Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Let Group Owner View Member Login Activity

As a group owner, I'd like to be able to see member login analytics including the last date/time that a member logged in.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams status issues

Changing status is very slow. Sometimes it takes 30 seconds or more for our statuses to change. Also many times other users statuses are a white circle even though I am actively chatting with them.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show Status Time on hover

When you open a chat with someone who is away and hover on over thier picture in the chat pane it will say something like "12m ago" for when they were last active. However, when you hover over the same profile picture in your chat list in the left pane, it just says "Away". Please add the time away on that hover as well.

It would be nice if there was an option to show the away time without hovering over the user like Skype For business's contact list that shows "<name> - Away 22m ago"

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Person Daily Schedule/Work hours on Hover Card

A very useful feature for people would be the ability to hover over a person and see their schedule/work hours for the day. A lot of times, we want to chat with someone and status isn't enough. We would like to see if they are in the office, meeting or have one or more meetings coming up. Saves a ton of time.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Right now, the status has no value as people do not change it often. It's frustrating because it doesn't provide real information!

It also gives you a negative impression of those who are always away or busy, even if subconsciously. I think you have the potential to make something so significantly better with this small change! Perhaps a timer for away status based on movement/keystrokes, or synced to calendar appointments.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Group Teams

I have one team created in outlook teams, but this team does not appear in the Microsoft Teams, but if i create it in Microsoft Teams it will create it in outlook teams.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. show people in Channel

Show people in a channel/group visible and their status.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. In team chat 10 persons , only 4 persons are in the screen. How to bring all the 10 persons ? Any solution .

How to bring all the participants in the screen if there are more than 10

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Syncronize exchange and teams so that calendars sync to the user's status

Can we get the ability to see a calendar item title on smeone's status as well as marking them busy if they have an item in their outlook calendar? Cisco Jabber does this.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Presence Status in Tray Icon

Have an indicator on the Teams taskbar icon and tray icon that indicates your current status

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow someone to put in times of availability and during that time it should show that the person is available even when idle.

Allow someone to put in times of availability and during that time it should show that the person is available even when idle.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. "Gamification" functionality, Rewards,

It would be great if there can be some "gamification" functionality to reward activity and participation in relation to task completion.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. automated away replies

Add the ability to state that you’re away on teams...ideally by integrating with the outlook feature or on its own

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add Members from Address Book

There is a similar feature in Yammer, where I can add members from an existing Address Book in a CVS format. Let us do that in Teams too!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Customize Availablity

I would like the ability to change my availability to a custom message. We have people who are working but in a different location or offsite. This ability would allow people to better recognize "how" available someone is.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Log out and all Teams does is log in again ... WTF???

So, I figure out a way to "log out" and all Teams wants to do is present a login dialog! WTF? When I leave, I want to leave! Is this some setting/behavior that employers want? Who knows? Back when we used Skype for Business, when I logged out - that was it. But Teams seems eerily 'sticky' and to keep me 'connected' in spite of MY preferences and my personal time. While you are at it - when I am 'Away' you should suppress messages and report to the originator that I am in fact 'Away'. But I guess none…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Put Presence Text on Contact Popup

Presence (text) doesn't appear anywhere except on mouseover for a split second before the contact card pops up.

This needs to be addressed even without having other presence enhancements because until some of the other problems are fixed, most orgs using Teams will still rely on Teams PLUS their other corporate collaboration tool, and have to juggle what "yellow" means. Once better Presence/Status options are in place, this is a no-brainer.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. A home screen when the application opens or done with a conversation.

The first screen that shows once you open the app would be a "home page". Currently, when you open the app, your last chat is on the screen. I don't want to keep chats open all the time if the conversations are done. This home page could be simple... " What would you like to do? ... with icons for Chat, video call, audio call, Conference, etc"

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Notify when session has expired and I need to log in again

Often I will open Teams from the notification area only to discover my session has expired and I need to log in again. I never know how long I was signed out and unable to receive messages.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Availability Schedule

It would be great to setup our availability in teams (like they have in slack). Like we could setup our working hours so we don't receive notification outiste working hours. Right now if I do not want to receive notifications (on my phone) I need to manually set me in away.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base