Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Company directory information should be available from within teams.

It would be nice to see information on other employees from the contact card in teams. For example, mailing address, phone numbers, etc. Sometimes I need to send something to someone or find their mobile number and I need to leave teams where I do my other communication to get that info.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. See team membership when you are posting

I am often unsure who is in a group. In WhatsApp the names are written at the top so I can be reminded of who is in and who is out. This helps as I write messages and is vital for sensitive communication.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Teams is like a cacophony of text. I don't think there's a way to make it better. I still miss the days where I didn't have a mobile phone

I still miss the days where I didn't have a mobile phone. If people wanted to reach me, they'd leave a message on my answering machine and I'd call them back at my leisure. Can we bring that back?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It would be nice to be able to edit the image for individual Teams - so we could embed a jpeg or similar

Let us replace the 2 character Block associated with individual teams and replace with an image or Avatar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Help!

All too often Teams doesn't show me anyone's availability. Just completely white on everyone but me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. display profile image

If you have a number of contacts that you engage with during the day, it would be helpful to have a setting where the profile image does not display next to the name. This saves the need to scroll quite as much. I know you can search for the too but..

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I am unable to load Microsoft FTE's and extended employees onto Teams, pls assist?

I am unable to load Microsoft FTE's and extended employees onto Teams, pls assist?
    When we create a team for consumption or other project we are not able to include the relevant MS team members key to the outcome.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I can't edit a wiki because I AM (as in another me) is editing it? FIX THIS PLEASE!

Not an idea, just a fix...
    I tried logging out all microsoft platforms, clearing my cache, and restarting my computer. But nothing worked...

I still can't edit the wiki I NEED to edit!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Filter OCS users from appearing in the Teams Peoplepicker

When you have a mixed environment rollout where some users need to remain using OCS we need to be able to filter them out from Teams in the people picker.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Chatting someone that isn't available

When I try to chat w/someone in Skype that isn't at work, it'll tell me that they are unavailable. It says, [name of person] can't receive IMs right now. Status is unavailable or offline.

Teams doesn't seem to tell you anyone's status reliably.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make Teams more fun and less horribly corporate and evil

In corporate settings, still allow me to be choose a friendly display name (but keep all the corporate **** attached to my profile). Or at least allow me to truncate my name to First and Last Initial, e.g., Bill J. or Sarah B.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Under Chat, add option to view "all" of the users.

There seems to be no way to view all available users. Under Chat there is Recent and Suggested - would be great if there was also an option for "All".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Show Status Time on hover

When you open a chat with someone who is away and hover on over thier picture in the chat pane it will say something like "12m ago" for when they were last active. However, when you hover over the same profile picture in your chat list in the left pane, it just says "Away". Please add the time away on that hover as well.

It would be nice if there was an option to show the away time without hovering over the user like Skype For business's contact list that shows "<name> - Away 22m ago"

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Link from user card to that user's entry in Office 365 admin

As an Office 365 Admin, I just realised it would be incredibly helpful to go from /who "who is joe bloggs" and then go straight to his user entry in Office 365 Admin so I could look someone up, find out who he works for, then skip over to alter his account, licences, etc. It's probably a pretty niche request but it would be quite cool to be able to do it. Especially if you're in the org chart view and you are spotting things that need to be changed, you could just open them right up and change the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Remove "status unknown" or add time like with away or offline

Sometimes status is shown as status unknown instead of offline, not sure exactly what it means but judging from what I've seen it could just mean the user is offline.

Ideally I think this status should be removed since either Teams has contact with the user and can determine the status or contact can not be established and then the user is offline (a status which you have).

If it for some reason can not be removed then I think you should at least change it so that you can see time since last activity. The same way as with…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Customize Availablity

I would like the ability to change my availability to a custom message. We have people who are working but in a different location or offsite. This ability would allow people to better recognize "how" available someone is.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Mention people of the company but not included to the team

Sometimes we need to ask something to a person who is not member of the team. It could be vey helpful if we can mention a person on a conversation, that person could read and answer the message but not see anything else.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. make it possible to see who is in each channel

make it possible to see who is in each channel, so you can know how you notify when you mention a channel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.