Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The status icon in teams is updated much too slowly

I think you need to approach the status indicator in teams differently. This is a feature that is very important and I don't think it's getting enough attention or focus.

For example, it takes up to 5 minutes to show teams as "away" even if your computer is locked. If it is locked, you should immediately be shown as "away". Usually by the time someone will show as away (going to the bathroom or at a meeting) a lot of the time, I won't even know they were away until they have gotten back.

This brings up another issue. The…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow change on status

Like in Skype, you can put your status to always available when you are connected, even if you have a calendar appointment or anything else

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Turn around time of the conversations. Is it possible to pull the report for a group?

I work on Teams alot and i would like to know the Turn around time of the conversations. Is it possible to pull the report for a group of people so as to view the response time and names of the people who post conversations?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Teammanager-View on Calendars of Teammembers

We would need an overview of a list of team members in the form of a spreadsheet display where I can see the availability of team member on a daily, weeky or monthly basis. It would be perfect if we could set the minimum absence length of a meeting or so that would be displayed in the overview. For example: show only meeting / absences longer than 2 hours. Adding users could be based on groups and / or add / remove individual users. Display-color of the absence could be selected on the type of absence in the users calendar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. group chat name and member status

Show chat group name as well as group members and their status.
    At the moment it is an either/or situation, ie:
    - give the group chat a name and you can't see user status/presence
    - provide no group chat name and the chat "group" appears as User A + x (number of users in the group)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Tags = first name, last name

Simply, when you tag people, it should be first name then last name. You call people by their first name right? Hey “Bill” can you help me out? Not - hey Gates, Bill can you help me out?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Powershell support for call reporting.

After speaking to support I was surprised this wasn't already a feature for the Skype/Teams reporting built-in to the portal itself.

We currently have to browse to the portal and generate the same report day in and day out, clicking the same buttons, then formatting the same spreadsheet and finally cutting out the unnecessary data for customers.

As you well know if the data was available through powershell via the CSonline command set then we could just pipe the data straight into a CSV and provide it straight to the customer, it would literally save a days work over a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I want to know how many have viewed my announcements or assignments.

On the page where Assignments and Announcements are viewed, include the number of people "assigned to" has viewed it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. For Technical Support

There is always a voice of busyness in Technical Support Number. Can you make it more easy for the people.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A "Headphones On" status

It has become common-place that developers are wearing headphones while working. Often they are still available for questions, as the "available" status suggests, but will not hear when collegues call out.
    My suggestion is that there should be either
    - an added headphone icon to the "available" status
    - an individual status similar to "available"
    Initially it could be something the user add themselves, but could long term be a solution where Microsoft Teams consider whether your headset is currently active

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. After a user adds a profile pic, it doesn't always appear next to their name in chat and in channels.

It appears to work if they immediately added their photo before participating in communication. Maybe the system is caching their initials (the no-photo icon) and not refreshing for an updated photo?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. status on the taskbar is confusing

When a chat is open I can see the name of person on the task bar combined with my status of presence. It's confusing, coz I thought it's this person's status.
    And please add labels with number of new messages on the taskbar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Need the ability to remove people from team chats.

Team chats fill up with notifications when someone is Out of the Office, it is annoying. Having the ability to kick people out of a chat would be a nice feature to have.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Better people visibility on teams

1. When you add participants to an event, even inactive users show up. That should be fixed.

2. Would be great to have a people section to easily scroll through all people, even better to filter by availability.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 是否能新增一個請假並顯示代理人的功能?

是否能新增一個請假(有請假期間更好)並顯示代理人的功能?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Contact information states that user is not licesnsed for this feature.

When licensed for E3, hovering over a contact's name, then phone receiver displays a message that the user is not licensed for this feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Wrong presence info on iOS app

Desktop app showing people are away (correct), but iOS app showing them incorrectly as available.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Status Updates on Poeples Avatar area slow or not working

When changing the Status from available to busy or away, the other Chat Partner can see this 3 Minutes after the Change or you can force if you jump a bit between your own contacts. Sometimes this helps.

Then the next issue is if this Status has been changed it will just Change in the favorite sidebar on the left side. When you hover over this it will give you the vcard which Shows still available (green) for example. Also on the Right side on the top the same behaviour. The Status doesn't Change. It stays with Available (green).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Can you show me how I can create a work group?, I need my staff can reach me when I am in do not disturb mode!

Can you show me how I can create a work group?, I need my staff can reach me when I am in do not disturb mode!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.