Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Assign Nick Names

I would like to be able to assign nick names for team members. Example, i have several people with the same name on my team so it would be nice if i could change one to 'Boss man' and one to 'Java Guru' and so on.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Visibility of Presence from External Contacts

Microsoft has opted the whole organization to use Microsoft Teams. The migration of contacts was great but presence are not visible for people outside the organization. It has been working with Skype, it would be better if Microsoft Teams works the same too.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. personalize status

Following the example of Slack, it would be great to be able to personalize your status, using emoticons, text, automatic clearing,...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. reputation

I would like to be able to enable in a specific channel a reputation system.
    When a person anwer a question, others should be able to:
    - Upvote the answer
    - Mark the answer as accepted (this should be shown at the top)
    - Downvote an anser

All of this actions should build up a scoring system and the users more active shoul be rewarded with badges or other visual indicators. This will help people to get engaged and help colleagues.

This is only part of what I would really like to have in teams, a system like stack overflow,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. how long a person has been away

Include how long a person has been away like skype for business had.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be helpful for admins to see which users are following a channel. When tagging the whole channel, it just shows the total.

I'll get a warning about the total number of followers I am about to notify, but there is not way to see who those followers are. As an admin, I want to know which users are following my team's channels.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Options in the Teams Chat we can edit.

Under Teams Chat I have a bunch of Contacts groups, but they are listed in alphabetical order I would like to be able to rearrange them.

Also all groups open in expanded vs collapsed view is there a way to default this to collapsed view?

Similar to the way you can in Skype.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Possibility to set "brb" status automatically when session is locked

Let the possibility in Desktop Application to be able to set "brb" status automatically when session is locked

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bigger Team Size **SuperUser**

Right now the platform limits how many users in one team. Can we make the Team sizes larger than 100 please?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Another member status (away/offline) should be reflect within a minute after his/her system gets shutdown.

Another member status (away/offline) should be reflect within a minute after his/her system gets shutdown like skype business app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Mention Organizational Users Regardless of Team

I would like to be able to have a user see (tag) an occasional post within a public team that they are not a member of, or at least be able to export a post to share in another team/channel.

It doesn't make sense for every person in our organization to be a part of every team or department, receiving constant notifications and seeing all of their channels, but there seems to be no other way to work cross departmentally on occasional issues. We do not do one off project work so creating a team for every "task" or plan…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. will it be possible to remove userIDS on the search from the Chat funtionality. Our company keeps UserIDs private to each user

will it be possible to remove user IDs on the search results from the Chat functionality.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Org chart inverted

Display the Org Chart View from the bottom up. ie inverted. This would match organizations that have adopted this model of representing the company structure

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Advanced Check In - Check Out with Inclusive Org Chart Support

The Org Chart feature populated by AD is AWESOME!!! Having it well integrated with a check in/out feature would make the Teams mobile app so efficient for SMBs like ours. Our President has been asking for a custom "company directory/check in check out" mobile app that we would develop internally for years. Since Teams is all about collaboration across the organization, I am also picturing the integration of the online presence baked in this. If Out of the Office Assistant is also right there with it, that would be cherry on top!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. How do I "invite" an SME to any specific thread without having to add as a member or guest to the whole group?

I would like to invite an SME to a specific thread to collaboratively solve a problem. I wouldn't want to add the SME to the group. As a colleague, I would like to invite the SME to provide his/her input to the thread, gain context and provide a reply to it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Teams gives us suggestions for new team members. But I would like to remove a or all suggestions when I don't want to invite them.

Instead of keeping suggested team members floating in the column I should be able to ignore or delete them. Now we are only able to favorite or pin them. I would like them to remove altogether. It would be even better to be able to disable Suggestions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make permissions more secure

Make permissions more secure. Someone was able to join a private team I created. Another team owner complained about this as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make an easy to see group dashboard like on Skype and other apps

On Skype and other apps you can set up groups and easily click on the group to see who is available. You don't have to manually search each individual person. Teams is not user friendly and on the PC takes up way too much space.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. name

Allow me to customize my name, overwriting AD format.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 9 11 13 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.