Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Call Status (when already on a call)

The status indicator (red circle for busy, green circle for available, yellow circle for away) should be more obviously different when someone is on a call/conference call.

I often have people calling me when I'm already on another call, as I think they assume that 'red' = 'busy', and nobody takes the additional step of hovering over someone to make sure they're not on another call. There shouldn't be an additional step, it should be obvious when someone is on a call.

115 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix Mute timeout on PSTN. Send RTCP or Keepalives rather than No Media

After several months of troubleshooting, Microsoft have finally admitted that the issue of call drops and conference participant drops when muting, are by design. When a participant mutes their client (mobile, desktop, or web), the SIP traffic stops sending media, but doesn;t send any for of keepalive to appease Tier 1 carriers that implement NO RTP timers.

The science behind this is that there are Communications RFC’s from the IETF that all providers agree to. One of these suggests that in the event of no RTP being received from the far end, a timer will be set in order to…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. As a user of the organization tab I must be able to call all team members and not only to the chiefs.

When the organization tab is displayed only members of the upper hierarchy can be called by clicking on the box and then clicking on the phone icon.

This feature must be available to all showed members, also the disypled boxes under the hierarchy line

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable "Transfer and consult" for contacts, favorites and speeddials

It is strange that you can't "transfer (and consult)" to a manual dailed number, but you can't find speeddails, manually created contacts or favorites with that same number in the transfer options. If I make a favourite or contact I would espect it to be searchable in the transfer options beacause it is allready possible to dial them mannually anyways.
    I however found a rather inconveniant way to acchieve this trough the new "merge" feature, therefor i'll need to put the received call on hold, call a favourite, consult and merge the call. When calls are merged, I'll have to…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Revert back to the speed dial screen instead of a history list. Massive step backwards in my opinion.!

Revert back to the speed dial screen instead of a history list. Massive step backwards in my opinion.!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. MOH while Call transfer

MOH (Music on Hold) works fine, when I put a caller on Hold.
    When I transfer a caller to anyone else, the caller hears nothing while transfering or consultiv tranfer Process. It would be great to ger here MOH also. The silence during the transfer process is confusing the caller.

130 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Option to hide personal video

Option to hide personal video so that you're not looking at your own video when everyone is on video

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Call queue and auto attendant managers

In Skype for Business there was an option to add a manager to a response group. This allowed a non-IT admin to change hours, holidays, queue members, etc.

Is this coming to Teams (or is it already available and I'm not looking in the right place?)

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Call on Hold timeout

Add a Call on hold Timeout setting. Currently if a user puts a call on hold and forgets, the poor caller sits on hold until they hang up.
    Suggest there is a timeout duration default or customisable setting that alerts the current user (that put call on hold) and if that user does not answers, call follows the users call settings, if unanswered setting.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Transfer active call between devices

https://support.microsoft.com/office/join-a-teams-meeting-on-a-second-device-c28e7407-183b-46ea-ab17-2212700e5f41 only appropriate for transfering during meeting. As we use team for full Enterprise Calling we need this capability for normal phone calls. Webex can do it.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Call confirmation pop up for group call

As user, I would like to get a confirmation pop up before I hit call button on group chat. It often happens that I hit call button unintentionally. This disturbs each one in the chat room and somehow I wish you revert back.
    This option can be configurable so that if few users want call on one hit, they can !

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Forward call queues - option to protect or allow call forwarding on call queues

I would like to have the option that would allow call queues to be forwarded and treated like forward settings.

Lets say, all call queues are protected by default, eq 'Company Primary Queue' does not allow members to forward call externally.
    But many times we need the option on a call queue to be forwarded and treated like any other forwarding call options. This way Microsoft could opt it allowing forwarding for call queues.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow user to select consultative transfer as an option when pushing the transfer button on teams phones

On Teams certified devices, some phones like the Yealink MP56 have a physical button to transfer calls. The issue is that our org (and many others) will only ever use the consultative transfer type. Transferring calls using the touch screen is not ideal because of how small the buttons are, and because its positioning is right next to the hang up button.

It would be ideal if we were be able to select what kind of transfer happens by default when pressing the transfer button, or bring up the transfer type when pressing the transfer button.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ringback Tone for caller when transferring a call

When I transfer calls with the teams client, the line goes dead to the caller until the tranferee picks up or it goes to voicemail. There needs to be a ringback or hold music to the caller. Our callers just tend to hang up after 30 seconds of dead air. I am sure there was a ringback before, but Microsoft support has said it's by design.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Help! New lawn care owner

Good Morning everyone.

I recently just purchased my first home, and unfortunately the previous owners didn't take care of their lawn. I live in Canada, so I have about 2-3 months left of good warm weather before snow comes in.

Is there anything I can do, to get a really good head start on getting grass next season? currently I believe the yard is covered in what looks like crabgrass, and weeds, no real grass. What should I focus on in the fall to get rid of said ****, to get a head start next season. Should I get it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Personalised muting

I want to be able to mute someone in my headphones without muting them for other participants.

If I have a participant in the room with me who is also logged in on their own device as a participant, I hear their voice in real life and then on the call after some lag.

I want to mute them so I don't hear this lag, without muting them to the other participants or muting my headphones.

Essentially I want just a small amount of the kind of control available in Digital Audio Workstations like Logic or Pro-Tools to mix a…

234 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Voice enabled channels - Allow Private Channels to be used

When assigning a call queue to a Team's channel, all members of the Team becomes agents for the call queue.
    It would be interesting to be able to assign the call queue to a private channel so a single Team could be used for a team but limit the people who would be part of the call queue.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. SMS capabilities in Microsoft 365 Business Voice

My M365 voice number should be able to send and receive SMS from the Teams platform.

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base