Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Set presence via api

Unfortunately https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/39651298-microsoft-graph-presence-api was closed despite 1618 votes mostly requesting the ability to SET the presence via api. Can that one be reopened as not fixed (to keep all the previous comments and votes) and to have a supported api function that allows the setting of Teams Presence. It is technically possible to do it already via a completely undocumented api although a token needs to be obtained to authorise the api.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Customizing presence in Teams

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のプレゼンスのカスタマイズについて
    Customizing presence in Teams

■Description(内容):
    現在、Microsoft Teams のプレゼンス情報は、カスタマイズできず既定のプレゼンスのみ選択できるが、ユーザーごとにカスタマイズしたプレゼンス情報を入力し、使用できる機能の拡充を要望いたします。

Currently, there is no way to customize presence information in Teams, and you can only select from default presence states. Please make it possible to input and use customized presence information.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. New Status "Out for Lunch"

Requesting to bring a new status as "Out for Lunch".
    Since the start of COVID-19 we have all been working from home. While going away for Lunch time, marking status as "Away" seems unsuitable when in working hours and "DND" seems to serious a statement.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Better control on status notifications

The number of people whose status you may follow using status notifications is limited. If you hit that limit, you have no simple way to find the people you may untag, as they are not listed anywhere.
    Even if you still know, there is only one place to do this change (in the chat) instead of having this feature anywhere connected to that person.
    So please: Let us have the possibility to list the people we are following and allow to toggle the notification from anywhere you ineract with people.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Time and Activity Time Tracking within Teams Chat Rooms

Is there any talk about adding an activity tracker with timer to Teams integration? Currently investigating the app Clockify, but there is no connector or other integration with Teams.

For my use case, I'd like users to be able to click a timer to start tracking time spent working on a specific task (client, ticket, administrative, training, etc.) with an option to add "project" and "tag" for granularity. I would also require reporting of some type, both summarized and detailed, by User, Project, Tag.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Availability status control by user (timeouts, outlook sync, presenting mode 'busy', etc)

Visible status to other users should be in control of the user.
    Setting myself as "available" only for this status to be changeg automatically to "away" after an indertermined timeout is bad.
    As a user, I should be able to decide if I want to appear as "away" or not after a certain timeout, and I should be able to configure this timeout duration.
    Syncing with outlook calendar should be optional, and private/public events should be taken into consideration.
    Receiving notifications or not while presenting / attending a meeting should be optional.
    All in all, more control over availability status,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Simple, Stop marking me away when i'm not.

I am not running teams on any other computers
    I have no meetings scheduled in outlook
    I have reset my status in teams
    I manually click Available status
    I manually click Reset status after 1 Week
    I alt-tab away from Teams, continually using the computer
    Within 5 minutes, Teams marks me as away
    When I move the mouse over the teams window, I become available again
    Presence notification telling users I am away whenever i'm using any software other than Microsoft Teams is a complete joke. The internet is rife with complaints about this, Different computer, same issue. Different account,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Set time dependent or calendar based status

Hi, functionality shall allow user to set-up repetitive pattern for status; example off for out of working time; every working day from 8-10 - do not disturb ... etc. secondary option can be to display availability based on calendar entries.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow users to set the "Off Work" start and stop time

It would be useful to be able to set an "Off work" period that is automatically set every working day. (e.g. from 06:00pm to 08:00am)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Introduce few interactive games

Hey MicrosoftTeams

Can you please look for a chances of adding few multiplayer games in the application, it helps in relaxing by having some fun activities in office times

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Show the current time of people who are living in different time zones when messaging them

Working with people around the world, it can help to see what time it is for them. Our team consists of people from at least 5 different time zones and it's hard to keep track who is able to react at certain times and who isn't. With more teams becoming international this could be a really useful feature (slack has already implemented this).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Programar estados de presencia en Microsoft Teams

Sería conveniente permitir la programación del estado de presencia de Microsoft Teams. Por ejemplo, que un usuario pueda programar manualmente y convertirlo de forma periódica (como cuando generamos una reunión en Outlook) el offline hours en Teams por motivos particulares y personales, en el caso de que esté fuera del horario laboral, y así no recibir ningún tipo de mensaje, llamada o notificación en un dispositivo móvil, en la aplicación de escritorio, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Info on status history like in Skype

It would be great to have not just a current status for a given contact but an indicator on how long they've been at that status. In Skype, you'd see e.g. "Away 10mins" etc. If they'd been away for a short time they may just gotten coffee and will be right back. If they've been away for hours they are probably gone for the day. I understand some users may find this intrusive so maybe let the user decide if their status history gets published or not.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Info on status history like in Skype

It would be great to have not just a current status for a given contact but an indicator on how long they've been at that status. In Skype, you'd see e.g. "Away 10mins" etc. If they'd been away for a short time they may just gotten coffee and will be right back. If they've been away for hours they are probably gone for the day. I understand some users may find this intrusive so maybe let the user decide if their status history gets published or not.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Functionality to demonstrate stepping out temporarily

Functionality to demonstrate stepping out temporarily , sometimesduring meeting you maywant to step out for quick 5 mins but you dont want to leave meeting neither you want people are calling yourname when you have stepped out . this may be very useful feature just showing an icon that shows on top of user icon that user has stepped out will be very functional/pragmatic.. thank you !

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. PC vs. Mobile presence

In case the participant is on his phone but not on the PC the presence will show Mobile - available. IN case the teams is used on PC the presence will say Available. All other presence states (away, busy, etc...) will be only valid for PC users.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. provide a timer, ready/back function

Provide a timer for breaks. The idea would be to display a timer on everyones screen counting down to zero. When timer is down to zero a ´"Ready" button would appear that participants would click to acknowledge they are back and ready to get going again.
    - Optionally you could use a zero timer to pop the button to use as a generic feedback "ready" button.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Have a different ICON display when on a call

Currently the red dot represents 2 functions. It means busy or on a call. We would like to have a separate icon for being on a call, for example a red phone icon. This will help users identify quickly if someone is on the phone.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Status says away when Teams is not active

When I am active in another window/program, my Teams will automatically set my status to 'Away'. It does not matter if I manually set my status to 'Available for 2 hours' or anything else. It will set me as 'Away' unless I tab to Teams and move my mouse around. I am often watching training videos or working in different online systems so this happens multiple times a day.

STATUS SHOULD BE LINKED TO ENTIRE COMPUTER ACTIVITY and not dependent on what you're doing in Teams. This is ridiculous.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Set status message at the same time you set away status

As a remote worker, I would like to be able to set my status message (like At Lunch") at the same time that I set myself to "away", so that I can notify my team that I am taking lunch without so many mouse clicks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base