Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.   

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams status options

It's really bothering me that the status is becoming very inconvenient. I think it was working fine before, maybe Teams is updated recently. Now, when I'm not actively in Teams for a while but using other applications on my laptop, Teams will show my status as away or even offline for many times. The status option needs to customize options.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Override System Status Setting: Remove Automatic Idle Mode

Now that I work from home the majority of my time I'm available but if I step away for a bit to attend some other things it goes to Idle mode to quickly. I like to be available all day unless I have a meeting of course then it can change to busy in a meeting. Otherwise, why does it change to Away when I'm still available? I like how Skype for Business has the option to set your presence regardless of what the system settings are and we can adjust the time to change our presence if we want.…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. "Away from keyboard" status

During a long meeting, sometimes you have to be away for some minutes. It would be nice to have a status like "away for keyboard" or "will be back soon" to show that you had to be absent for a short time. Similar to the "hand raised" function.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Pause screen and mute mic

Introduce a single button which instantly pauses your screen and mutes your mic in order to scream at the top of your lungs. Once you have returned to (semi) normality, you can then press the button again to un-pause and unmute.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. User presence reports

We would like to run presence reports on individual users. Also, we would like to schedule the reports to run automatically.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. audio + name pronunciation

I have many team members who have politely changed their names to make it easier for teammates to pronounce them. To support a more inclusive environment, I'd like an audio recording option to be available so that team members can record the correct pronunciation of their names and these audio files are available to play for any team member who needs a refresher on pronunciation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Like Backgrounds, have customizable banner in the Foreground, where you can have your contact and company information

We have many Sales people using Teams now, and when they interact with customers, it would look more professional if we could put a customizable banner in front of them with the company logo, their name and contact info, similar to what you see when someone is broadcasting the news. We can put it on a background today, but all lettering in the backgrounds always have a slightly blurry appearance on Teams.

In the example attached, we have a background on the left, with our salesperson using the space on the right, and would like the banner and the company…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Function to unlink Presence between Teams and Outlook

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams と Outlook のプレゼンスを連携させない機能
    Function to unlink Presence between Teams and Outlook

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams と Outlook のプレゼンスの状態を連携させない機能を提供してほしい。
    現在は、共存モードの設定などにより連携されないようにできるようだが、将来的に Skype for Business が廃止された後、どのような動作になるのかが不明である。
    予定管理のために Outlook の予定表に登録している予定のために、Microsoft Teams 側のプレゼンスが取り込み中になってしまうなど、Microsoft Teams と Outlook 間で、プレゼンスが連携される必要がないケースもあるので、連携しないようにする機能を提供してほしい。

Please add a way to unlink the Presence functions of Teams and Outlook.
    Currently, it is possible to accomplish this using coexistence mode settings etc., but if in future Skype for Business is discontinued, it is unclear what will become of this.
    To prepare for the future, there are cases where we do not need the Presence functions of Teams and Outlook to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Change Teams Presence when another VoIP application accesses mic/speaker/camera

Please allow Teams to change presence status to 'busy' ect, when another 3rd party VoIP (Zoom, Ringcentral, WebEx,Skype) tool accesses mic/camera. Often external contacts require us to use their collaboration tool that is not integrated into Outlook Calendar presence. This will help sync actual user activity and pretense with Teams availability.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Last Seen - Optional

There should be a privacy setting that allows masking of "last seen" to viewers.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. List of attendees/non-attendees

I love the ability to get a structure for the meeting in OneNote (list of attendees, link to meeting, etc) BUT would be great to have here who actually attended and who did not. Right now we have to go through the list and work out who attended/didn't attend. Would be fantastic if Teams/OneNote could do this for us.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. AFK Icon to trigger like the raise hand icon

Like the raise hand icon, I would like to have an "away from keyboard" icon. So that when I am away during a call, the other participant notice it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Be able to adjust when status shows as away (i.e. 5min, 10, 15,etc.)

Be able to adjust when status shows as away (i.e. 5min, 10, 15,etc.)

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Teams showing away while still active on the device.

Recently, Teams has started showing our users Away when they are active on the device, but have been inactive in Teams for more than 5 minutes or so. Our company is now working 95% from home and having this incorrect status is misleading to not only our colleagues, but also to our managers. I understand that this is similar to other posts but I wanted to emphasize that the implications of Teams changing the presence of users and showing away while working can negatively impact a manager's perception of their employees' work ethic while working remotely.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Scheduled Status Change

It would be very useful to be able to set an ongoing Status change, such as a set daily lunch time

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to Modify You Name

The ability to modify your name. So many people rely on the name that is displayed and for many, like myself, my first name does not appear because I have a long last name. I am called the incorrect name not only by new colleagues but even by colleagues that do know my name because it has become a crutch to look at the display name.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. During a meeting, the ability to mark yourself temporarily away from your desk

Similar to a hand-raise, it would be nice to be able to mark yourself temporarily away from your desk during a meeting (for a bio break, to grab another cup of coffee, etc). Would be less intrusive than a chat message to the entire group.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Stop tracking my every waking moment! Give me a way permanently set my online status to any state so I can get lunch once in awhile!!

See title. Stop broadcasting my availability to the world so I can actually get some work done.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Have a different ICON display when on a call

Currently the red dot represents 2 functions. It means busy or on a call. We would like to have a separate icon for being on a call, for example a red phone icon. This will help users identify quickly if someone is on the phone.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Minimise participant gallery

Especially on mobile allow minimisation of participant gallery. I’m often in calls with over 30 participants (mostly people who I know), the majority of whom have their camera turned off. I don’t want to see their participant placeholder image. It takes up space on the screen. This goes together with the suggested solution to select which participant or participants (for a panel event) you would like to pin or spotlight.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base