Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Feature that admins can check the presences for all members

We would like to utilize Teams for checking employee’s attendances in our org.
    So, it would be great if we could have a feature that admins can check every members’ presence from the admin center.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. suggested contacts

Adding a contact to my favorites should automatically remove them from the 'suggested contacts' don't you think?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to delete or remove "suggested" Teams members.

I don't want to see "suggested" contacts every time I log in to teams, I want to turn off or have the ability to forever HIDE that feature.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. A "Headphones On" status

It has become common-place that developers are wearing headphones while working. Often they are still available for questions, as the "available" status suggests, but will not hear when collegues call out.
    My suggestion is that there should be either
    - an added headphone icon to the "available" status
    - an individual status similar to "available"
    Initially it could be something the user add themselves, but could long term be a solution where Microsoft Teams consider whether your headset is currently active

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. better status in chat

At the top of the chat window where it says the name, it doesn't clearly display information about what they are doing. It would be nice to have a status, next meeting @, location

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Customize the order of my contact groups

Hi, I want to customize the order of my contact groups. Favourites are always at the top, but I want another group at the top.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Chat complications

Skype is better. When I click on chat, all the contacts get extended. It makes it difficult to find the right person. Every time I need to Chat, I need to close every groups.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Tags = first name, last name

Simply, when you tag people, it should be first name then last name. You call people by their first name right? Hey “Bill” can you help me out? Not - hey Gates, Bill can you help me out?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. hide free busy for external partenaire

Hide free/busy for external partenaire.
    The goal of this idea is to hide the user's free busy for external partenaire when you do a federation with a partenaire. Without this option we can't make any federation with any partenaire.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Another member status (away/offline) should be reflect within a minute after his/her system gets shutdown.

Another member status (away/offline) should be reflect within a minute after his/her system gets shutdown like skype business app.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. We would like to be able to change display names to better and more easily identify our colleagues.

We would like to be able to change display names to better and more easily identify our colleagues.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The status icon in teams is updated much too slowly

I think you need to approach the status indicator in teams differently. This is a feature that is very important and I don't think it's getting enough attention or focus.

For example, it takes up to 5 minutes to show teams as "away" even if your computer is locked. If it is locked, you should immediately be shown as "away". Usually by the time someone will show as away (going to the bathroom or at a meeting) a lot of the time, I won't even know they were away until they have gotten back.

This brings up another issue. The…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow change on status

Like in Skype, you can put your status to always available when you are connected, even if you have a calendar appointment or anything else

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Turn around time of the conversations. Is it possible to pull the report for a group?

I work on Teams alot and i would like to know the Turn around time of the conversations. Is it possible to pull the report for a group of people so as to view the response time and names of the people who post conversations?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make an invisible status

It would be nice if there was an "invisible" status that shows you offline/disconnected but still made you able to browse your team's content

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bigger Team Size **SuperUser**

Right now the platform limits how many users in one team. Can we make the Team sizes larger than 100 please?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Powershell support for call reporting.

After speaking to support I was surprised this wasn't already a feature for the Skype/Teams reporting built-in to the portal itself.

We currently have to browse to the portal and generate the same report day in and day out, clicking the same buttons, then formatting the same spreadsheet and finally cutting out the unnecessary data for customers.

As you well know if the data was available through powershell via the CSonline command set then we could just pipe the data straight into a CSV and provide it straight to the customer, it would literally save a days work over a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Romania isn`t on billing list.

As you can see, acording to https://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/countries , Romania isnt on the billing list. It is such a shame for that of a big company to dont have a european country. I can`t buy anything. I hope it willl be added very very soon because it is a very big problem for people in Romania.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base