Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add feature to set timer for appear away

Right now this app has no settings regarding after how long will it set your status away. Everything is automatic in background. Please allow users with ability to set timer of their choice (like in skype) to appear away after how many minutes.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have teams ask if you want to set yourself active after setting yourself otherwise

When I set myself away, be right back, offline, etc., I need to remember to set myself as active when I come back to my desktop.

I understand not wanting Teams to automatically set oneself back to active, but I think it would be nice if there was an obvious visual cue, a popup, a banner, or something that I/we would not miss (and can dismiss) so that we don't forget to set ourselves back to active.

I always forget to change my status, and I know others on my team have this issue as well. This feature would improve…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Flag for status change like skype.

I'd like to be able to flag a person just like Skype.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Publish whether user is working from home or the office (like Skype LIS)

To facilitate hybrid in-person and remote collaboration, Teams should publish in the user contact card which corporate network location a user is signing in from, or whether they are working from home. Teams already knows the user location based on organizations already entering subnet and site information for other features (such as Call Quality Dashboard and Location Based Routing).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Setting to specify the timing of presence changes when away from keyboard, or disable such changes

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    プレゼンスが退席中に変更となるタイミングの指定および退席中に変更されないよう設定する機能の拡充を希望する
    Setting to specify the timing of presence changes when away from keyboard, or disable such changes

■Description(内容):
    実際には端末を操作せずとも、資料の確認や打ち合わせなどで業務中だが離席していないことが多い。
    退席中と表示されることで、業務上都合が悪くなってしまうことも多々あるため、退席中であるかどうかのプレゼンス変更を任意で変更可能としてほしい。

Currently, there are lots of situations where while looking at documents or conducting meetings, nothing is being done on machines while the user is present.
    In marking these users as “away”, a number of issues occur in our operation, so please allow us to change how presence changes function to match our needs.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Custom status duration for "After Weekend"

At the end of the day when I want to continue working but I want to appear offline, I will set the duration of my status to last until "After today". This works fine except for on Friday when I won't be returning until Monday. My suggestion is to have an easy custom duration for "After Weekend" so my status will return to normal on Monday morning. Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Remove "Appear Offline" presence

Would be good to have an option to disable for everybody in organization the option to set presence "Appear Offline"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Microsoft teams history assistance.

I use equipment for meetings that are scheduled almost every day and sometimes I want to know how many people connected in meetings that have already happened a few days or weeks ago, I think that accessible attendance list of any date would be useful. and not only the exact moment of the meeting that is the only possibility to download the attendance list.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Function to set the Teams presence “busy” individually

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のプレゼンス ”取り込み中” を個別で設定する機能について
    Function to set the Teams presence “busy” individually

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams にて通話中や会議中の着信を受信しないようするためには、通話ポリシーの ”通話中は話中として対応する機能を利用” をオンにすることでプレゼンスが ”取り込み中” となった際に着信を受信しないようになり実現が可能と認識しておりますが、この場合の ”取り込み中” は ”会議中” および ”通話中” の双方が含まれるため、どちらか一方のみ ”取り込み中” とするなど個別に設定する機能の実装を機能します。

In order to prevent answering of calls while in a call or meeting on Teams, turning the setting “Appear busy while in calls” on will cause incoming calls to not be accepted while the presence state is “busy”, but in this case “busy” includes both “in a meeting” and “in a call” so please add a way to set only one of these to cause the “busy”…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Be able to see all video participants and scroll through instead of just top active participants

Currently you can only see the top few active participants. Unlike competitor applications, you can’t see all of the video participants nor scroll through each of them.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Teams presence API

The goal is to have Teams presence API improved for developers to implement better interoperability and synchronization with other applications with user presence like Contact and Call Centers
    - Subscribing Teams presence for all organization users
    - Changing Teams user’s presence on behalf of the users using impersonation
    - Receiving a notification when Teams users’ presence changes (Available, DND, Busy, Off work) and when users’ call states change “In-a-Call”, “In-a-Meeting”

The similar presence integration is already available for Skype for Business (UCMA) https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skype-sdk/ucma/unified-communications-managed-api-ucma-5-0-sdk-documentation

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add "Appear Offline" option in taskbar icon view as well

Can you please add the Appear Offline option to the taskbar view also (see screenshot)? It's currently only in the Teams window view. Oftentimes I want to quickly change my status to this and have to fully open up teams, click on my profile, then click the drop down options just to do this. Yes, it's only a few steps but still so unnecessary. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Out of working hours Availability Status Auto Update

It would be good if we can have Out of working hours Availability Status Auto Update

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Availability status control by user (timeouts, outlook sync, presenting mode 'busy', etc)

Visible status to other users should be in control of the user.
    Setting myself as "available" only for this status to be changeg automatically to "away" after an indertermined timeout is bad.
    As a user, I should be able to decide if I want to appear as "away" or not after a certain timeout, and I should be able to configure this timeout duration.
    Syncing with outlook calendar should be optional, and private/public events should be taken into consideration.
    Receiving notifications or not while presenting / attending a meeting should be optional.
    All in all, more control over availability status,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Focus assist causing missed Teams Calls / Screen Shares

Focusing - People missing calls due to focus issues. We have to train users to modify their focus assist settings.

This seems be happening more often when people have set aside Focus Time in their calendar. Focus Assist seems to make it virtually impossible for someone to receive a share request from an individual if it is during their Focus Time.

We have asked users to adjust their Focus Assist settings but it seems that this could be more intuitive and it should not need so much manual intervention.

Can you look into this?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Introduce few interactive games

Hey MicrosoftTeams

Can you please look for a chances of adding few multiplayer games in the application, it helps in relaxing by having some fun activities in office times

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Out to Lunch

Out to Lunch (with option to say when returning) I think this is essential. Especially all the different time zones companies work in. You can't assume someone is at Lunch during those hours.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Notify when a colleague is available to talk

If I want to talk to Tim and noticed that his status is set to anything other than "available", e.g. "in a call", then given me an option to click which will remind me the moment Tim's status is changed to "available" again. By this , we do not need to check again and again to see if a colleague is free or busy. I am talking about Carporate Teams desktop client/accounts and not the free app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Users Presence Activity Log

With a lot of users working from home there is a need for an audit log to know when the users change the status of their availability, away, busy, etc...

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/users-presence-activity-log/m-p/1286078

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Device Notification-Shows which device is being used for replies

Show which device is currently being used for replies. ie-mobile, web, desktop.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base