Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Animated hair styles (filter)

As many are dealing with huge challenges presented by COVID-19, this probably ranks low on the list. However, without access to a qualified hair stylist and left with a choice between a bad self-inflicted haircut or out-of-control shagginess, it would be nice if Teams offered a virtual hair style (aka filter) to pick from

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Custom Status Message API

One can currently set a custom status message for when someone sends you a chat or mentions you in a channel. Please provide an administrative control to disable this by policy. And/or allow for the custom status message to be cleared/set by PowerShell or Graph API.

Use case: In the EDU sector students can (and do) abuse this with inappropriate status messages. Currently, the only control is an Acceptable Use Policy, and to clear it requires taking control of the account and manually clearing it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. User presence reports

We would like to run presence reports on individual users. Also, we would like to schedule the reports to run automatically.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Skype for Business recorded who attended. Teams does not seem to do so reliably.

Skype for Business recorded who attended. Teams does not seem to do so reliably. e.g. in a recent meeting, the chat shows some people who joined and left but not all. Note that in recurring meetings attendance should be recorded for all occurrences.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Visibility of teams custom status messages

knowing your other team members status (ESP. CUSTOM STATUS MESSAGES) ARE CRITICAL for the way we utilize this application at our business. It is an annoyance you have to hover over someone's icon/status color/etc. to see their custom status message. It would be fantastic if you could always see what is says. Instead of seeing what the last message was (under the chats tab), you see their custom status message.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Groups Contact list

The ability to add AAD or AD synced Mail Enabled Security groups or Office 365 Groups in contacts. This functionality is available in S4B. It needs to be added to Teams so contacts are dynamically added in Teams contacts list under groups like departments.

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. When sharing your screen, it would be good to have the "show participants" button also available.

When sharing your screen, it would be good to have the "show participants" button also available.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. In Call (Mobile) Presence When In Cellular Call

I am not sure if this is possible, but it would be wonderful for presence within MS Teams to reflect availability or presence based on whether or not a user is active on their phone -- and in particular if the user is in a cellular call.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Better visibility for custom Status Message

The new status message feature is great, but it lacks visibility to other users. It would be much more useful to make it visible in the chat area user list, rather than having to hover over a user to find it in the drop down. It would also be great to have it anywhere you can see user presence.

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Change status to away when computer is locked

When I lock my computer, automatically change my status to away. I don't expect the web version to be able to do this but the client should be able to.

274 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Background/foreground

Hi
    Now that we can get a nice background - I would really appreciate getting filters for foreground, ie myself, like snapchat filters, and preferably selection of clothing, hair, make up, different styles etc!

Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Teams presence API

The goal is to have Teams presence API improved for developers to implement better interoperability and synchronization with other applications with user presence like Contact and Call Centers
    - Subscribing Teams presence for all organization users
    - Changing Teams user’s presence on behalf of the users using impersonation
    - Receiving a notification when Teams users’ presence changes (Available, DND, Busy, Off work) and when users’ call states change “In-a-Call”, “In-a-Meeting”

The similar presence integration is already available for Skype for Business (UCMA) https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skype-sdk/ucma/unified-communications-managed-api-ucma-5-0-sdk-documentation

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Presence in Outlook

Currently presence does not work in Outlook without the Skype client installed, please resolve that issue

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Prevent automatic presence / status changes

Please can there be a setting to turn off automatic presence / status changes, and also allow the presence setting to stay the same if Teams is closed or reopened or the computer is restarted. It is very frustrating and disruptive to work that the presence can change automatically by itself

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. In A Call presence whenever audio is in use

When joining a meeting or group call with audio on Mute, presence will only indicate In A Meeting. Even after Unmute, the presence remains In A Meeting versus In A Call.
    Indicating In A Call is preferred whenever audio is active (regardless of mute condition) during a meeting or group call.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Teams user availability status does not show up in outlook.

Skype was linked with Outlook to show Skype user status of everyone in an email. With Skype not signed in,outlook does not shows user status from MS Teams. One has to go manually in MS Teams and search for the persons in email to know their availability status. This feature of skype should be helpful to have in teams also.
    I have attached 2 screenshots - 1. Showing User availability when Skype was signed in and 2. Showing User availability blanked out when Skype was logged out but Teams was signed in.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to add multiple status messages from which to choose

Normally I set myself on "busy" and add a status indicating that if someone needs urgent feedback, must mention or indicate "urgent". But when I'm really away, I'd like to choose another status message, for example. The way status stating is now, obliges me to keep a desktop sticky note with the statuses for me to change when needed :/

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I suggest enabling users to upload their own background

I suggest enabling users to upload their own background

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Set status to "Busy" or "In a call" when the microphone or webcam is being used by another application

Sometimes you have to join a customer or vendor meeting using another collaboration app, such as Zoom or Webex. It would be nice if Teams could recognize your microphone and/or webcam is in use by another program and automatically set your status to "In a call" or "Busy."

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base