Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I'm a teacher. I can't download my students attendance on app

App should be able to download student presence

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add an additional Status Indicator to show if you are Working From Home (WFH) or Onsite

Add an additional (optional) status indicator to let other colleagues know if you are currently onsite or if you are working from home.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Scheduled Status Change

It would be very useful to be able to set an ongoing Status change, such as a set daily lunch time

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to Modify You Name

The ability to modify your name. So many people rely on the name that is displayed and for many, like myself, my first name does not appear because I have a long last name. I am called the incorrect name not only by new colleagues but even by colleagues that do know my name because it has become a crutch to look at the display name.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. During a meeting, the ability to mark yourself temporarily away from your desk

Similar to a hand-raise, it would be nice to be able to mark yourself temporarily away from your desk during a meeting (for a bio break, to grab another cup of coffee, etc). Would be less intrusive than a chat message to the entire group.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Stop tracking my every waking moment! Give me a way permanently set my online status to any state so I can get lunch once in awhile!!

See title. Stop broadcasting my availability to the world so I can actually get some work done.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. specific status color for users when they are in calls

add a specific status color for users when they are in calls or conferences to distinguish between "busy" and "in a call" easily without having to pass over the name of the user to find out his/her exact status.
    It was simple in skype for business to find that out and it avoided people not calling you when you were in the middle of another call or conference.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Coloured ring to indicate presence

Coloured ring around the profile picture to indicate the location of the user. e.g. blue for "in the office" green for "at home".
    Nowadays, many people work from hybrid locations. It's a piece of important information to know whether someone is in the office, without having to ping the other person about their whereabouts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Block all desktop notifications when on "Do not disturb" mode

On Teams it is not the case and I think it should be, so we can use the DND mode to focus on deep work and avoid being disturbed by messages. There is also a functionality in Windows to filter notifications but it does not tell your colleagues that you're not seeing their messages, so I think it should be handled in the Teams status.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. See the status of the contact in letter not just the colour

With Skype, we see under the circle of the status, the status in letter, exemple, when the contact is in green, he is available, when he is in red, there are multiple status, in communication, in presentation, don't distrub, ….
    But in teams, we just see the circle with the colour, not the corresponding status and it's not relevant because people just look at the color, not the real status. Can you put the status in letter Under the color ?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Minimise participant gallery

Especially on mobile allow minimisation of participant gallery. I’m often in calls with over 30 participants (mostly people who I know), the majority of whom have their camera turned off. I don’t want to see their participant placeholder image. It takes up space on the screen. This goes together with the suggested solution to select which participant or participants (for a panel event) you would like to pin or spotlight.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. لو عند رفع اليد يخرج زر بالاسفل عند ضغطه ينقز اليد ويهزها دليل ععلى المشاركة

عند رفع اليد يخرج زر بالاسفل عند ضغطه يهز اليد وينقزها

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Flag for status change like skype.

I'd like to be able to flag a person just like Skype.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add the Contacts view from S4B to readily view contacts availability/status

crate a tab or view where I can organize my team within Teams to quickly view availability/status

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. please allow user to off last message display under the name

sometimes we have to open teams to during screen sharing to send messages on the meeting groups.
    And everybody can see the last communicated message under each chat.

Thinking if you can allow user to set displaying of the message OFF unless we open the person's chat.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Publish whether user is working from home or the office (like Skype LIS)

To facilitate hybrid in-person and remote collaboration, Teams should publish in the user contact card which corporate network location a user is signing in from, or whether they are working from home. Teams already knows the user location based on organizations already entering subnet and site information for other features (such as Call Quality Dashboard and Location Based Routing).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Teams Users Status Who they are speaking with Live

When someone hovers over a person "in a call", you can see the phone number they are speaking with. If it's a team meeting, show a list of participants. If there is a large amount in meeting, show only the first few and then use the " ... " option to indicate there are more than the display is capable of showing. Most important is the ability to see who people are speaking with in Teams Voice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make participants' camera videos un-dockable, or dockable to other parts of the screen. (Excellent reason in description)

People have their web cameras located in different locations around their computer monitor, but most commonly in the top center. If you want your video to appear like you are looking at the camera, while you are talking to someone ------ then the video of the person you are talking to should be near your camera. This creates the best "eye-to-eye" interchange. THEREFORE, if you would make the video feed of the people talking un-dockable or at least able to select where on screen (Top, Bottom, left, right) ---- then when you are looking at people and talking, your eyes…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I need user controlled availability - not automated.

User controlled manual availability is a must. Not automated like it is today.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Be able to automatically set a status like "appear offline" when out-of-office or outside working hours defined in outlook.

In order to help users manage work life balance, in addition to setting a duration for "appearing offline", it would be helpful to be able to set it to set a status like "appear offline" when their calendar has an out-of-office block, or when the time of day is outside working hours defined in Outlook.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base