Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Skype for Business shows available even if client is not running

At the moment it seems that if you are running Teams client, but have Skype for Business client turned off, Skype for Business is still showing the available status. I suspect this issue appeared with the unified presence.

I would expect SfB showing offline, if I have that client off. At least until the co-existence is working properly that Skype messages would reach me at Teams. Now I'm receiving "you've missed a conversation" emails, because I'm actually not online on Skype for Business.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "/org" command doesn't work for entire org

"/org" command doesn't work for entire org.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add an option not to change status based on calendar information

Teams automatically changes your presence to "In a meeting" any time there is something on your calendar. When it sets this it also overrides any presence setting made in Skype for business and it will not allow you to change the presence in Skype until you have set the presence in Teams manually to Available. In Skype for Business this was an option that we did not use for most of our employees as many of them have items on their calendar that have nothing to do with if they are actually available on their device to receive messages. There…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. External users have difficulty joining the team.

I've invited external users several times, (external users are allowed for Teams in the Office365 settings). The Teams app allows me to add users, sends them an email with a link, but when they click the link, launching their Teams app, an error pops up saying that they need to be invited to Teams. Although... they just clicked on an invitation link.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Cross company integration

I'm working a company where we use teams and now deployed to a client place on contract. But I cannot collaborate with my client company colleagues due to organizational restrictions. This is crippling me.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The ability to set availability per team differently from global

Sure would be groovy to have a global availability option and then something more granular for individual teams. For example, appear busy to the masses, but for Team XYZ (my immediate crew) appear available.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. presence indicator chat and other features

Ideally with skype the presence indicator context dialog shows different option including chat. With Teams presence indicator is not showing it correctly first and secondly the chat option is disabled. This is a basic feature people look for to quickly launch the chat window and start a conversation from mail. Please let me know if this is in road map

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. For Technical Support

There is always a voice of busyness in Technical Support Number. Can you make it more easy for the people.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Do Not Disturb unexpectedly changes to Available

I set myself to "Do Not Disturb"
    I send a message or a chat.
    Teams decides I'm available, and changes me to "Available."
    NO, DND means JUST THAT. Please STOP changing my availability!

193 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Once your tenant is using UPS (unified presence service), you should no longer have issues where DND changes back to available.

If you are on UPS, and are experiencing this issue, it would be super helpful if you can capture logs by typing Ctrl + Shift + Alt + 1, and send the file from your downloads folder along with any details to teamsml@microsoft.com.

Thanks all!

12. After a user adds a profile pic, it doesn't always appear next to their name in chat and in channels.

It appears to work if they immediately added their photo before participating in communication. Maybe the system is caching their initials (the no-photo icon) and not refreshing for an updated photo?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. See team members and status on channel conversation page

Similar to other chat apps (e.g. HipChat) show the members of a team on each channel message page on a sidebar (right side?)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Reject invite person who don't have teams license inside organization

Organization doesn't 100% people must have Office Teams license, right now even those person who doesn't have Teams license in hybrid environment within organization still can be invited. But eventually those people doesn't know being invited, and even go access by team code, finally is rejected due to license issue.

Option whether it can provide login as guest within organization itself, or it reject while Teams select those person who doesn't have team license within organization

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Teams gives us suggestions for new team members. But I would like to remove a or all suggestions when I don't want to invite them.

Instead of keeping suggested team members floating in the column I should be able to ignore or delete them. Now we are only able to favorite or pin them. I would like them to remove altogether. It would be even better to be able to disable Suggestions.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Directory Lookup must have same behavior as Skype

Today when you search for one person on search bar at TEAMS, it's looking for messages.
    If the user is already known user , TEAMS shows correctly. If not, we need click persons tab to get person we are looking for.

On Skype, we get all users from Global Directory and we can see all users corresponding the lookup and immediately the presence of these persons is available.

On Teams, serach is complicate and presence information is also complicate to get as we need to click on the person and then we can get presence information.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Move the Away timer next to the user in 'Chat'

Move the Away timer in 'Chat to be next to the user's name. Our supervisors use this in Skype for Business to keep track of people taking long lunches, but in Teams you have to hover over a username to see the Away time.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Better people visibility on teams

1. When you add participants to an event, even inactive users show up. That should be fixed.

2. Would be great to have a people section to easily scroll through all people, even better to filter by availability.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Go offline without logging out

I want to be able to set both the desktop and mobile apps to show me as offline but don’t leave me in a state where in need to fully authenticate again. I don’t want people to think I’m avIlable for chat if I’m actually off work. At least S4B remembered my credentials when I signed out go offline; Teams requires several steps to re-login with the same creds I used last time.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I was looking for a way to find online status of our employees. We use this for the receptionist to see who is available for calls / questi

We used Skype for our receptionist(s) convenience.
    We look at who is online at their desk - who is marked away (lunch, breaks and so on. I am not sure this product is what we need to use it for. We keep all of our co-workers on a visible contact list it shows their on line status. That way we don't have to chase around the office trying to find someone. Any suggestions

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base