook

Please add the ability to manage an auto reply based on status to alert others that you are away or set to do not disturb.

similar things for comparison:
    -In outlook you can control auto replies
    -in outlook if you are emailing someone with an auto-reply enabled, it alerts you that you are sending a message to someone who is away

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. contact card cuts off text but doesn't show on hover

Looking for some info in a co-workers contact card (hover on their name), the info I need (cubicle location) is cutoff (has an elipses), but hovering over it and selecting it don't work and there is no scroll.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability not to show Disabled/Blocked users

Presently users of "Blocked", "Unlicensed" and even Shared Mailboxes all show up in the search / can try to converse with them. Can these be filtered out / a setting to remove them from the teams search?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Reset Status

Where is the "Reset Status" option? When I go on DND, then I come back, how should I handle my status? This was straightforward in Skype for business with Reset Status.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Online??

Be good to be able to see when people are online as opposed to just on teams

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I need a way to let my team members know I am out on vacation some kind of auto responder to put in a message?

I am on vacation for a week it would be great to set a master out of office notification for all members to see in any channel the time for being out etc.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. external chat with more functionality

Chat with external users needs to have added functionality in order to replace Skype for Business. Images, formatting and emojis are a bare minimum of what is to be expected in a modern application.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Better visibility for custom Status Message

The new status message feature is great, but it lacks visibility to other users. It would be much more useful to make it visible in the chat area user list, rather than having to hover over a user to find it in the drop down. It would also be great to have it anywhere you can see user presence.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Skype for Business Functionality missing in Teams

As a consultant I am constantly interacting with people in other organisations, especially video calls with screen sharing. Recent auto upgrade to Teams from Skype for Business has reduced my functionality not increased it.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Unify contacts from calls and chat tabs

There are contacts in the Calls tab (A-Z come from Outlook contacts) and Contacts in Chat tab (from Skype). It would be better to unify those - why do we need both? Also favorites and Speed dial contacts could be the same?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. User Staus / Presence Information in Outlook

So, I am coming at this from a different angle then most. We are a former IBM Notes / Domino shop and we are migrating to Office 365. We currently use Lotus Sametime, which integrates remarkably well with Notes. Specifically in the folders and views of the user's mail. An example would be that when glancing at the Inbox, you can see right there what the status is of the person who sent you e-mail because the presence information for that user is displayed as an icon next to their name.

So what I am proposing is that Teams and…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Chat

All the chats that I had added to my Favorites disappeared after I came back from vacation. Presumably, this is because chats are auto-hidden after an expiration time of some kind? I was able to find the chats by searching for the people.

My suggestion is to persist the chats indefinitely in the Favorites list by default. And let the user decide whether they want to Hide the chat or remove it from the Favorites list.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base