Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Define & view Location (like we had in Skype)

Location is missing in Teams which we had in Skype.

When I move between my different locations like at office or factory or marketing office or home, it shows where am I (as I defined each). Also it remember home location.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Better visibility for custom Status Message

The new status message feature is great, but it lacks visibility to other users. It would be much more useful to make it visible in the chat area user list, rather than having to hover over a user to find it in the drop down. It would also be great to have it anywhere you can see user presence.

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Share desktop and camera at the same time

So that the meeting room can present the desktop screen sharing as well as the video feed of the people in the room. This is probably similar to: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/38860147-allow-pop-out-of-any-window-shared-from-anyone-ca

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. status option

There should be an option for the status as "offline" or "show offline" so that people don't keep bothering you when you're done for the day.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Let us control how many minutes pass before our status is set to Away.

Other software can do this. Let us control how many minutes pass before our status changes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. In Call (Mobile) Presence When In Cellular Call

I am not sure if this is possible, but it would be wonderful for presence within MS Teams to reflect availability or presence based on whether or not a user is active on their phone -- and in particular if the user is in a cellular call.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Opt-out of "Notify when available"

In the previous Skype for Business you had the option to "Tag for Status Updates" and Teams similarly implemented "Notify when available" in the spring of 2019. This has been a big ask for people, but at the same time, it's a feature which in my experience has been ripe for abuse at worst, and encouraging poor etiquette at best. If you've ever gotten 5 messages the moment you sat down and unlocked your PC in Skype for Business, you know what I'm talking about. This feature is also a privacy nightmare, and in environments where there are privacy concerns…

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Presence indicator shape and colors for daltonian people

All icons in Presence indicator in TEAMS are round which make them difficult to read especially for daltonian people like me! When yellow green and red look close to the same is doesn't help. Bigger shape, and other form shape like triangle, losange, square and octagonal will be easier to see. Also the definition could be visible when passing on with the mouse.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow users to change the defult time of 10 minutes to how ever long they would like before the status changes from available to away.

The users should be able to override the 10 minutes setting that changes the user's status from available to away.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Timer based status change or logout from app

Is it possible to have a timer based automatic login and signout for the mobile app? The 'available' status is on all day and night 24x7

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Let tenant admins decide a policy and/or a preference for away status timeout

Tenant admins should be able to enable or disable the away status for all or groups of users.
    They should also be able to set the default timer for the away status for each group and to decide whether is mandatory or editable by the end user.
    We are a multinational company and this is a big issue since in some countries (like Germany for example) worker's union may be upset of the automated status change.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add a Be Right Back / Break button especially for longer calls

Since video and voice calls go on for hours, kindly add a Be Right Back button for participants to enable a quick break

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Teams (Web Version) says I'm away eventhough I have the tab open on my 2nd monitor and am working on Excel on my 1st monitor.

When using the web version of teams (rather than the desktop app) the presence status shows away after 5 minutes even though the window is up, but my active window is on the other monitor and I'll be working in Excel (or another app).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. My status constantly reverts to yellow even when I am active. I would like to keep it green so my peers know that I am available.

My status constantly reverts to yellow even when I am active. I would like to keep it green so my peers know that I am available.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Remove the status: Do not Disturb. Replace it with Occupied or Single threading. I am not disturbed when contacted

The term Disturbed means: 1. having had its normal pattern or function disrupted or 2. suffering or resulting from emotional and mental problems or 3. both combined. A professional, under normal circumstances, should never reach this level. Perhaps in England, 1700 or 1800 Disturbed had a more docile meaning, the equivalent to distracted today. 2020, Disturbed has acquired a negative connotation

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Option to change Teams status to Off Work

Add the "Off Work" status like we had on Skype. It is really helpful, especially in the work from home environment to be able to add the clear "off work" distinction in your status.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I would appreciate if do not disturb status is really blocking from being contacted, like skype does

I am confused about the do not disturb function in Teams. It should prevent anybody to contact me. Basically the same functionality as in Skype for business. Anybody know if there are plans to so so?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Showing Status with a text

Status of a person should be shown with a text like In a meeting, busy like that.Right now we have to hover over the icon to know this because its difficulat to differentiate between busy and in a meeting status. Other status are easy to identify. Or we can give unique colors to all the status.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Laat de gebruiker zelf kiezen na hoeveel tijd hij/zij als afwezig weergegeven wordt.

Ik word vrij snel als afwezig weergegeven wanneer ik even niet aan de computer actief ben. Ik ben op dat moment wel nog beschikbaar, maar werk bijvoorbeeld aan documenten, maak tussendoor een praatje met een collega,... Ik zou graag zelf kiezen om langer beschikbaar te staan zodat mijn collega’s zien dat ze mij wel kunnen opbellen...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base