Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show "urgent interruptions only" to Priority Access colleagues instead of DND status

Skype for business showed "urgent interruptions only" to people added to my workgroup but DND to everyone else, Teams needs to the do the same for Priority Access people

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. status

Show more details in Busy Status beside the name as was the case with Skype for Business.
    1. on a call
    2. in a meeting
    3. in a conference call
    Failure to show the detailed status beside the name, will give the impression that the person might by busy but still available for quick questions. Instead of providing the message sender the option to be courteous when the receiver status clearly shows on a conference call without having to hover over the name.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Custom Status Message API

One can currently set a custom status message for when someone sends you a chat or mentions you in a channel. Please provide an administrative control to disable this by policy. And/or allow for the custom status message to be cleared/set by PowerShell or Graph API.

Use case: In the EDU sector students can (and do) abuse this with inappropriate status messages. Currently, the only control is an Acceptable Use Policy, and to clear it requires taking control of the account and manually clearing it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Out of working hours Availability Status Auto Update

It would be good if we can have Out of working hours Availability Status Auto Update

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Background/foreground

Hi
    Now that we can get a nice background - I would really appreciate getting filters for foreground, ie myself, like snapchat filters, and preferably selection of clothing, hair, make up, different styles etc!

Thanks!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Integrate TEAMS with Skype status

Would it be possible to integrate TEAMS with Skype status so when I'm in a meeting on TEAMS it shows as 'red' in Skype too.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Automatic callback / call back on busy

Hello,

often i want to make a call and the partner is in an not free status. In this case it would be nice to aktivate a function that i get an message when the user status of this partner change to free.

Greetings

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Appear offline

In Skype I was used to (occasionally) use the 'Appear offline' functionality.

Apart from 'Appear away' Skype has a last option that also leaves your status indicator empty/white.

I find this especially helpful when you really need to focus and want to 'slightly divert' colleagues to send you an email who otherwise might have contacted you directly through Teams.

Could you please add that functionality?

103 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Prevent automatic presence / status changes

Please can there be a setting to turn off automatic presence / status changes, and also allow the presence setting to stay the same if Teams is closed or reopened or the computer is restarted. It is very frustrating and disruptive to work that the presence can change automatically by itself

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Skype for Business recorded who attended. Teams does not seem to do so reliably.

Skype for Business recorded who attended. Teams does not seem to do so reliably. e.g. in a recent meeting, the chat shows some people who joined and left but not all. Note that in recurring meetings attendance should be recorded for all occurrences.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Teams user availability status does not show up in outlook.

Skype was linked with Outlook to show Skype user status of everyone in an email. With Skype not signed in,outlook does not shows user status from MS Teams. One has to go manually in MS Teams and search for the persons in email to know their availability status. This feature of skype should be helpful to have in teams also.
    I have attached 2 screenshots - 1. Showing User availability when Skype was signed in and 2. Showing User availability blanked out when Skype was logged out but Teams was signed in.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When sharing your screen, it would be good to have the "show participants" button also available.

When sharing your screen, it would be good to have the "show participants" button also available.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Define & view Location (like we had in Skype)

Location is missing in Teams which we had in Skype.

When I move between my different locations like at office or factory or marketing office or home, it shows where am I (as I defined each). Also it remember home location.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Showing Status with a text

Status of a person should be shown with a text like In a meeting, busy like that.Right now we have to hover over the icon to know this because its difficulat to differentiate between busy and in a meeting status. Other status are easy to identify. Or we can give unique colors to all the status.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Currently not implemented presence states

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    現時点で実装されていないプレゼンスについて
    Currently not implemented presence states

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams にて公開情報には記載されておりますが、現時点で実装されていないプレゼンスがあり、いつ頃実装されるのか不明のため、実装時期の目安を記載してほしい。

There are presence states listed in publicly available information which are not currently implemented, and since it is unknown when they will become available, we would like you to make that information available.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Be able to see status without hoovering

It is very difficult to see someone's real status.

You need to hoover above the profile picture to see if the red dot is busy - in a call - in a meeting etc...

Please make an option to be able to see the status like in skype. It will always show the real status - a red dot can mean multiple things. It's way more rude to write a message during 'in a call' than 'busy'.

Also for the status away it is very annoying that you need to hoover to see for how long the person is away.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I suggest enabling users to upload their own background

I suggest enabling users to upload their own background

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Share desktop and camera at the same time

So that the meeting room can present the desktop screen sharing as well as the video feed of the people in the room. This is probably similar to: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/38860147-allow-pop-out-of-any-window-shared-from-anyone-ca

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to have Do Not Disturb mode

Ability to have Do Not Disturb mode so that team messages would not automatically pop up while sharing screen in a call.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base