Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Users outside the organization can view status messages

Status messages should be implemented with the ability to set the scope of display, such as within an organization or a team

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Lag in status symbol

There is a lag in the status symbol (green for present, red for occupied etc) compared to Skype. Also, I miss the search for contacts under Chat.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Contacts

There needs to be better management for viewing contacts in the chat section. It's really frustrating that even though I have placed different contacts into groups and then I collapse those groups that when I navigate away from the chat section and then come back that all of my groups get automatically expanded.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. External user profile information & edit

Ability to edit External User's information in Teams (in team members, for example): Name (if error was made during invite), Title, Company, Mobile number should be possible. If not in Teams UI then external user AAD information should be editable (or reflect information from the source AAD).

Or: External user should be able to change these in Teams profile per guest-tenant (settings)

Currenly changing external information in AAD does not show in Teams and there is no information about guest user.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Teams presence syncing to OWA presence

Would it be possible to improve the consistency with presence in TEAMS and OWA? We currently have intermittent issues with the presence indicator in Teams not being the same as OWA.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Teams Status

Among the Status options in Teams, it would be good to have “Appear Offline” , in situations when I do not wish to be contacted (just like it was before in skype for business) !

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. disable automatic status

Add option to disable automatic status. I do not want other people to know what I am doing. I would like to see an option that complete disables the automatic status update.

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Need a way to bulk add multiple Team members at once by copying a string of email IDs (separated by a delimiter)

Need a way to bulk add multiple Team members at once by copying a string of email IDs (separated by a delimiter) ;
    At present I have to individually add each and every email Id separately; that's very very time consuming;
    I am surprise Microsoft failed to think about this in the first place.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. screen shot

Request you to please provide an option of taking a snippet like snipping tool. This will help us a lot to make our conversations faster

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Different team members for different channels

I want to have different team members for different channels under one team.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sync "Teams Status" with "GitHub Status"

I just spotted the new feature to add a custom status message to Microsoft Teams. GitHub introduced a similar feature recently. As a customer using both products it would be nice if you could sync those two statuses. Thus, users could manage their status at the preferred app and see other users’ statuses in both environments.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Teams and Skype for Business Don't Communicate Status / Presence

My status / presence (Available, In a Meeting, Presenting, Away, Offline, etc.) does not sync between Skype for Business and Teams. Overall, this is cumbersome when I want to manually change my status, as I have to change it in two places.

Furthermore, this is especially problematic with the "Presenting" and "Do Not Disturb" statuses. When I am sharing my screen in Teams, the "Presenting" / "Do Not Disturb" status is not conveyed to Skype (and vice versa), so pings from Skype will pop up when I am sharing my screen in Teams. This is incredibly disruptive to the audience…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Seen by...

It would be awesome to see who has seen a post, possibly by simply showing that on the post for everyone to see or a bitton (like ”like”) that only states that avspecific person has seen this post or comment.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Usage reporting available to Team Owners (not just IT people)

I can access some information via sharepoint as to the usage on my teams site but not in teams. Why? Is this because I'm not an IT administrator? I need to be able to see who is using the site and how active they are so I can help inspire/educate people to get involved and active on the site. I HATE having to call IT to get usage information...it is crazy.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Opt-out of "Notify when available"

In the previous Skype for Business you had the option to "Tag for Status Updates" and Teams similarly implemented "Notify when available" in the spring of 2019. This has been a big ask for people, but at the same time, it's a feature which in my experience has been ripe for abuse at worst, and encouraging poor etiquette at best. If you've ever gotten 5 messages the moment you sat down and unlocked your PC in Skype for Business, you know what I'm talking about. This feature is also a privacy nightmare, and in environments where there are privacy concerns…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 'Status Unknown' for many users

A large number of users on many of our user's Teams app shows people as 'Status uknown' when these users are actually online, or even actively engaged in a conversation. Fix this!

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Detailed information needed for Teams presence

I would like to have a public information for the presence activity deference based on the event creation method. Specifically, I need detailed information for the differences depending on the following scenarios in case when setting the Register Teams as the chat app for Office option in Teams, or when setting co-existing mode to island mode in Teams admin center.
    1. An event is created from Outlook on the web
    2. An event is created from Outlook client
    3. A Teams meeting is created from Microsoft Teams
    4. A Teams meeting is created from Outlook client

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Like button colour change

Its better to change the color of the like button after liking the messages in Teams. Its very hard to identify whether we liked a content or not.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hide internal users’ icons from external users’ screen in Microsoft Teams

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams において、外部のユーザーには、内部ユーザーのアイコンが表示されないようにしたい。

Hide internal users’ icons from external users’ screen in Microsoft Teams
    ■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams では匿名ユーザーおよびゲストユーザーを招待可能であるかと存じます。その際、外部のユーザーには内部のユーザーのアイコンが閲覧不可 (デフォルトで設定されていたアイコンになるなど) となるよう機能の拡充を希望します。
    アイコンには本人の顔写真が利用されている場合が多く、個人情報の漏洩を懸念しております。

In Microsoft Teams, we are allowed to invite anonymous users or guest users. Which means those external users can also see the internal users’ icons that might include internal users’ head shots or other personal information.

To prevent the leakage of personal information, I hope the feature will be introduced to restrict external users from seeing internal users’ icons (displaying the default icon instead).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. More focus on external contacts

Overall the Teams approach seems to be focused on collaboration with internal or company peers. For people who spend more than 50% of their time working externally the overall usability of teams features seems like this isn't a priority scenario.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.