Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Button to display/change my online status, always visible in iOS UI

I want to be able to quickly and easily change my online status while in the iOS app. Currently, I have to click More to see and change my status.
    I think that my status and the ability to change it should be in the top left and corner, on the left of the search button. It will then be visible, whether in Chat, Teams, Activity or Meetings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrate TEAMS with Skype status

Would it be possible to integrate TEAMS with Skype status so when I'm in a meeting on TEAMS it shows as 'red' in Skype too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Status defaults to "On a conference call" when in meetings. That status isnt available to even choose.

It does this in Skype. That status isnt available to even choose in Teams. Would be good to differentiate between 'busy' vs actually "on a call"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Notification of Availabilty

It would be handy, if you could set a notification when someone comes online, or when a presence is set to available. There are instances when i need to talk with someone who is between meetings and calls. When their status changes to available - a notification could be sent to allert a person waiting for their availablity.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to have Do Not Disturb mode

Ability to have Do Not Disturb mode so that team messages would not automatically pop up while sharing screen in a call.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Teams Individual Status

Provide options to status such as "Tea Break" and "Lunch Break", so that one can update their status before going to break.

It is important to have a tea and lunch break with family during this work from home schedule without any disturbance.

Would appreciate if you could think about it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow contacts panel to be detached.

It is a very useful feature of Skype that the list of contacts and their status be a separate narrow panel that doesn't use a lot of screen space. It didn't need to be minimized along with the chat panels like Teams appears to require.
    Could the Contacts panel in Teams be made to be detachable?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. View Team Member Statuses Easily

I want to be able to see a list of contacts/team members and their statuses at all times. Much like the skype for business used to be. I could add coworkers to my group and organize by status and see everyone who was online, whether they were free or in a meeting, out for the day, away for the moment, busy, etc. always up on my screen. That is the MOST important feature to me. And now it is gone. PLEASE ADD IT TO TEAMS!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Improve Presence/Status

I really like that Teams updates the Status from the Outlook calendar - It's really nice seeing that pop-up that Dale is out of office and may not respond. But do I really need to see that message every time I type? There doesn't seem to be a setting to silence after a time, and that banner is intrusive. It could be moved up and out of the way - even a "3 people in chat are away and may not respond" like when composing an email in the Outlook Web App.

Additionally, my status does not stay consistent since…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. All presence options available when hover over app icon.

Currently when you hover over the Teams app icon in Task Bar you can only see a subset of presence choices. You should be able to see all choices including one to Reset status back to whatever your automatic outlook integration says.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Fix the status indicator

The status indicator doesn't work well, please fix this. My status is regularly set to 'away' when in reality I have Teams open on my work PC Win 10 Pro, my iPad iOS 13.4, my home PC Win 10 Home, and my iPhone iOS 13.4 - our entire company has noticed this. We always seem to be left in 'Busy' status hours after a meeting has ended.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. AFK and mute MIC function

Add function to visually show an AFK* symbol instead of Avatar or Webcam picture. Also mute MIC.

*Away from keyboard

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Отсутствие в сети

В мобильной версии непонятно в чате, не хватает места для подписи, когда пользователь был последний раз в сети.
    Когда заходишь на сам профиль, есть только иконка, а время отсутствия не показывает

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Custom choise for call status

It would be very useful if user can choose how to put its presence (and then the notifications) during calls or meetings.
    Actually it is automatically set to "busy" and notification are always there and moreover new calls can came while you're already in a call.
    Considering that for someone this can be normal, I suppose that most of the users doesn't like to have multiple calla t same time, mainly if you're in a meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. keep status

allow MS Teams to keep last recorded status.
    e.g. my status keeps reverting back to Available after put my laptop to sleep. would be good for Teams to recognize that i had manually set status to Busy and keep it that way even after i lock, sleep or hibernate my laptop.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I think you should be able to make custom messages like Cisco Jabber.

I have several custom messages. For example, for the color yellow, I have one that says on lunch, another that says at an appt. For red, I have one that says in meeting, on a call.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base