Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Wrong presence info on iOS app

Desktop app showing people are away (correct), but iOS app showing them incorrectly as available.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Chat

All the chats that I had added to my Favorites disappeared after I came back from vacation. Presumably, this is because chats are auto-hidden after an expiration time of some kind? I was able to find the chats by searching for the people.

My suggestion is to persist the chats indefinitely in the Favorites list by default. And let the user decide whether they want to Hide the chat or remove it from the Favorites list.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Remove "status unknown" or add time like with away or offline

Sometimes status is shown as status unknown instead of offline, not sure exactly what it means but judging from what I've seen it could just mean the user is offline.

Ideally I think this status should be removed since either Teams has contact with the user and can determine the status or contact can not be established and then the user is offline (a status which you have).

If it for some reason can not be removed then I think you should at least change it so that you can see time since last activity. The same way as with…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Status Updates on Poeples Avatar area slow or not working

When changing the Status from available to busy or away, the other Chat Partner can see this 3 Minutes after the Change or you can force if you jump a bit between your own contacts. Sometimes this helps.

Then the next issue is if this Status has been changed it will just Change in the favorite sidebar on the left side. When you hover over this it will give you the vcard which Shows still available (green) for example. Also on the Right side on the top the same behaviour. The Status doesn't Change. It stays with Available (green).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. How do I "invite" an SME to any specific thread without having to add as a member or guest to the whole group?

I would like to invite an SME to a specific thread to collaboratively solve a problem. I wouldn't want to add the SME to the group. As a colleague, I would like to invite the SME to provide his/her input to the thread, gain context and provide a reply to it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Can you show me how I can create a work group?, I need my staff can reach me when I am in do not disturb mode!

Can you show me how I can create a work group?, I need my staff can reach me when I am in do not disturb mode!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Sort Teams members by joining date

In Members interface, add a sortable "Join date" column.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Displaying Wrong Presence in SFB when Logging in Teams . Though the user is offline it shows as Available

When you are using Teams along with SFB ... It shows wrong presence in SFB. When you are Sign out from the SFB it still shows as Available in SFB.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allowing Planner Access / Sync With member Who Aren't Part Of The Team

Hi all.

Is there a way to share/engage with an employee within the business around a task created in the planner tab without necessarily adding that person to the team or channel in which the task was created?

For example, I am in Marketing so obviously part of the Marketing team. I am creating a design for a magazine advert for someone in the HR team. I don't really want them as part of my Marketing team or design channel within the Marketing team as they may get confused and bombarded with stuff they need not see. However, at task…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. You must be able to remove everything in the conversation.

You must be able to remove everything in the conversation. To show that you delete and add names in the TEAMS group do not fill in any function. Then you must also be able to change the Welcome picture.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Show Status Time on hover

When you open a chat with someone who is away and hover on over thier picture in the chat pane it will say something like "12m ago" for when they were last active. However, when you hover over the same profile picture in your chat list in the left pane, it just says "Away". Please add the time away on that hover as well.

It would be nice if there was an option to show the away time without hovering over the user like Skype For business's contact list that shows "<name> - Away 22m ago"

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. switch status from taskbar

I want to change my status from the taskbar.
    I now can only see my current status when I right klick the icon in the taskbar. Would be nice to be able to switch status right in that context menu without having to start teams just for that

BR

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Provide the ability to view the whole company organisational structure.

Provide the ability to view the whole company organisational structure, not just who i report into or who reports into me. At times we get asked to look a the structure to check if its correct and a single view would be great. Yes there are 3rd party tools but I don't see why this cant just be an inherent feature as partial views are already shown.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow to permanently hide the "out of office" banner

Everytime someone changes his status to Away in calendar (holidays...), this banner appears in each conversation where this person is. The banner appears automatically few seconds after having selected the conversation, even if it as been closed earlier. It's really boring... Please allow to remove this banner until next unavailability of this person. Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow all users to be able to see who has seen a post @ the bottom of the recent message

Allow all users to be able to see who has seen a post @ the bottom of the recent message

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Company directory information should be available from within teams.

It would be nice to see information on other employees from the contact card in teams. For example, mailing address, phone numbers, etc. Sometimes I need to send something to someone or find their mobile number and I need to leave teams where I do my other communication to get that info.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Group Teams

I have one team created in outlook teams, but this team does not appear in the Microsoft Teams, but if i create it in Microsoft Teams it will create it in outlook teams.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Identify a person with his/her area of expertise

Is there any way to identify people with a characteristic? For example, I want to associate a person to a characteristic / area of expertise. Is there any way to do it?
    Furthermore, is there any way to customize / add areas of expertise?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base