Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Laat de gebruiker zelf kiezen na hoeveel tijd hij/zij als afwezig weergegeven wordt.

Ik word vrij snel als afwezig weergegeven wanneer ik even niet aan de computer actief ben. Ik ben op dat moment wel nog beschikbaar, maar werk bijvoorbeeld aan documenten, maak tussendoor een praatje met een collega,... Ik zou graag zelf kiezen om langer beschikbaar te staan zodat mijn collega’s zien dat ze mij wel kunnen opbellen...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change the name of MS Teams to almost anything else

I don't know if you guys were on drugs when you named this app but i can't describe the frustration when i'm having a discussion with colleagues about their teams but not their MS teams and then creating other teams but is this real life or their actual physical team etc. this is daily. Just idiotic. just causes unnecessary confusion

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Using the Teams phone app and the Windows installed app

I would like to leave Teams running on my work PC all the time. I am fine with the way it handles status automatically: when I'm typing/mousing, it says I'm available. And when I lock my computer, it switches to Away.

That's all good.

But I would also like to have the Teams app on my phone. I'd like having/using that app to never make me available. In other words, if I decide to open it on my phone at 11 PM to check messages, I'd like to continue appearing Away. But when I come back to my work laptop…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. All presence options available when hover over app icon.

Currently when you hover over the Teams app icon in Task Bar you can only see a subset of presence choices. You should be able to see all choices including one to Reset status back to whatever your automatic outlook integration says.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Fix the status indicator

The status indicator doesn't work well, please fix this. My status is regularly set to 'away' when in reality I have Teams open on my work PC Win 10 Pro, my iPad iOS 13.4, my home PC Win 10 Home, and my iPhone iOS 13.4 - our entire company has noticed this. We always seem to be left in 'Busy' status hours after a meeting has ended.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Presence in Outlook

Currently presence does not work in Outlook without the Skype client installed, please resolve that issue

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Manage status time of activity manually

It is important for extended time zones roles .show be in the mobile and desktop

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow us to set our status to stay the same for an allotted time, instead of automatically synching to our calendars

Many times when I am working but nothing is scheduled on my calendar it will automatically set my teams status to "out of office" or "offline" which makes me looks like I am not working, even though it is that I don't have appointments on my MS calendar. This is a bad look for Corporate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. In A Call presence whenever audio is in use

When joining a meeting or group call with audio on Mute, presence will only indicate In A Meeting. Even after Unmute, the presence remains In A Meeting versus In A Call.
    Indicating In A Call is preferred whenever audio is active (regardless of mute condition) during a meeting or group call.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Request to implement presence privacy mode

I would request to implement presence privacy mode in Microsoft Teams same as Skype for Business.
    Because I would like to prevent junior employees from seeing executive/senior members’ presence information when they search staff information.

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Better marketing and name recognition

Our university is using Teams more and more, but it still remains awkward to invite or request communication via the app. "Chat" is too generic, as are "Calls." For example, if I am requesting a meeting with someone, I can offer Zoom (which is recognizable and obvious as to what I'm asking) or <awkwardly fumbles for easy description> 'Microsoft Teams video call.' It's way too much and doesn't flow. I request you rename the features to something more catchy and exclusive, or start advertising a way to phrase it that will become common knowledge (maybe TeamsChat or something better). Also,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. keep status

allow MS Teams to keep last recorded status.
    e.g. my status keeps reverting back to Available after put my laptop to sleep. would be good for Teams to recognize that i had manually set status to Busy and keep it that way even after i lock, sleep or hibernate my laptop.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Need a way to bulk add multiple Team members at once by copying a string of email IDs (separated by a delimiter)

Need a way to bulk add multiple Team members at once by copying a string of email IDs (separated by a delimiter) ;
    At present I have to individually add each and every email Id separately; that's very very time consuming;
    I am surprise Microsoft failed to think about this in the first place.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Presence based routing not available

Hi All,

I have had this discussion with Microsoft Support and they have confirmed that this is currently not available. At the moment we have a call queue that is set to Attendant Routing so it calls everyone in the group when a call comes in to the office. Currently this means whenever the phone rings, each persons Desktop Phone (Polycom VX410/411), Desktop PC and Mobile phone rings.

We were recently swapped across to Teams in the backend and took the opportunity to move away from Slack and bring everything into the one tool. That part of it is great,…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to add multiple status messages from which to choose

Normally I set myself on "busy" and add a status indicating that if someone needs urgent feedback, must mention or indicate "urgent". But when I'm really away, I'd like to choose another status message, for example. The way status stating is now, obliges me to keep a desktop sticky note with the statuses for me to change when needed :/

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. wallpaper / background

Allow user to download a background wallpaper, like in Zoom

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. STUPID *** APP

Make Microsft Teams better by FUCKING DELETING IT. TEACHERS ARE SITTING ON OUR SHOULDERS AND MAKING US DO WORK.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Set status to "Busy" or "In a call" when the microphone or webcam is being used by another application

Sometimes you have to join a customer or vendor meeting using another collaboration app, such as Zoom or Webex. It would be nice if Teams could recognize your microphone and/or webcam is in use by another program and automatically set your status to "In a call" or "Busy."

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Incorporate time into status, i.e. "away 10 minutes"

Similar to Skype for Business, include time with the status. For instance, "Away 10 minutes".

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base