Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show presence when adding people to an existing call

When adding additional users to an existing call, it would be extremely useful to see their presence status. Right now I have to go to "Chat" and search for the person to see their status before calling them. It would be very helpful to be able to see someone is away or busy right from the add participants interface.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams presence API

The goal is to have Teams presence API improved for developers to implement better interoperability and synchronization with other applications with user presence like Contact and Call Centers
    - Subscribing Teams presence for all organization users
    - Changing Teams user’s presence on behalf of the users using impersonation
    - Receiving a notification when Teams users’ presence changes (Available, DND, Busy, Off work) and when users’ call states change “In-a-Call”, “In-a-Meeting”

The similar presence integration is already available for Skype for Business (UCMA) https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skype-sdk/ucma/unified-communications-managed-api-ucma-5-0-sdk-documentation

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Custom Status

Give the user the capability to define their own custom status text with a list of icons they can pick from to display with it.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Blynclight for Microsoft Teams

Expose user presence in Microsoft Teams through an API so that the Embrava Blynclight can subscribe to the current users status and display this status on the Blynclight.

www.embrava.com

907 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

205 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The team is happy to announce that this functionality is now available through the Presence Graph API which is now in public Beta! We have additional functionality planned for the API so please keep checking back for updates.

Please note that this is a beta version of the API and may be subject to change. Use of these APIs in production applications is not supported.

- Online documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/presence?view=graph-rest-beta

Enjoy!

5. Users Presence Activity Log

With a lot of users working from home there is a need for an audit log to know when the users change the status of their availability, away, busy, etc...

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/users-presence-activity-log/m-p/1286078

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. A function for user to set preferred time intervals to switch presence status

It would be great if users can set their preferred time intervals till their presence status become Away.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. User presence reports

We would like to run presence reports on individual users. Also, we would like to schedule the reports to run automatically.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Set an optional clock / schedule option to modify status. Noon Away - 5 PM Away - ETC

Set an optional clock / schedule option to modify status. Noon Away - 5 PM Away - ETC

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Let us control how many minutes pass before our status is set to Away.

Other software can do this. Let us control how many minutes pass before our status changes.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Custom Status Message API

One can currently set a custom status message for when someone sends you a chat or mentions you in a channel. Please provide an administrative control to disable this by policy. And/or allow for the custom status message to be cleared/set by PowerShell or Graph API.

Use case: In the EDU sector students can (and do) abuse this with inappropriate status messages. Currently, the only control is an Acceptable Use Policy, and to clear it requires taking control of the account and manually clearing it.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow users to display status message only in private chat/DMs

Currently when you check "show when people message me" checkbox in status message settings, it displays your status message when someone opens a chat window with you, but it also displays the message in all the group chats that you're in.

I want a way for users to set a status message that'll only be displayed when someone is sending a private message to a user.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Extend time out

extending time is a valuable feature. I sometimes work on 2 computers and they both need to know I am present.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. "Away from keyboard" status

During a long meeting, sometimes you have to be away for some minutes. It would be nice to have a status like "away for keyboard" or "will be back soon" to show that you had to be absent for a short time. Similar to the "hand raised" function.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Additional Settings for the Status Option

Currently the only setting available for Status is the ability to change whether you'd like individuals to see your comment or for you to see theirs. Would love an additional setting where I could determine when the status switches from Active to Away and set a time limit. For example, change status to Away when user has been idle for XX minutes. Currently, if I'm working in another program my status will switch to Away even if I'm still at my computer working. This gives the impression to my boss that I'm not actively working. Another option would be to…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Status in Teams should change across all 365 apps

When the status is changed in Teams, this should then reflect across all other Office 365 apps, Outlook for example and vice a versa.

Currently, when the user changes their status in Teams, this does not change the status in other apps.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Teams showing away while still active on the device.

Recently, Teams has started showing our users Away when they are active on the device, but have been inactive in Teams for more than 5 minutes or so. Our company is now working 95% from home and having this incorrect status is misleading to not only our colleagues, but also to our managers. I understand that this is similar to other posts but I wanted to emphasize that the implications of Teams changing the presence of users and showing away while working can negatively impact a manager's perception of their employees' work ethic while working remotely.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Last Seen - Optional

There should be a privacy setting that allows masking of "last seen" to viewers.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Better presentations

Today it is very boring to listen to a ppt presentation over teams since the presentation is the tool and the presenter is not in focus. A presentation should be a support to a presenter. I want to have the option to be able to appear like the attached picture to be a more active part of the presentation.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Status option

There should be an option provided to select and set one particular status and it should remain same until changed manually (the way skype provides option to set availability).
    Also, timeline to set away status should be changeable.
    Sometimes app displays the duration for how long the person is away and sometime it just displays away status. This should be controllable.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. List of attendees/non-attendees

I love the ability to get a structure for the meeting in OneNote (list of attendees, link to meeting, etc) BUT would be great to have here who actually attended and who did not. Right now we have to go through the list and work out who attended/didn't attend. Would be fantastic if Teams/OneNote could do this for us.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base