Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Isolate the presence status from other services to show certain status

I would like to always show certain status (Available or Busy) as my presence regardless of the presence info from other services such as calendar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create Custom Org wide status with icons

It would be nice to be able to create a group of custom org wide status or custom statuses that also use icons. Example could be "Working Remotely" with a House icon. Or out sick with a Sick emoji icon. the icons should be displayed for a person in the Chat area of beside the users name

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. No solicitar una ubicación esperada

El reloj de fichar solicita una ubicación esperada, para poder disponer de la grabación de la ubicación del empleado al fichar .
    Sería genial que tan sólo registrara la ubicación (sea cua sea) en el momento de fichar al empezar o acabar su turno.

Muchas gracias

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Keep showing Outlook presence even when I switched to external tenant which I’ve been invited as a guest

Currently you can’t see the right presence on Outlook when you switch your Teams tenant to the external tenant which you’ve been invited to as a guest, and Presence unknown will be shown in Outlook. It would be great if Outlook could show the correct status even when switching account in Teams to the guest account.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Let me choose if I want to share my availability with external contacts

I don't want external people to see my availability - when I'm 'green' I want to be available to my people internally and not deluged by externals 'stalking' me. Let me have the option to share my availability with an external contact

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Users outside the organization can view status messages

Status messages should be implemented with the ability to set the scope of display, such as within an organization or a team

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Provide API so headset manufacturers can set status

I am told that there is currently no way for headset manufacturers to set the status like they currently can do in skype for business.
    ie. When we are in a call on the headset on another device, allow the headset to indicate in teams the user is on a call.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. ステータスについて

ステータスを一覧で見れると、その人の在席状況が確認できて、助かると思います

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. We would like to be able to change display names to better and more easily identify our colleagues.

We would like to be able to change display names to better and more easily identify our colleagues.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Real time Location tracking

Many Teams have team members out on site or in various locations. It would be great to be able to get real time live location data allowing say an admin or head office or Team coordinator to direct the best resources to the right place and help colleagues help each other. Similar layout as say Life 360 and would be great if you could share directions with team members or a team leader can share a Route for the day or the week making real team integration.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When searching for users that are not Teams/SFB users, is there a way to determine whether the user is activated for Teams or not

Issue Definition:
    When searching for users that are not Teams/SFB users, is there a way to determine whether the user is activated for Teams or not? Current status shows date 1/1/1 in Teams desktop client and Null in the Teams web client. These users have synced O365 accounts for other O365 products but are not enabled or have licenses for Teams.

Main Ask: Would like to see an indicator that shows whether the user is a Teams user or not. This will help educate user base so they can identify which users can be interacted with.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. reputation

I would like to be able to enable in a specific channel a reputation system.
    When a person anwer a question, others should be able to:
    - Upvote the answer
    - Mark the answer as accepted (this should be shown at the top)
    - Downvote an anser

All of this actions should build up a scoring system and the users more active shoul be rewarded with badges or other visual indicators. This will help people to get engaged and help colleagues.

This is only part of what I would really like to have in teams, a system like stack overflow,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I want to know how many have viewed my announcements or assignments.

On the page where Assignments and Announcements are viewed, include the number of people "assigned to" has viewed it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be helpful for admins to see which users are following a channel. When tagging the whole channel, it just shows the total.

I'll get a warning about the total number of followers I am about to notify, but there is not way to see who those followers are. As an admin, I want to know which users are following my team's channels.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. status on the taskbar is confusing

When a chat is open I can see the name of person on the task bar combined with my status of presence. It's confusing, coz I thought it's this person's status.
    And please add labels with number of new messages on the taskbar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bigger Team Size **SuperUser**

Right now the platform limits how many users in one team. Can we make the Team sizes larger than 100 please?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. will it be possible to remove userIDS on the search from the Chat funtionality. Our company keeps UserIDs private to each user

will it be possible to remove user IDs on the search results from the Chat functionality.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Advanced Check In - Check Out with Inclusive Org Chart Support

The Org Chart feature populated by AD is AWESOME!!! Having it well integrated with a check in/out feature would make the Teams mobile app so efficient for SMBs like ours. Our President has been asking for a custom "company directory/check in check out" mobile app that we would develop internally for years. Since Teams is all about collaboration across the organization, I am also picturing the integration of the online presence baked in this. If Out of the Office Assistant is also right there with it, that would be cherry on top!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. How do I "invite" an SME to any specific thread without having to add as a member or guest to the whole group?

I would like to invite an SME to a specific thread to collaboratively solve a problem. I wouldn't want to add the SME to the group. As a colleague, I would like to invite the SME to provide his/her input to the thread, gain context and provide a reply to it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base