Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. display profile image

If you have a number of contacts that you engage with during the day, it would be helpful to have a setting where the profile image does not display next to the name. This saves the need to scroll quite as much. I know you can search for the too but..

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Filter OCS users from appearing in the Teams Peoplepicker

When you have a mixed environment rollout where some users need to remain using OCS we need to be able to filter them out from Teams in the people picker.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Right now, the status has no value as people do not change it often. It's frustrating because it doesn't provide real information!

It also gives you a negative impression of those who are always away or busy, even if subconsciously. I think you have the potential to make something so significantly better with this small change! Perhaps a timer for away status based on movement/keystrokes, or synced to calendar appointments.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make Teams more fun and less horribly corporate and evil

In corporate settings, still allow me to be choose a friendly display name (but keep all the corporate **** attached to my profile). Or at least allow me to truncate my name to First and Last Initial, e.g., Bill J. or Sarah B.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Members from Address Book

There is a similar feature in Yammer, where I can add members from an existing Address Book in a CVS format. Let us do that in Teams too!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Customize Availablity

I would like the ability to change my availability to a custom message. We have people who are working but in a different location or offsite. This ability would allow people to better recognize "how" available someone is.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Mention people of the company but not included to the team

Sometimes we need to ask something to a person who is not member of the team. It could be vey helpful if we can mention a person on a conversation, that person could read and answer the message but not see anything else.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Connect desktop app status indicator to activity on desktop not just teams.

On the desktop app the status indicator changes to inactive, even if it is open and just minimized, until I maximize Teams app and click in it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. This Site - Post dates on MS Responses

Post dates of MS responses on search. When I filter topics I would like to see when the last entry was without going into the topic. When MS says "Working on It" I would like to see how long they've been working on it without having to open the each topic.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I can't find my account info

user should be able to see his own account info

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. In Call (Mobile) Presence When In Cellular Call

I am not sure if this is possible, but it would be wonderful for presence within MS Teams to reflect availability or presence based on whether or not a user is active on their phone -- and in particular if the user is in a cellular call.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Show person status "like in a meeting" and "in a call" with out hover over contact.

I would be nice to have an indication on the contact list next to the name "in a call" or "in a meeting". Right now the only way to find out is to hover over the name in the chat. Because of that a lot of colleagues trying to call person already on the call. Not very ergonomic design of the interface.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Status description of contact in header

Additional field or line under name of contact of specific status. Normally we based status on the colored dot on lower right of photo, but it would be a lot helpful if you could also include "In a call" or "In a meeting" below the name of contact for better communication. Thanks. Appreciate if you could consider this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Presence based routing not available

Hi All,

I have had this discussion with Microsoft Support and they have confirmed that this is currently not available. At the moment we have a call queue that is set to Attendant Routing so it calls everyone in the group when a call comes in to the office. Currently this means whenever the phone rings, each persons Desktop Phone (Polycom VX410/411), Desktop PC and Mobile phone rings.

We were recently swapped across to Teams in the backend and took the opportunity to move away from Slack and bring everything into the one tool. That part of it is great,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. problem with teams status

hello there, i have a question in regards to MS teams, why is my status always in red / busy? even though there are no meetings going on in my calendar, Is there an option to edit settings so that i am in control of the status?

i would like a feature for being in control, like skype for business had.

for example

• sync my status with outlook CHECK OR NOT

• set away status after XX minutes CHECK OR NOT

shouldn't be that hard no?

thanks,
    Gabrio

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make Teams honor EnableAwaySinceIndication setting from CSUserServicesPolicy

In Skype for Business, setting Set-CsUserServicesPolicy -EnableAwaySinceIndication:$false removed "Away/offline since" timer visible for other users.
    In EU (Germany specifically) this timer is seen as privacy-intrusive, and this needs to be configurable in Teams as well.
    Currently Teams explicitly don't allow to remove this (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/presence-admins#admin-settings-in-teams-compared-to-skype-for-business)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. ステータスについて

ステータスを一覧で見れると、その人の在席状況が確認できて、助かると思います

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Quick Access to another person's calendar

Would be great if there were a way in teams to quickly view another person's calendar. Initial goal is to understand the person's next available time. It should initially present a the person's Calendar "Day View" as is the case for one's own calendar.
    I'm sure there would be other use cases for this as well.
    The attached screen print shows a mockup of the Contact Card form and how the access point/button could be located/placed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Quickly setting status without bringing the app into focus

It would be nice to be able to quickly set your status by right clicking on the icon in the taskbar without bringing the application into focus

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. disable offline messages

Would be nice to be able to disable the ability for people to message/IM you if you're offline! That's what email is for.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 9 11 13 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base