Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A home screen when the application opens or done with a conversation.

The first screen that shows once you open the app would be a "home page". Currently, when you open the app, your last chat is on the screen. I don't want to keep chats open all the time if the conversations are done. This home page could be simple... " What would you like to do? ... with icons for Chat, video call, audio call, Conference, etc"

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Availability Schedule

It would be great to setup our availability in teams (like they have in slack). Like we could setup our working hours so we don't receive notification outiste working hours. Right now if I do not want to receive notifications (on my phone) I need to manually set me in away.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow someone to put in times of availability and during that time it should show that the person is available even when idle.

Allow someone to put in times of availability and during that time it should show that the person is available even when idle.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Notify when session has expired and I need to log in again

Often I will open Teams from the notification area only to discover my session has expired and I need to log in again. I never know how long I was signed out and unable to receive messages.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. We would like the chat list to change by availability.

We would like to see the chat order change as users become available. The most recent conversation with an available person should be at the top of the list. Unavailable users should be at bottom.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I need a way to let my team members know I am out on vacation some kind of auto responder to put in a message?

I am on vacation for a week it would be great to set a master out of office notification for all members to see in any channel the time for being out etc.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Connect desktop app status indicator to activity on desktop not just teams.

On the desktop app the status indicator changes to inactive, even if it is open and just minimized, until I maximize Teams app and click in it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. switch status from taskbar

I want to change my status from the taskbar.
    I now can only see my current status when I right klick the icon in the taskbar. Would be nice to be able to switch status right in that context menu without having to start teams just for that

BR

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Utilize Skype for Business Style Presense

Hi Suphatra -

Just checking on this on-going known issue.

The last update I can find is from June, where you mentioned it was going through testing/validation.

Has anything changed since then?

Thanks for your on-going help getting this issue addressed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. delay messages for "busy" contacts

The contacts that have set their presence as "busy" or DND should not get notified/disturbed by the messages. If someone tries to send messages to a busy contact, MS Teams should ask if the message is really critical, with options "urgent, send now", "automatically send later when the contact is available", "dont send".
    Its such a basic feature, it ought to be there

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. This Site - Post dates on MS Responses

Post dates of MS responses on search. When I filter topics I would like to see when the last entry was without going into the topic. When MS says "Working on It" I would like to see how long they've been working on it without having to open the each topic.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Presence Status in Tray Icon

Have an indicator on the Teams taskbar icon and tray icon that indicates your current status

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. UI and UX

The interface and user experience, they both feel cluttered, static, structured: Both have been designed by and for left-side-brainers. Try to make it more fluid, clear, cheerful, actually atractive to creative people as well. There are no customization options in the desktop app, and colors are too dark. Bigger icons; and icons for the chanels as well, not just text. Thos vertical panels separate the areas, but try a better distribution. At the end, looks like somebody tried to revive messenger from the 00s

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. create a Focus prescence that can be time boxed and a 'while you were away' summary pop-up

We would like to be able to set our presence to Focus (to allow time to focus on an issue or task) where we would not be disturbed.

Once the time expires, we would like the presence to resume where we were.

And we would like to have a summary pop-up that shows what happened while we were away so every post does not have to be read.

Additionally we would like to have a summary pop-up that tells what happened while the presence is offline, so when geting back online in the morning, there would be a summary to…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Lag In Presence/Status Update

The presence update is laggy, even in very simple scenarios. I made a call which changed me to "On a Call", then hung up. It took about a minute after the call for my icon to change back to Available. Strangely, I could see the correct status if I pulled up my profile.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Put Presence Text on Contact Popup

Presence (text) doesn't appear anywhere except on mouseover for a split second before the contact card pops up.

This needs to be addressed even without having other presence enhancements because until some of the other problems are fixed, most orgs using Teams will still rely on Teams PLUS their other corporate collaboration tool, and have to juggle what "yellow" means. Once better Presence/Status options are in place, this is a no-brainer.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. time zone status

Our Teams members travel between different time zones often.

Aside from knowing the status of my Team member, knowing in which time zone they currently reside would be beneficial.

Especially, being able to see the time zones for all the team members on the team members tab.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add User Current Timezone as Part of Status

With team members traveling and often located across the world, it would be great to have an indicator of what timezone they are currently located in. Ideally, this would be based on their geographical location. If MSFT tracks this via internet connect or some other means, it would be great to display it as part of status or when hovering over the name/icon.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I can't find my account info

user should be able to see his own account info

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Button to display/change my online status, always visible in iOS UI

I want to be able to quickly and easily change my online status while in the iOS app. Currently, I have to click More to see and change my status.
    I think that my status and the ability to change it should be in the top left and corner, on the left of the search button. It will then be visible, whether in Chat, Teams, Activity or Meetings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base