Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Users should have control of their presence in Teams.

Teams automatically changes the status of Teams presence which is not always wanted or needed. It shows me Away when I am actually on another screen working on something. This can cause a question for management as to whether I am working or not. The user should be able to set their presence independent of everything else - including the Outlook Calendar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it easier to deactivate presence notifications on a person.

When a presence notification is no more useful for a person it's really not easy to retrieve and deactivate it. And after some days, you are block by the 15 notifications limit and it's a pain to retrieve and deactivate useless ones.

On Teams desktop, deactivation should be available directly on the notification popup.

Typical use case:
    - set a presence notification on a person
    - few, many hours later, you are able to contact the person. The notification is then no more useful.
    - generaly, I forgot to deactivate the notification immediately after the call. Am I alone ? …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Teams status options

It's really bothering me that the status is becoming very inconvenient. I think it was working fine before, maybe Teams is updated recently. Now, when I'm not actively in Teams for a while but using other applications on my laptop, Teams will show my status as away or even offline for many times. The status option needs to customize options.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Override System Status Setting: Remove Automatic Idle Mode

Now that I work from home the majority of my time I'm available but if I step away for a bit to attend some other things it goes to Idle mode to quickly. I like to be available all day unless I have a meeting of course then it can change to busy in a meeting. Otherwise, why does it change to Away when I'm still available? I like how Skype for Business has the option to set your presence regardless of what the system settings are and we can adjust the time to change our presence if we want.…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Presence Time Stamp

As Skype for Business had, it would be great to have a Time Stamp when a person's status is offline or set to 'Away'. For example, Skype for business used to show the number of hours or days, however, Teams just says 'Yesterday', or 'Offline'.

This would allow better monitoring of staff working hours as if they are working late. Currently you are unable to work out what time they were working until as teams presence just shows 'Yesterday'.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Presence Status Check as like on Skype (Available, Busy or Away)

As like Skype, can we have those small round dots which indicates whether the person is available, busy or away. It really helps alot.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. "Away from keyboard" status

During a long meeting, sometimes you have to be away for some minutes. It would be nice to have a status like "away for keyboard" or "will be back soon" to show that you had to be absent for a short time. Similar to the "hand raised" function.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow users to manually override availability and to set time outs manually.

Stop teams showing I am inactive when I am not. I work in two computers. The one with teams on shows I am inactive after 5 mins, which I am not. There needs to be a manual override of this feature or allow users to manually set the inactive time out.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. We need to be able to have a list of groups or persons (favoutites) with their status/presense

We need to be able to have a list of groups or persons (favourites) with their status/presence like in Skype. It's essential in these Corona times where we work more from home and need to see if people are available for a quick word.

I would suggest this could be optional sidebar on the right in Teams with the option to pop it out and have it like a separate window like with Skype (and a small font to be able to see many people at once). Upon restart the popped-out window should ofc pop out automatically or make that…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I want you to correctly reflect the presence function of Teams

I am in trouble because the presence function is delayed.I want you to change so that it will be reflected properly immediately

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Available

Be able to set presence to always Available (especially when I'm mobile) or have presence set to a certain period of time before it changes to Away

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Include a hyperlink in status message

"Set status message" allows you to @ mention users. It would be nice to allow hyperlinks in your status message as well.

It might be even better to enable markdown formatting in the status message. This will allow hyperlinks as well as other formatting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Keep me signed in as “available” until I sign myself out.

It can be frustrating when I’m headed to meetings and my status defaults to “away” if I am not on for more than 10 minutes. I want people to know I am available unless I set myself to away. Keep me signed in as available unless I set my status otherwise.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add feature to set timer for appear away

Right now this app has no settings regarding after how long will it set your status away. Everything is automatic in background. Please allow users with ability to set timer of their choice (like in skype) to appear away after how many minutes.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Be able to adjust when status shows as away (i.e. 5min, 10, 15,etc.)

Be able to adjust when status shows as away (i.e. 5min, 10, 15,etc.)

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. You should add a feature to where I can delete this app

So you know how you can delete files and apps from your computer, I want to be able to do that to microsoft teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. the windows where Teams is displayed is too big

I like Teams but having half of the screen used by teams i do not liked. also I do not liked when i am in a meeting and somebody else send me a chat message. I have no idea who send it because is not available chats other than the ones in the conference.

So my suggestion is to use pop ups chats or video meetings and keeping as a base all the contacts visible like a main layer.

Regards
    Juan Pablo

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Keep only 1 or 2 Teams tabs open not 3

Omit in new conference version of teams the fact that three tabs have to be open when you minimize teams and the new pop-out feature for conference calls. There should only be one or two tabs (personally I want one) open for Teams. No need for three tabs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. An old issue has resurfaced. Teams presence changes to Away when working in other apps.

We started noticing this week (Aug 3, 2020) that our Presence status is automatically changing to away when we are working in other apps and not active in Teams. This is very annoying, especially since most of our employees are remote. It changes to away if we are in meetings - status goes from busy to away. And it changes even if we manually change status from available to busy. The only status that doesn't change automatically is the away status.What changed to cause this issue to reoccur?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base