Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Implement a feature for Teams presence to work with Exchange Online Calendar

We would like to have a feature for Teams presence to work with Exchange Online Calendar likewise the presence capability of Skype for Business.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. group chat name and member status

Show chat group name as well as group members and their status.
    At the moment it is an either/or situation, ie:
    - give the group chat a name and you can't see user status/presence
    - provide no group chat name and the chat "group" appears as User A + x (number of users in the group)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Enable the 'PublishLastActive' Parameter so that LastActive Property can be disabled.

This was available in Skype for Business:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2684128/how-to-remove-the-lastactive-attribute-from-the-aggregation-state-cate

• Last Active presence information may be incorrectly interpreted as reflecting the actual user's status at work. Therefore, users may rely on it to remotely monitor an employee's activity. However, this behavior is not enabled in some countries.

• Last Active presence information that's provided to users should not disclose how long a user is away or offline for business reasons.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. A "Headphones On" status

It has become common-place that developers are wearing headphones while working. Often they are still available for questions, as the "available" status suggests, but will not hear when collegues call out.
    My suggestion is that there should be either
    - an added headphone icon to the "available" status
    - an individual status similar to "available"
    Initially it could be something the user add themselves, but could long term be a solution where Microsoft Teams consider whether your headset is currently active

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to delete or remove "suggested" Teams members.

I don't want to see "suggested" contacts every time I log in to teams, I want to turn off or have the ability to forever HIDE that feature.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Chat complications

Skype is better. When I click on chat, all the contacts get extended. It makes it difficult to find the right person. Every time I need to Chat, I need to close every groups.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Custom Active Directory fields in profile

Make it possible to change or create a template for what fields show in the profile. Example, show mobilephone or NOT. Show office, department, job title, Initials... or not.

I'm missing initials at the moment

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Guest members should have the ability to lookup and chat with other teams member of the same organization

Guest members should have the ability to lookup and chat with other teams member with the same organization

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bring contacts to right side of the app

Teams has all contacts on the left side. I would like to have my contacts on the right hand side. Would be great if this can by made adjustable. I always had my Skypewindow at the right and this would improve the adoption for users going with Teams.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Teams status issues

Changing status is very slow. Sometimes it takes 30 seconds or more for our statuses to change. Also many times other users statuses are a white circle even though I am actively chatting with them.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make Teams more fun and less horribly corporate and evil

In corporate settings, still allow me to be choose a friendly display name (but keep all the corporate **** attached to my profile). Or at least allow me to truncate my name to First and Last Initial, e.g., Bill J. or Sarah B.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add Members from Address Book

There is a similar feature in Yammer, where I can add members from an existing Address Book in a CVS format. Let us do that in Teams too!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mention people of the company but not included to the team

Sometimes we need to ask something to a person who is not member of the team. It could be vey helpful if we can mention a person on a conversation, that person could read and answer the message but not see anything else.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. automated away replies

Add the ability to state that you’re away on teams...ideally by integrating with the outlook feature or on its own

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Log out and all Teams does is log in again ... WTF???

So, I figure out a way to "log out" and all Teams wants to do is present a login dialog! WTF? When I leave, I want to leave! Is this some setting/behavior that employers want? Who knows? Back when we used Skype for Business, when I logged out - that was it. But Teams seems eerily 'sticky' and to keep me 'connected' in spite of MY preferences and my personal time. While you are at it - when I am 'Away' you should suppress messages and report to the originator that I am in fact 'Away'. But I guess none…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Connect desktop app status indicator to activity on desktop not just teams.

On the desktop app the status indicator changes to inactive, even if it is open and just minimized, until I maximize Teams app and click in it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Extend time out

extending time is a valuable feature. I sometimes work on 2 computers and they both need to know I am present.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow contacts panel to be detached.

It is a very useful feature of Skype that the list of contacts and their status be a separate narrow panel that doesn't use a lot of screen space. It didn't need to be minimized along with the chat panels like Teams appears to require.
    Could the Contacts panel in Teams be made to be detachable?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Custom Status Message API

One can currently set a custom status message for when someone sends you a chat or mentions you in a channel. Please provide an administrative control to disable this by policy. And/or allow for the custom status message to be cleared/set by PowerShell or Graph API.

Use case: In the EDU sector students can (and do) abuse this with inappropriate status messages. Currently, the only control is an Acceptable Use Policy, and to clear it requires taking control of the account and manually clearing it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base