Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Status message can be scheduled to appear as defined by employee after a defined time

In the current pandemic we all face a very difficult time segregating working hours and home time. Please create a feature which can be scheduled to change your status as per the working hours selected.

Eg. if my working hour is from 9-5pm i should have a setting to change my status to anything like 'Home Time', Employee self time etc.anything on the similar grounds.
    Hope we all can together make a better working place where humanity is valued equally as profit figures.

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Be able to see all video participants and scroll through instead of just top active participants

Currently you can only see the top few active participants. Unlike competitor applications, you can’t see all of the video participants nor scroll through each of them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Better presentations

Today it is very boring to listen to a ppt presentation over teams since the presentation is the tool and the presenter is not in focus. A presentation should be a support to a presenter. I want to have the option to be able to appear like the attached picture to be a more active part of the presentation.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Display a collegue's local time and a graphic indicating indicating their local time (sun/moon circle) in all areas.

I think as we interact with people it's important to respect their time of day. This is an especially constant concern when working in a global company where colleagues might be just waking up, working late, or picking up the phone in the middle of the night to join a meeting.

This should be a user and company-wide option to enable or not. (not all companies are global, and some teams do not work with global colleagues, so not everyone would want to see this)

This info should be displayed in all areas such as contact card, during a call…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. draw participant

Select a random name among meeting participants.

This functionality will have a social character, facilitating the execution of events during meetings

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Background/foreground

Hi
    Now that we can get a nice background - I would really appreciate getting filters for foreground, ie myself, like snapchat filters, and preferably selection of clothing, hair, make up, different styles etc!

Thanks!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Automate Availability status; Available post login, Away after signout, Be right back after 30 mins of inactivity

Automate Availability status; Available post login, Away after signout, Be right back after 30 mins of inactivity.

My organisation is not staffed by full-time 9-5 employees. We are volunteers and have varying work cycles.

Like others, I forget to update my status. Surely, a login means you are available? And Sign-out means you aren't and "away." Inactivity for 30 mins means your are temporarily away? These can be automated and not manual updates?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teams phones should recognize when already on a voice call

For anyone who uses Teams phones, there is only the option to turn on and off presence based awareness. If it in on, and my calendar has synced and changed my status, i don't receive calls but if it is off, I receive calls while I am already on the phone with a client!

Ideally we should be able to have phone calls come through even if there is something booked in your calendar which has changed my status to busy, but it should not be ringing when I'm already on the phone or in a teams meeting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. status option

There should be an option for the status as "offline" or "show offline" so that people don't keep bothering you when you're done for the day.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Different status color when user is busy/in meeting while different when in call

Different status color when user is busy/in meeting while different when in call - It will help decide if user to be called directly (as of now it is not clear from status if user should be called)

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Integrate TEAMS with Skype status

Would it be possible to integrate TEAMS with Skype status so when I'm in a meeting on TEAMS it shows as 'red' in Skype too.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Offline status for Teams

just like with Skype for Business, it will be nice for Teams to include "Offline" mode. Since our company is moving to Teams only by end of the year, I miss being able to place my status in Teams as "Offline" when I do not want someone to contact me or have someone think that I am online and available during my off hours or weekend. Please add "Offline" status choice to Teams asap. Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Remove auto update of status

Remove the automatic update of status if away for 5 minutes

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Let tenant admins decide a policy and/or a preference for away status timeout

Tenant admins should be able to enable or disable the away status for all or groups of users.
    They should also be able to set the default timer for the away status for each group and to decide whether is mandatory or editable by the end user.
    We are a multinational company and this is a big issue since in some countries (like Germany for example) worker's union may be upset of the automated status change.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. In Call (Mobile) Presence When In Cellular Call

I am not sure if this is possible, but it would be wonderful for presence within MS Teams to reflect availability or presence based on whether or not a user is active on their phone -- and in particular if the user is in a cellular call.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. My status constantly reverts to yellow even when I am active. I would like to keep it green so my peers know that I am available.

My status constantly reverts to yellow even when I am active. I would like to keep it green so my peers know that I am available.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Show "urgent interruptions only" to Priority Access colleagues instead of DND status

Skype for business showed "urgent interruptions only" to people added to my workgroup but DND to everyone else, Teams needs to the do the same for Priority Access people

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Better visibility for custom Status Message

The new status message feature is great, but it lacks visibility to other users. It would be much more useful to make it visible in the chat area user list, rather than having to hover over a user to find it in the drop down. It would also be great to have it anywhere you can see user presence.

201 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. set the option to change the timer for appearing away

set the option to change the timer for appearing away. skype for business had the ability to set away status after... X minutes of inactivity

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base