Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Status colors

Differentiate "Busy" and "In a call" to avoid interruptions. Currently both are shown in red. Also, add labels so it's easier to identify the status.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve Microsoft forms implementation in Microsoft teams.

When voting in a poll in Microsoft teams it should let us know if our vote was sent; in my case, I use to vote multiple times because I get anxious about If my vote was sent or not.
    I´m a student and my teachers use these polls to take assistance and I need to know If the poll actually did its work.
    By the time I´m writing this the only thing the poll does is change the button´s color into a more gray one and then coming back to its original color.
    I think the poll should tell us…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Change Teams Presence when another VoIP application accesses mic/speaker/camera

Please allow Teams to change presence status to 'busy' ect, when another 3rd party VoIP (Zoom, Ringcentral, WebEx,Skype) tool accesses mic/camera. Often external contacts require us to use their collaboration tool that is not integrated into Outlook Calendar presence. This will help sync actual user activity and pretense with Teams availability.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add attendence record

There should be a attendence record button so that everyone can see their attendence and maintain their attendence further.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Teams Individual Status

Provide options to status such as "Tea Break" and "Lunch Break", so that one can update their status before going to break.

It is important to have a tea and lunch break with family during this work from home schedule without any disturbance.

Would appreciate if you could think about it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Manually control my availability settings.

Manually control my availability settings. I work from 2 computers and have meetings scheduled on my calendar throughout the day. My TEAM needs to know they can reach me, even if I'm in a meeting or on the phone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make it easier to deactivate presence notifications on a person.

When a presence notification is no more useful for a person it's really not easy to retrieve and deactivate it. And after some days, you are block by the 15 notifications limit and it's a pain to retrieve and deactivate useless ones.

On Teams desktop, deactivation should be available directly on the notification popup.

Typical use case:
    - set a presence notification on a person
    - few, many hours later, you are able to contact the person. The notification is then no more useful.
    - generaly, I forgot to deactivate the notification immediately after the call. Am I alone ? …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. wallpaper / background

Allow user to download a background wallpaper, like in Zoom

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Presence Time Stamp

As Skype for Business had, it would be great to have a Time Stamp when a person's status is offline or set to 'Away'. For example, Skype for business used to show the number of hours or days, however, Teams just says 'Yesterday', or 'Offline'.

This would allow better monitoring of staff working hours as if they are working late. Currently you are unable to work out what time they were working until as teams presence just shows 'Yesterday'.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Presence Status Check as like on Skype (Available, Busy or Away)

As like Skype, can we have those small round dots which indicates whether the person is available, busy or away. It really helps alot.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. We need to be able to have a list of groups or persons (favoutites) with their status/presense

We need to be able to have a list of groups or persons (favourites) with their status/presence like in Skype. It's essential in these Corona times where we work more from home and need to see if people are available for a quick word.

I would suggest this could be optional sidebar on the right in Teams with the option to pop it out and have it like a separate window like with Skype (and a small font to be able to see many people at once). Upon restart the popped-out window should ofc pop out automatically or make that…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Opt-out of "Notify when available"

In the previous Skype for Business you had the option to "Tag for Status Updates" and Teams similarly implemented "Notify when available" in the spring of 2019. This has been a big ask for people, but at the same time, it's a feature which in my experience has been ripe for abuse at worst, and encouraging poor etiquette at best. If you've ever gotten 5 messages the moment you sat down and unlocked your PC in Skype for Business, you know what I'm talking about. This feature is also a privacy nightmare, and in environments where there are privacy concerns…

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Collect free/busy info via Teams

I would like admins to control changing free/busy info for users. Also, it would be great if admins can analyze status changes per user including time passed since the previous status change.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. why dont we have offline status (while being online) just like we used to have in skype ?

While being online, we used to have a skype feature where we can put our status as offline. Why was this feature removed from teams. If possible please enable this feature.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. the windows where Teams is displayed is too big

I like Teams but having half of the screen used by teams i do not liked. also I do not liked when i am in a meeting and somebody else send me a chat message. I have no idea who send it because is not available chats other than the ones in the conference.

So my suggestion is to use pop ups chats or video meetings and keeping as a base all the contacts visible like a main layer.

Regards
    Juan Pablo

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Keep only 1 or 2 Teams tabs open not 3

Omit in new conference version of teams the fact that three tabs have to be open when you minimize teams and the new pop-out feature for conference calls. There should only be one or two tabs (personally I want one) open for Teams. No need for three tabs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. when we are Out of office, status must be gray so we can work offline. Instead of Away status.

when we are Out of office, status must be gray(Offline) so we can work offline. Instead of Away status.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base