Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Visibility of Presence from External Contacts

Microsoft has opted the whole organization to use Microsoft Teams. The migration of contacts was great but presence are not visible for people outside the organization. It has been working with Skype, it would be better if Microsoft Teams works the same too.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Chat complications

Skype is better. When I click on chat, all the contacts get extended. It makes it difficult to find the right person. Every time I need to Chat, I need to close every groups.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. better status in chat

At the top of the chat window where it says the name, it doesn't clearly display information about what they are doing. It would be nice to have a status, next meeting @, location

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Custom away message... Like Skype.

Skype has an option to "set your location". A similar option in MS Teams would be a great boon.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Customize the order of my contact groups

Hi, I want to customize the order of my contact groups. Favourites are always at the top, but I want another group at the top.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. hide free busy for external partenaire

Hide free/busy for external partenaire.
    The goal of this idea is to hide the user's free busy for external partenaire when you do a federation with a partenaire. Without this option we can't make any federation with any partenaire.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. We would like to be able to change display names to better and more easily identify our colleagues.

We would like to be able to change display names to better and more easily identify our colleagues.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Separate Out of Office status from Presence (like Skype)

Allow users to offer their presence of choice while keeping the Out of Office indicator persistent.
    Users may have special projects / exceptions / reasons that require them to temporarily login and publish their status, while otherwise not in the office.
    In Skype, a user can login and show available for a quick interval - without having to disable their Out of Office in order to extend that presence.
    This dual context would be useful in Teams.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The status icon in teams is updated much too slowly

I think you need to approach the status indicator in teams differently. This is a feature that is very important and I don't think it's getting enough attention or focus.

For example, it takes up to 5 minutes to show teams as "away" even if your computer is locked. If it is locked, you should immediately be shown as "away". Usually by the time someone will show as away (going to the bathroom or at a meeting) a lot of the time, I won't even know they were away until they have gotten back.

This brings up another issue. The…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow change on status

Like in Skype, you can put your status to always available when you are connected, even if you have a calendar appointment or anything else

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Turn around time of the conversations. Is it possible to pull the report for a group?

I work on Teams alot and i would like to know the Turn around time of the conversations. Is it possible to pull the report for a group of people so as to view the response time and names of the people who post conversations?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bigger Team Size **SuperUser**

Right now the platform limits how many users in one team. Can we make the Team sizes larger than 100 please?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Powershell support for call reporting.

After speaking to support I was surprised this wasn't already a feature for the Skype/Teams reporting built-in to the portal itself.

We currently have to browse to the portal and generate the same report day in and day out, clicking the same buttons, then formatting the same spreadsheet and finally cutting out the unnecessary data for customers.

As you well know if the data was available through powershell via the CSonline command set then we could just pipe the data straight into a CSV and provide it straight to the customer, it would literally save a days work over a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Romania isn`t on billing list.

As you can see, acording to https://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/countries , Romania isn`t on the billing list. It is such a shame for that of a big company to don`t have a european country. I can`t buy anything. I hope it willl be added very very soon because it is a very big problem for people in Romania.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. search by title

Ability to search for people within teams by Title as well as Name. This was possible is Skype.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Full contact details and add to Outlook optiona

Teams/Skype is often used as company phone/contact directory. Compare to Skype Teams provide less contact details and missing option Add contact to Outlook.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Custom Active Directory fields in profile

Make it possible to change or create a template for what fields show in the profile. Example, show mobilephone or NOT. Show office, department, job title, Initials... or not.

I'm missing initials at the moment

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Contacts always visible in left sidebar

Individuals are hidden in teams but should be prominent in the sidebar next to the teams option. Now they are hidden in the chat option under the contacts tab - very unintuitive and unproductive.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It would be helpful for admins to see which users are following a channel. When tagging the whole channel, it just shows the total.

I'll get a warning about the total number of followers I am about to notify, but there is not way to see who those followers are. As an admin, I want to know which users are following my team's channels.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base