Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have Call Queue Agent status in a Dashboard or Power BI report

The Auto Attendant/Call Queue Historical Report is great, but there is no data on the agent status in the queues, such as which agents are Opted In or Out.
    If there was a separate report that I could run that would retrieve the agent status in the queues, or a dashboard that I could set up that would allow my managers a "one stop shop" feature of seeing who in in what queue at that point in time.

Right now, managers have to go to each channel individually, click on the calls tab and scroll through the agent lists. The…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Walkie Talkie feature on iOS

The recent Walkie Talkie feature is available on Android devices, I would like to see this also on iOS devices.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Move user videos to top of screen

Most laptop and workstations have cameras mounted on top of the screen, while videos and picrures of participants are currently presented at the bottom of the screen, leaving everyone looking down.

I'd suggest moving the pictures and videos to the top leaving people looking more into the camera.

113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sort Speed Dial contacts alphabetically in enhanced Teams Calling experience

The enhanced Teams Calling experience (MC229945) displays Speed Dial contacts in the order they are added. It would be helpful to sort them alphabetically.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Call Handling - Internal Teams Calls vs External PSTN

Would like to have options for call handling. Specifically the option to send external/pstn calls to voicemails, while allowing internal teams calls to ring. This is particularly beneficial when travelling to other timezones where I might want to receive internal calls but not external.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Show call history for calling queues, including which user answered the call

In the desktop app, at least, show the call history for calling queues of which the user is a member.

If the user is a member of multiple queues, make the list filterable or selectable by calling queue.

The history should also show which user/agent answered a call so the other members of the calling queue can tell what happened, including whether the call was transferred and to whom (but there should be some security around this detail so administrators can configure this for the necessary amount of privacy).

514 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Background blur andriod

Please add background blur option for android users

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Disable Call Keyboard Shortcut

(MacOS User) When I am typing or copying/pasting content, I frequently hitting CMD + Shift + C in error and instantly start a call without any confirmation message. I would like to disable and/or change this keyboard shortcut. It think it at least should launch an alert ballon asking the user "would you like to start a call?" before launching into it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Merge Calls

The ability to "Merge calls" was available in Skype for Business. The ability to call one person, put them on hold then call a second person, and then merge the calls together just like it was on Skype for Business.
    Why was this ability removed?

307 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We’re happy to announce that the Call Merge feature is included in our Dec 2020 Public Preview pack, and will be available to users who opt into Public Preview.

Please see feature details here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams-public-preview/now-in-public-preview-call-merge/m-p/1972987

You can learn more about the new Microsoft Teams Public Preview program here: https://aka.ms/TeamsPublicPreview, and Teams administrators can find documentation to manage which users will see the Public Preview option here: https://aka.ms/TeamsPublicPreviewAdmin

10. when using teams Voice Directory there is no provision for duplicate/Similar names

If you have duplicate user names such as John Smith in your voice directory in teams you receive a message I have found two similar names for smith john. Press or say 1 for john smith, press or say 2 for john smith. There should be an option to add department or location when in the message when there are duplicates. UM had this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Dialed Numbers on Teams remain after calling contacts

After dialing a number on Microsoft Teams using the keyboard, The number remains on the dialed pad for the user to manually delete before making another call. This was observed with the latest Teams update. As of 25/08/2021.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Completely Block Anonymous Calls, Spam Calls, and Already Blocked Calls

It would be marvelous if anonymous and spam calls could be completely blocked such that they do not ring through and such that they do not appear in the activity log; instead they should ideally only appear in a new tab under calls for discretionary review. Additionally, it would be marvelous if calls that have been manually blocked, remain marked as blocked, and are treated in the same manner as described here for anonymous and spam calls.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Inbound caller ID doesn't show all information

The Teams notification does not show phone number when there is an incoming call. Please allow Inbound Caller ID to show both phone number and caller ID name when receiving calls.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please put the Speed Dial section of the Calls page back in the center of the page and put the History section back on the side of the page,

Please put the Speed Dial section of the Calls page back in the center of the page and put the History section back on the side of the page

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow you to create your own layout and resize various windows

The ability to resize and move screens around that suits your needs.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I want Speed Dail back in the middle of the screen on my Teams Call window.

I want Speed Dail back in the middle of the screen on my Teams Call window. This changed and there is NO WAY to go back. Why the wholesale change? Give the users a choice.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add extension support to ressources accounts

We can use extension dialing with standard user (Ex: tel:+12345678901;ext=1234) but we cannot set a extension for a ressources account. We can "hack" something with a dial plan, but having the possibility to use extension with ressources account will be a huge improvment.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. external contacts to subfolders/groups to organize them.

I can add external contacts to the speed dial top level list just fine. But can't create subfolders/groups to organize them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow transfers to external phone number speed dials

Currently, there is no way to transfer a caller to a speed dial / saved contact that is an outside phone number. This is is a basic phone system feature that is sorely needed.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Use annotation tools on a PPT in Teams Call

I miss the ability to use Annotation Tools together on a shared PPT in a Microsoft Teams call. Previously we were using Skype for Business and there this was possible. The Whiteboard is not sufficient for this purpose, since there are no text entry options for example.

131 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base