Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.   

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams status 'duration' and 'set a status message'

In Teams, combine the status 'duration' and 'set a status message' & associated 'set status message duration' into a single menu.

Currently they're separate and clunky.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Set status message at the same time you set away status

As a remote worker, I would like to be able to set my status message (like At Lunch") at the same time that I set myself to "away", so that I can notify my team that I am taking lunch without so many mouse clicks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. A CLAP OPTION WITH 3 levels of loudness to express satisfaction

Whenever I deliver a speech or take a seminar or make a presentation, it is the clap sound at the end that gives me the complete satisfaction of what I did. The loudness of the clap expresses, the happiness of the people and it is what gives me confidence, motivation and encouragement to perform next time. It would be nice if, we have 3 levels of loudness -low,medium,high which would express the satisfaction of the audience and also act as a feedback for the performer. If you could implement this, we will move a step closer to real classroom environment…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. online status for specific group

Would like to be able to set by Status:
    1) Globally - i.e.as it exists today from other users perspective
    2) Have a different status for another set of people (group).

e.g. Appear to everyone as away/busy/do not disturb etc. However for my direct reports - show status as 'Available'

This could potentially be extended even further - as a hierarchical list of statuses for further lists/groups of people - until the the person viewing gets to the 'default/global' rule.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I'm a teacher. I can't download my students attendance on app

App should be able to download student presence

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add an additional Status Indicator to show if you are Working From Home (WFH) or Onsite

Add an additional (optional) status indicator to let other colleagues know if you are currently onsite or if you are working from home.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. A function for user to set preferred time intervals to switch presence status

It would be great if users can set their preferred time intervals till their presence status become Away.

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Show presence when adding people to an existing call

When adding additional users to an existing call, it would be extremely useful to see their presence status. Right now I have to go to "Chat" and search for the person to see their status before calling them. It would be very helpful to be able to see someone is away or busy right from the add participants interface.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. specific status color for users when they are in calls

add a specific status color for users when they are in calls or conferences to distinguish between "busy" and "in a call" easily without having to pass over the name of the user to find out his/her exact status.
    It was simple in skype for business to find that out and it avoided people not calling you when you were in the middle of another call or conference.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. picture in picture mode so that we can work on other application while watching a presentation

The idea is to watch a presentaion in a meeting in picture in picture mode, so that we can work on some other applicaiton while looking at the presentaion

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Coloured ring to indicate presence

Coloured ring around the profile picture to indicate the location of the user. e.g. blue for "in the office" green for "at home".
    Nowadays, many people work from hybrid locations. It's a piece of important information to know whether someone is in the office, without having to ping the other person about their whereabouts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Set an optional clock / schedule option to modify status. Noon Away - 5 PM Away - ETC

Set an optional clock / schedule option to modify status. Noon Away - 5 PM Away - ETC

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Block all desktop notifications when on "Do not disturb" mode

On Teams it is not the case and I think it should be, so we can use the DND mode to focus on deep work and avoid being disturbed by messages. There is also a functionality in Windows to filter notifications but it does not tell your colleagues that you're not seeing their messages, so I think it should be handled in the Teams status.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Include a hyperlink in status message

"Set status message" allows you to @ mention users. It would be nice to allow hyperlinks in your status message as well.

It might be even better to enable markdown formatting in the status message. This will allow hyperlinks as well as other formatting.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Extend time out

extending time is a valuable feature. I sometimes work on 2 computers and they both need to know I am present.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Update the Status Icon Pack to differentiate Busy, Meeting, In a Call

It is difficult to identify when a person is going from Busy to Call or Meeting. Sometime we accept pings during Busy state. But I get pings from my colleague when I am in a call or meeting, thinking I am in a busy state.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Last Seen Time for Offline status

Allow to see users last seen time for Offline status for mobile apps.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. See the status of the contact in letter not just the colour

With Skype, we see under the circle of the status, the status in letter, exemple, when the contact is in green, he is available, when he is in red, there are multiple status, in communication, in presentation, don't distrub, ….
    But in teams, we just see the circle with the colour, not the corresponding status and it's not relevant because people just look at the color, not the real status. Can you put the status in letter Under the color ?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Status option

There should be an option provided to select and set one particular status and it should remain same until changed manually (the way skype provides option to set availability).
    Also, timeline to set away status should be changeable.
    Sometimes app displays the duration for how long the person is away and sometime it just displays away status. This should be controllable.

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. لو عند رفع اليد يخرج زر بالاسفل عند ضغطه ينقز اليد ويهزها دليل ععلى المشاركة

عند رفع اليد يخرج زر بالاسفل عند ضغطه يهز اليد وينقزها

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base