Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add an option not to change status based on calendar information

Teams automatically changes your presence to "In a meeting" any time there is something on your calendar. When it sets this it also overrides any presence setting made in Skype for business and it will not allow you to change the presence in Skype until you have set the presence in Teams manually to Available. In Skype for Business this was an option that we did not use for most of our employees as many of them have items on their calendar that have nothing to do with if they are actually available on their device to receive messages. There…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. See team members and status on channel conversation page

Similar to other chat apps (e.g. HipChat) show the members of a team on each channel message page on a sidebar (right side?)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The ability to set availability per team differently from global

Sure would be groovy to have a global availability option and then something more granular for individual teams. For example, appear busy to the masses, but for Team XYZ (my immediate crew) appear available.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. As a user I would like to have a way to visually indicate that I have something to add to the conversation.

One of the difficult things about teleconferencing is that everyone is trying to jump in on each-other every-time the person talking takes a breath. This is because there is no visual ques that indicate that a person has something to contribute.

I think it would be a small but significant improvement to have a "raise your hand" like option where I can click on my own avatar and it will highlight my square in a color (like green) indicating to the current person talking that I have a followup question or idea

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Have status on teams the same as SFB, including offline time

When on SFB you can see how long someone is offline for, this service on teams would be brilliant as you could see at a glance if someone is actively using teams.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Company directory information should be available from within teams.

It would be nice to see information on other employees from the contact card in teams. For example, mailing address, phone numbers, etc. Sometimes I need to send something to someone or find their mobile number and I need to leave teams where I do my other communication to get that info.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Person Daily Schedule/Work hours on Hover Card

A very useful feature for people would be the ability to hover over a person and see their schedule/work hours for the day. A lot of times, we want to chat with someone and status isn't enough. We would like to see if they are in the office, meeting or have one or more meetings coming up. Saves a ton of time.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Availability Schedule

It would be great to setup our availability in teams (like they have in slack). Like we could setup our working hours so we don't receive notification outiste working hours. Right now if I do not want to receive notifications (on my phone) I need to manually set me in away.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. We would like the chat list to change by availability.

We would like to see the chat order change as users become available. The most recent conversation with an available person should be at the top of the list. Unavailable users should be at bottom.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. create a Focus prescence that can be time boxed and a 'while you were away' summary pop-up

We would like to be able to set our presence to Focus (to allow time to focus on an issue or task) where we would not be disturbed.

Once the time expires, we would like the presence to resume where we were.

And we would like to have a summary pop-up that shows what happened while we were away so every post does not have to be read.

Additionally we would like to have a summary pop-up that tells what happened while the presence is offline, so when geting back online in the morning, there would be a summary to…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Presence display when joining an external tenant’s Teams as a guest

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    外部テナントの Microsoft Teams にゲストとして参加した際のプレゼンス表示について
    Presence display when joining an external tenant’s Teams as a guest

■Description(内容):
    外部テナントの Microsoft Teams にゲストとして参加した際、プレゼンス表示をユーザーが任意で都度変更するのではなく、プレゼンスが自動的に "状態不明" といったプレゼンスに切り替わる機能の実装を要望します。

When joining an external tenant’s Teams as a guest, please make it such that users are unable to set their own presence, and are automatically set as “Status unknown”.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. More obvious status

It would be great to be able to see the current status more obviously instead of having to put our cursor over the red icon to see if the person is busy or in a meeting or in a call.

It would be cool to have it listed under their name or next to their name in the chat windows.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Users Presence Activity Log

With a lot of users working from home there is a need for an audit log to know when the users change the status of their availability, away, busy, etc...

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/users-presence-activity-log/m-p/1286078

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Show "urgent interruptions only" to Priority Access colleagues instead of DND status

Skype for business showed "urgent interruptions only" to people added to my workgroup but DND to everyone else, Teams needs to the do the same for Priority Access people

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Animated hair styles (filter)

As many are dealing with huge challenges presented by COVID-19, this probably ranks low on the list. However, without access to a qualified hair stylist and left with a choice between a bad self-inflicted haircut or out-of-control shagginess, it would be nice if Teams offered a virtual hair style (aka filter) to pick from

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Be able to see status without hoovering

It is very difficult to see someone's real status.

You need to hoover above the profile picture to see if the red dot is busy - in a call - in a meeting etc...

Please make an option to be able to see the status like in skype. It will always show the real status - a red dot can mean multiple things. It's way more rude to write a message during 'in a call' than 'busy'.

Also for the status away it is very annoying that you need to hoover to see for how long the person is away.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Skype for Business recorded who attended. Teams does not seem to do so reliably.

Skype for Business recorded who attended. Teams does not seem to do so reliably. e.g. in a recent meeting, the chat shows some people who joined and left but not all. Note that in recurring meetings attendance should be recorded for all occurrences.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Teams user availability status does not show up in outlook.

Skype was linked with Outlook to show Skype user status of everyone in an email. With Skype not signed in,outlook does not shows user status from MS Teams. One has to go manually in MS Teams and search for the persons in email to know their availability status. This feature of skype should be helpful to have in teams also.
    I have attached 2 screenshots - 1. Showing User availability when Skype was signed in and 2. Showing User availability blanked out when Skype was logged out but Teams was signed in.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Teams should have a report to show the user activity such the periods he was active, inactive, away etc.

With the above report companies will be able to track the users activity on his desktop, see the periods the employee is active / inactive on his desktop

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. problem with teams status

hello there, i have a question in regards to MS teams, why is my status always in red / busy? even though there are no meetings going on in my calendar, Is there an option to edit settings so that i am in control of the status?

i would like a feature for being in control, like skype for business had.

for example

• sync my status with outlook CHECK OR NOT

• set away status after XX minutes CHECK OR NOT

shouldn't be that hard no?

thanks,
    Gabrio

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)