Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Location awareness for Presence

With so many people working from home and office shifts, it will be great to know who is in the office and wh is working from home.

And of course, all this available through the API

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow people to create thier own background

During a video call allow people to create their own background

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Show free/busy status for guest users

I would like you to make free/busy status for guest users visible in Teams, especially when creating a schedule item.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Better visibility of user status

At the moment it is possible to see if person is in the call or in a meeting only when hover over the name for mini-contact card. In Skype4B for example, it was shown under a user name, you can even differentiate if this a call or conference call, which I cannot see in MS teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make my status private

I should be able to control what status I want displayed, including no status at all. I consider it a violation of my privacy that I can’t decline to display a status

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Show Out of Office Message Even When Signed Out

We've noticed when users are out of the office, and set their message in Outlook, it will carry over to Teams, as long as the user is signed into Teams somewhere. If they "sign out" of Teams, which someone might do when they leave for vacation, they show "offline" and do not reflect the Out of Office. It would be nice to show them as "offline" but still show the Out of Office message so the sender knows when they will be back.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Status defaults to "On a conference call" when in meetings. That status isnt available to even choose.

It does this in Skype. That status isnt available to even choose in Teams. Would be good to differentiate between 'busy' vs actually "on a call"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. option to disable Presence in Teams Chat per user

There have been a lot of ideas around presence.. we have a request to provide an option to disable presence on a per user basis in Teams. Concern is that the functionality could be used to assess user´s performance and availability, and we´d like to be able to provide this option to our user community.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Quick Access to another person's calendar

Would be great if there were a way in teams to quickly view another person's calendar. Initial goal is to understand the person's next available time. It should initially present a the person's Calendar "Day View" as is the case for one's own calendar.
    I'm sure there would be other use cases for this as well.
    The attached screen print shows a mockup of the Contact Card form and how the access point/button could be located/placed.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Show person status "like in a meeting" and "in a call" with out hover over contact.

I would be nice to have an indication on the contact list next to the name "in a call" or "in a meeting". Right now the only way to find out is to hover over the name in the chat. Because of that a lot of colleagues trying to call person already on the call. Not very ergonomic design of the interface.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Notification of Availabilty

It would be handy, if you could set a notification when someone comes online, or when a presence is set to available. There are instances when i need to talk with someone who is between meetings and calls. When their status changes to available - a notification could be sent to allert a person waiting for their availablity.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add greenscreen background

Add a feature to allow users to upload an image or animated gif to appear as a background behind their camera image. Using similar AI to the background blur effect, allow users to appear in front of a virtual background. This would be a fun feature that would drive engagement as well as allowing branding of corporate calls. Also, I want to appear with flames, dinosaurs and asteroids behind me to liven up conference calls.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow hiding “Get app” “App” ”Help” options

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    "アプリを入手" "アプリ" "ヘルプ" の各項目を非表示にできるようにしたい。

Allow hiding “Get app” “App” ”Help” options

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams の画面左下に表示される、"アプリを入手" "アプリ" "ヘルプ" の各項目を非表示に設定できるようにしたい。特に "アプリ" はストアアプリの為、ユーザーに対し制御できるようにしたい。

The options displayed at the bottom left of Microsoft Teams screen, “Get app”,”Apps” and “Help”, should be hidden from users. Especially the “Apps” we need to hide it from users’ screens since those apps are the store apps.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. View Team Member Statuses Easily

I want to be able to see a list of contacts/team members and their statuses at all times. Much like the skype for business used to be. I could add coworkers to my group and organize by status and see everyone who was online, whether they were free or in a meeting, out for the day, away for the moment, busy, etc. always up on my screen. That is the MOST important feature to me. And now it is gone. PLEASE ADD IT TO TEAMS!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Improve Presence/Status

I really like that Teams updates the Status from the Outlook calendar - It's really nice seeing that pop-up that Dale is out of office and may not respond. But do I really need to see that message every time I type? There doesn't seem to be a setting to silence after a time, and that banner is intrusive. It could be moved up and out of the way - even a "3 people in chat are away and may not respond" like when composing an email in the Outlook Web App.

Additionally, my status does not stay consistent since…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. AFK and mute MIC function

Add function to visually show an AFK* symbol instead of Avatar or Webcam picture. Also mute MIC.

*Away from keyboard

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Отсутствие в сети

В мобильной версии непонятно в чате, не хватает места для подписи, когда пользователь был последний раз в сети.
    Когда заходишь на сам профиль, есть только иконка, а время отсутствия не показывает

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Share live location

I really like the location feature in 2016 Business Skype. It know when I move between my two facilities at work and it also remembers my home location. This should be a feature in Microsoft Teams.

Dale

837 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  79 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Custom choise for call status

It would be very useful if user can choose how to put its presence (and then the notifications) during calls or meetings.
    Actually it is automatically set to "busy" and notification are always there and moreover new calls can came while you're already in a call.
    Considering that for someone this can be normal, I suppose that most of the users doesn't like to have multiple calla t same time, mainly if you're in a meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base