Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.   

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Flag for status change like skype.

I'd like to be able to flag a person just like Skype.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add the Contacts view from S4B to readily view contacts availability/status

crate a tab or view where I can organize my team within Teams to quickly view availability/status

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. please allow user to off last message display under the name

sometimes we have to open teams to during screen sharing to send messages on the meeting groups.
    And everybody can see the last communicated message under each chat.

Thinking if you can allow user to set displaying of the message OFF unless we open the person's chat.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Teams Users Status Who they are speaking with Live

When someone hovers over a person "in a call", you can see the phone number they are speaking with. If it's a team meeting, show a list of participants. If there is a large amount in meeting, show only the first few and then use the " ... " option to indicate there are more than the display is capable of showing. Most important is the ability to see who people are speaking with in Teams Voice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Filter the Contacts list by status

As a team member, I would like the ability to filter the Teams contacts list by status so that I can see only those team members who are presently listed as "Available" for immediate consultations.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Let us control how many minutes pass before our status is set to Away.

Other software can do this. Let us control how many minutes pass before our status changes.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Customize away timeout

I wish you could control how long it took before teams changed the status to away. It changes very quickly and it is odd that this can't be controlled by the user.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make participants' camera videos un-dockable, or dockable to other parts of the screen. (Excellent reason in description)

People have their web cameras located in different locations around their computer monitor, but most commonly in the top center. If you want your video to appear like you are looking at the camera, while you are talking to someone ------ then the video of the person you are talking to should be near your camera. This creates the best "eye-to-eye" interchange. THEREFORE, if you would make the video feed of the people talking un-dockable or at least able to select where on screen (Top, Bottom, left, right) ---- then when you are looking at people and talking, your eyes…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I need user controlled availability - not automated.

User controlled manual availability is a must. Not automated like it is today.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please allow me to set a time-out period on my status

Teams changes to "away" after about 5-10 minutes of me not clicking on it.. This is terrible because it sends the message to my superiors that I am slacking off when in reality I am just working on another screen.. I am going to have to write a script to move my mouse around every couple of minutes just to keep from looking like a bad employee..

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Out of working hours Availability Status Auto Update

It would be good if we can have Out of working hours Availability Status Auto Update

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Be able to automatically set a status like "appear offline" when out-of-office or outside working hours defined in outlook.

In order to help users manage work life balance, in addition to setting a duration for "appearing offline", it would be helpful to be able to set it to set a status like "appear offline" when their calendar has an out-of-office block, or when the time of day is outside working hours defined in Outlook.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Customizing presence in Teams

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のプレゼンスのカスタマイズについて
    Customizing presence in Teams

■Description(内容):
    現在、Microsoft Teams のプレゼンス情報は、カスタマイズできず既定のプレゼンスのみ選択できるが、ユーザーごとにカスタマイズしたプレゼンス情報を入力し、使用できる機能の拡充を要望いたします。

Currently, there is no way to customize presence information in Teams, and you can only select from default presence states. Please make it possible to input and use customized presence information.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Better control on status notifications

The number of people whose status you may follow using status notifications is limited. If you hit that limit, you have no simple way to find the people you may untag, as they are not listed anywhere.
    Even if you still know, there is only one place to do this change (in the chat) instead of having this feature anywhere connected to that person.
    So please: Let us have the possibility to list the people we are following and allow to toggle the notification from anywhere you ineract with people.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Time and Activity Time Tracking within Teams Chat Rooms

Is there any talk about adding an activity tracker with timer to Teams integration? Currently investigating the app Clockify, but there is no connector or other integration with Teams.

For my use case, I'd like users to be able to click a timer to start tracking time spent working on a specific task (client, ticket, administrative, training, etc.) with an option to add "project" and "tag" for granularity. I would also require reporting of some type, both summarized and detailed, by User, Project, Tag.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Availability status control by user (timeouts, outlook sync, presenting mode 'busy', etc)

Visible status to other users should be in control of the user.
    Setting myself as "available" only for this status to be changeg automatically to "away" after an indertermined timeout is bad.
    As a user, I should be able to decide if I want to appear as "away" or not after a certain timeout, and I should be able to configure this timeout duration.
    Syncing with outlook calendar should be optional, and private/public events should be taken into consideration.
    Receiving notifications or not while presenting / attending a meeting should be optional.
    All in all, more control over availability status,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Simple, Stop marking me away when i'm not.

I am not running teams on any other computers
    I have no meetings scheduled in outlook
    I have reset my status in teams
    I manually click Available status
    I manually click Reset status after 1 Week
    I alt-tab away from Teams, continually using the computer
    Within 5 minutes, Teams marks me as away
    When I move the mouse over the teams window, I become available again
    Presence notification telling users I am away whenever i'm using any software other than Microsoft Teams is a complete joke. The internet is rife with complaints about this, Different computer, same issue. Different account,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Set time dependent or calendar based status

Hi, functionality shall allow user to set-up repetitive pattern for status; example off for out of working time; every working day from 8-10 - do not disturb ... etc. secondary option can be to display availability based on calendar entries.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow users to set the "Off Work" start and stop time

It would be useful to be able to set an "Off work" period that is automatically set every working day. (e.g. from 06:00pm to 08:00am)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base