Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add the status for "Off work."

The "off work" status was available in Skype for Business. This helps a leader identify which team members are temporarily out of office - "Away" status vs. which are gone for the day "Off work."

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Option to Display Status in Contacts List

In the settings, add an option which causes Status text to display adjacent to or beneath (maybe both) the name and picture of a Contact in your Favorites.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When searching for users that are not Teams/SFB users, is there a way to determine whether the user is activated for Teams or not

Issue Definition:
    When searching for users that are not Teams/SFB users, is there a way to determine whether the user is activated for Teams or not? Current status shows date 1/1/1 in Teams desktop client and Null in the Teams web client. These users have synced O365 accounts for other O365 products but are not enabled or have licenses for Teams.

Main Ask: Would like to see an indicator that shows whether the user is a Teams user or not. This will help educate user base so they can identify which users can be interacted with.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Provide an option within Settings to permanently collapse or hide the 'Suggested Contacts'. It is not useful.

Offer the user an option to permanently collapse or hide the 'Suggested Contacts' that are constantly in an expanded view and must be collapsed with every login to Teams.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Presence across Tenants

Have presence across tenants. I am working with some users in one Teams site in one tenant but when I return to mine they cannot see my presence. Presence should be across tenant or configurable to be like that. Thanks

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. A new presence icon would be useful, to reflect the status "in a call", currently a mouseover is needed

A new presence icon would be useful, to reflect the status "in a call", currently a mouseover is needed to see, if a user is just busy or in a call.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Tag for status updates

Skype for Business supports tagging for status updates. It's a really buried feature, but one that is really helpful when trying to get in touch with someone. Would love to make this more easily available in Microsoft Teams to be better able to catch people as they become available (e.g. know when they come in in the morning, when they finish their current meeting, etc.).

711 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

113 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Implement a feature for Teams presence to work with Exchange Online Calendar

We would like to have a feature for Teams presence to work with Exchange Online Calendar likewise the presence capability of Skype for Business.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Assign Nick Names

I would like to be able to assign nick names for team members. Example, i have several people with the same name on my team so it would be nice if i could change one to 'Boss man' and one to 'Java Guru' and so on.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Set status to busy or invisible upon sign-in or sign-out completely

We should always be able to set our status to busy or invisible. Sign in as invisible or sign in as always busy or DND instead of automatically signing in & being set as available. Should be able to sign out of Teams without it automatically sign out of Office 365 entirely.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability not to show Disabled/Blocked users

Presently users of "Blocked", "Unlicensed" and even Shared Mailboxes all show up in the search / can try to converse with them. Can these be filtered out / a setting to remove them from the teams search?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow emotes with /me

Most chat software allows this, we just moved from HipChat and really missing this feature.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. attendance roll call

The Microsoft Teams has the list of my students. How can I use Microsoft Teams to take attendance?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. nicknames

allow the users

a) to set a own nickname, which could be displayed when people hover over my icon

OR

b) allow me to set individual nicknames (=additional data, remarks) for a contact and show that when I hover of them

OR

c) both (a+b)

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. More status options, custom status, and Out of Office

MORE STATUS
    I like the status options in S4B, and so does my boss. It will be important to my boss before accepting the use of MS Teams widely to have a broader range of statuses. Missing statuses are:
    * In a meeting
    * In a conference call
    * In a call
    * Presenting
    * Be right back
    * Off Work

Particularly of importance are "Be right back" and "off work". "Do not disturb" is probably sufficient for "in a meeting", "in a call" and "presenting". But, it sure is nice that S4B auto-detects those three statuses (for the most…

2,571 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

215 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

This request is still queued within our backlog. No new details yet.
    -Warren

18. Ability to Search for Microsoft Teams Contacts Using Main Search Bar

Hello,

Hope everyone is doing well.

May we please suggest a Microsoft Teams feature to be able to synchronize Microsoft Outlook contacts with Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Teams contacts with Microsoft Outlook and to be able to search for both internal and external contacts (from address book), using the Microsoft Teams main search bar, located at the top center of the screen?

Thank you very much.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Real time Location tracking

Many Teams have team members out on site or in various locations. It would be great to be able to get real time live location data allowing say an admin or head office or Team coordinator to direct the best resources to the right place and help colleagues help each other. Similar layout as say Life 360 and would be great if you could share directions with team members or a team leader can share a Route for the day or the week making real team integration.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Customizable statuses (like Jabber)

Customizable statuses (like Jabber)

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.