Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Showing Status with a text

Status of a person should be shown with a text like In a meeting, busy like that.Right now we have to hover over the icon to know this because its difficulat to differentiate between busy and in a meeting status. Other status are easy to identify. Or we can give unique colors to all the status.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Laat de gebruiker zelf kiezen na hoeveel tijd hij/zij als afwezig weergegeven wordt.

Ik word vrij snel als afwezig weergegeven wanneer ik even niet aan de computer actief ben. Ik ben op dat moment wel nog beschikbaar, maar werk bijvoorbeeld aan documenten, maak tussendoor een praatje met een collega,... Ik zou graag zelf kiezen om langer beschikbaar te staan zodat mijn collega’s zien dat ze mij wel kunnen opbellen...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Change the name of MS Teams to almost anything else

I don't know if you guys were on drugs when you named this app but i can't describe the frustration when i'm having a discussion with colleagues about their teams but not their MS teams and then creating other teams but is this real life or their actual physical team etc. this is daily. Just idiotic. just causes unnecessary confusion

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Currently not implemented presence states

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    現時点で実装されていないプレゼンスについて
    Currently not implemented presence states

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams にて公開情報には記載されておりますが、現時点で実装されていないプレゼンスがあり、いつ頃実装されるのか不明のため、実装時期の目安を記載してほしい。

There are presence states listed in publicly available information which are not currently implemented, and since it is unknown when they will become available, we would like you to make that information available.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Using the Teams phone app and the Windows installed app

I would like to leave Teams running on my work PC all the time. I am fine with the way it handles status automatically: when I'm typing/mousing, it says I'm available. And when I lock my computer, it switches to Away.

That's all good.

But I would also like to have the Teams app on my phone. I'd like having/using that app to never make me available. In other words, if I decide to open it on my phone at 11 PM to check messages, I'd like to continue appearing Away. But when I come back to my work laptop…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Show presence when adding people to an existing call

When adding additional users to an existing call, it would be extremely useful to see their presence status. Right now I have to go to "Chat" and search for the person to see their status before calling them. It would be very helpful to be able to see someone is away or busy right from the add participants interface.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Manage status time of activity manually

It is important for extended time zones roles .show be in the mobile and desktop

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Disable pop-up notifications in Do Not Disturb mode

I would like to disable pop-up notifications while I set Do Not Disturb mode, so that I can focus better without distraction from other users, exactly as it used to be with S4B.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow us to set our status to stay the same for an allotted time, instead of automatically synching to our calendars

Many times when I am working but nothing is scheduled on my calendar it will automatically set my teams status to "out of office" or "offline" which makes me looks like I am not working, even though it is that I don't have appointments on my MS calendar. This is a bad look for Corporate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Better marketing and name recognition

Our university is using Teams more and more, but it still remains awkward to invite or request communication via the app. "Chat" is too generic, as are "Calls." For example, if I am requesting a meeting with someone, I can offer Zoom (which is recognizable and obvious as to what I'm asking) or <awkwardly fumbles for easy description> 'Microsoft Teams video call.' It's way too much and doesn't flow. I request you rename the features to something more catchy and exclusive, or start advertising a way to phrase it that will become common knowledge (maybe TeamsChat or something better). Also,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Having the app in background or on another monitor doesn't mean I am away

If I have the teams app in the background or on another monitor does not mean I am away. Even if i don't move the mouse for some time does not usually mean I am away. Maybe I do other things, but still sitting at my desk and working.
    The status should only change to "away" if i lock my computer, because then I am really "away". Maybe there should be a way to configure the time after when the status changes and one of these options should be "only when locking the computer".

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Status based on Skype Status

If we are sharing something on Skype and the Skype status shows up as busy, the Teams status should also show up as busy automatically. Can this be done?

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Automatic callback / call back on busy

Hello,

often i want to make a call and the partner is in an not free status. In this case it would be nice to aktivate a function that i get an message when the user status of this partner change to free.

Greetings

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. wallpaper / background

Allow user to download a background wallpaper, like in Zoom

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Automate Availability status; Available post login, Away after signout, Be right back after 30 mins of inactivity

Automate Availability status; Available post login, Away after signout, Be right back after 30 mins of inactivity.

My organisation is not staffed by full-time 9-5 employees. We are volunteers and have varying work cycles.

Like others, I forget to update my status. Surely, a login means you are available? And Sign-out means you aren't and "away." Inactivity for 30 mins means your are temporarily away? These can be automated and not manual updates?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. STUPID *** APP

Make Microsft Teams better by FUCKING DELETING IT. TEACHERS ARE SITTING ON OUR SHOULDERS AND MAKING US DO WORK.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Status Available

Would like ability to set my status to stay at "Available" without it automatically changing to "Away" when I've been inactive for 5 minutes.

716 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Additional Settings for the Status Option

Currently the only setting available for Status is the ability to change whether you'd like individuals to see your comment or for you to see theirs. Would love an additional setting where I could determine when the status switches from Active to Away and set a time limit. For example, change status to Away when user has been idle for XX minutes. Currently, if I'm working in another program my status will switch to Away even if I'm still at my computer working. This gives the impression to my boss that I'm not actively working. Another option would be to…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. status option

There should be an option for the status as "offline" or "show offline" so that people don't keep bothering you when you're done for the day.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base