Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 是否能新增一個請假並顯示代理人的功能?

是否能新增一個請假(有請假期間更好)並顯示代理人的功能?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Contact information states that user is not licesnsed for this feature.

When licensed for E3, hovering over a contact's name, then phone receiver displays a message that the user is not licensed for this feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. name

Allow me to customize my name, overwriting AD format.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Advanced Check In - Check Out with Inclusive Org Chart Support

The Org Chart feature populated by AD is AWESOME!!! Having it well integrated with a check in/out feature would make the Teams mobile app so efficient for SMBs like ours. Our President has been asking for a custom "company directory/check in check out" mobile app that we would develop internally for years. Since Teams is all about collaboration across the organization, I am also picturing the integration of the online presence baked in this. If Out of the Office Assistant is also right there with it, that would be cherry on top!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Wrong presence info on iOS app

Desktop app showing people are away (correct), but iOS app showing them incorrectly as available.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Move the Away timer next to the user in 'Chat'

Move the Away timer in 'Chat to be next to the user's name. Our supervisors use this in Skype for Business to keep track of people taking long lunches, but in Teams you have to hover over a username to see the Away time.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. time zone status

Our Teams members travel between different time zones often.

Aside from knowing the status of my Team member, knowing in which time zone they currently reside would be beneficial.

Especially, being able to see the time zones for all the team members on the team members tab.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Status Updates on Poeples Avatar area slow or not working

When changing the Status from available to busy or away, the other Chat Partner can see this 3 Minutes after the Change or you can force if you jump a bit between your own contacts. Sometimes this helps.

Then the next issue is if this Status has been changed it will just Change in the favorite sidebar on the left side. When you hover over this it will give you the vcard which Shows still available (green) for example. Also on the Right side on the top the same behaviour. The Status doesn't Change. It stays with Available (green).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add User Current Timezone as Part of Status

With team members traveling and often located across the world, it would be great to have an indicator of what timezone they are currently located in. Ideally, this would be based on their geographical location. If MSFT tracks this via internet connect or some other means, it would be great to display it as part of status or when hovering over the name/icon.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. How do I "invite" an SME to any specific thread without having to add as a member or guest to the whole group?

I would like to invite an SME to a specific thread to collaboratively solve a problem. I wouldn't want to add the SME to the group. As a colleague, I would like to invite the SME to provide his/her input to the thread, gain context and provide a reply to it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Can you show me how I can create a work group?, I need my staff can reach me when I am in do not disturb mode!

Can you show me how I can create a work group?, I need my staff can reach me when I am in do not disturb mode!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Chat

All the chats that I had added to my Favorites disappeared after I came back from vacation. Presumably, this is because chats are auto-hidden after an expiration time of some kind? I was able to find the chats by searching for the people.

My suggestion is to persist the chats indefinitely in the Favorites list by default. And let the user decide whether they want to Hide the chat or remove it from the Favorites list.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Displaying Wrong Presence in SFB when Logging in Teams . Though the user is offline it shows as Available

When you are using Teams along with SFB ... It shows wrong presence in SFB. When you are Sign out from the SFB it still shows as Available in SFB.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allowing Planner Access / Sync With member Who Aren't Part Of The Team

Hi all.

Is there a way to share/engage with an employee within the business around a task created in the planner tab without necessarily adding that person to the team or channel in which the task was created?

For example, I am in Marketing so obviously part of the Marketing team. I am creating a design for a magazine advert for someone in the HR team. I don't really want them as part of my Marketing team or design channel within the Marketing team as they may get confused and bombarded with stuff they need not see. However, at task…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Lag In Presence/Status Update

The presence update is laggy, even in very simple scenarios. I made a call which changed me to "On a Call", then hung up. It took about a minute after the call for my icon to change back to Available. Strangely, I could see the correct status if I pulled up my profile.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. You must be able to remove everything in the conversation.

You must be able to remove everything in the conversation. To show that you delete and add names in the TEAMS group do not fill in any function. Then you must also be able to change the Welcome picture.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Go offline without logging out

I want to be able to set both the desktop and mobile apps to show me as offline but don’t leave me in a state where in need to fully authenticate again. I don’t want people to think I’m avIlable for chat if I’m actually off work. At least S4B remembered my credentials when I signed out go offline; Teams requires several steps to re-login with the same creds I used last time.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow to permanently hide the "out of office" banner

Everytime someone changes his status to Away in calendar (holidays...), this banner appears in each conversation where this person is. The banner appears automatically few seconds after having selected the conversation, even if it as been closed earlier. It's really boring... Please allow to remove this banner until next unavailability of this person. Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sort Teams members by joining date

In Members interface, add a sortable "Join date" column.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base