Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Presence "Off work" in Teams for mobile.

There is presence options "Off work" in Teams for mobile, but is should be the same as the Teams for Desktop.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Set status to busy or invisible upon sign-in or sign-out completely

We should always be able to set our status to busy or invisible. Sign in as invisible or sign in as always busy or DND instead of automatically signing in & being set as available. Should be able to sign out of Teams without it automatically sign out of Office 365 entirely.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Be Right Back turns off automatically when it detects mouse or keyboard activity.

In Skype for Business, there is a useful feature where your status will go back to available from 'Be Right Back', when the mouse or keyboard is used again. This would be useful in Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Real time Location tracking

Many Teams have team members out on site or in various locations. It would be great to be able to get real time live location data allowing say an admin or head office or Team coordinator to direct the best resources to the right place and help colleagues help each other. Similar layout as say Life 360 and would be great if you could share directions with team members or a team leader can share a Route for the day or the week making real team integration.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Restriction on participants in a chat group !!

Hello Team, Recently we moved from CISCO Jabber to MS Teams and 1 restriction we found here is that in a chat group, the maximum number of participants is restricted to 50. For any organization (atleast here), we have more than 50 people who are needed to be in a chat group and not channels, as that is separate option. I would suggest to increase that number to a significant number as this is used at enterprise level where we can have more than 50 people working and required in the chat group.

Also, if a chat is needed to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When searching for users that are not Teams/SFB users, is there a way to determine whether the user is activated for Teams or not

Issue Definition:
    When searching for users that are not Teams/SFB users, is there a way to determine whether the user is activated for Teams or not? Current status shows date 1/1/1 in Teams desktop client and Null in the Teams web client. These users have synced O365 accounts for other O365 products but are not enabled or have licenses for Teams.

Main Ask: Would like to see an indicator that shows whether the user is a Teams user or not. This will help educate user base so they can identify which users can be interacted with.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. It’s not as good as Skype and not at all user friendly

Not user friendly.. searching for new contact and their status is such a pain

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Visibility of Presence from External Contacts

Microsoft has opted the whole organization to use Microsoft Teams. The migration of contacts was great but presence are not visible for people outside the organization. It has been working with Skype, it would be better if Microsoft Teams works the same too.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Tags = first name, last name

Simply, when you tag people, it should be first name then last name. You call people by their first name right? Hey “Bill” can you help me out? Not - hey Gates, Bill can you help me out?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. reputation

I would like to be able to enable in a specific channel a reputation system.
    When a person anwer a question, others should be able to:
    - Upvote the answer
    - Mark the answer as accepted (this should be shown at the top)
    - Downvote an anser

All of this actions should build up a scoring system and the users more active shoul be rewarded with badges or other visual indicators. This will help people to get engaged and help colleagues.

This is only part of what I would really like to have in teams, a system like stack overflow,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be helpful for admins to see which users are following a channel. When tagging the whole channel, it just shows the total.

I'll get a warning about the total number of followers I am about to notify, but there is not way to see who those followers are. As an admin, I want to know which users are following my team's channels.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Options in the Teams Chat we can edit.

Under Teams Chat I have a bunch of Contacts groups, but they are listed in alphabetical order I would like to be able to rearrange them.

Also all groups open in expanded vs collapsed view is there a way to default this to collapsed view?

Similar to the way you can in Skype.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Possibility to set "brb" status automatically when session is locked

Let the possibility in Desktop Application to be able to set "brb" status automatically when session is locked

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. status on the taskbar is confusing

When a chat is open I can see the name of person on the task bar combined with my status of presence. It's confusing, coz I thought it's this person's status.
    And please add labels with number of new messages on the taskbar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bigger Team Size **SuperUser**

Right now the platform limits how many users in one team. Can we make the Team sizes larger than 100 please?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Mention Organizational Users Regardless of Team

I would like to be able to have a user see (tag) an occasional post within a public team that they are not a member of, or at least be able to export a post to share in another team/channel.

It doesn't make sense for every person in our organization to be a part of every team or department, receiving constant notifications and seeing all of their channels, but there seems to be no other way to work cross departmentally on occasional issues. We do not do one off project work so creating a team for every "task" or plan…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. will it be possible to remove userIDS on the search from the Chat funtionality. Our company keeps UserIDs private to each user

will it be possible to remove user IDs on the search results from the Chat functionality.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Org chart inverted

Display the Org Chart View from the bottom up. ie inverted. This would match organizations that have adopted this model of representing the company structure

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)