Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Follow us on Twitter: Official announcements come from our @MicrosoftTeams Twitter handle and often reference our blog at https://TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://M365Roadmap

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need a spam filter for calls

Please add the ability to have a call spam filter like outlook where we could click on the call history and have the option to always send the call to voicemail or to block a caller.

15 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • youtube tab only enables one video per tab

I like that we can add a YouTube tab, but would like to be able to add multiple videos in one tab.

Creating one tab for each video creates too much tabs, and therefore it gets confusing for users

15 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Better support for video/phone calls in conference rooms

I need an easy way to pull up a video/phone call in a conference room without potentially exposing private messages, meetings, etc. This could be a different account, or a login with an option to enter teams with a limited "conference" based feature set. A "do not disturb" feature would work, but not completely disable private sections.

15 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Teams meeting "Call Me" feature should disable computer audio

During a Teams meeting when using the Equivalent to S4B's "Call me At" feature, After using the "call me" function the audio and microphone on my client remain on. This causes a feedback loop since we're usually calling a polycom in the same room.

As an aside, it would be nice if there was list of "call me" numbers that we could build so we're not looking for phone numbers all the time

14 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Pop up a widget for incoming calls to make it easy to answer the call (e.g. Like Skype)

If a call comes in on Skype, it pops up a window that lets me answer. Teams lack this and even makes me hunt for which contact is calling so that I can answer it.

14 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Answer incoming calls automatically

This is a very convenient feature that is available in skype, it allows for setup of a kiosk station with minimal management effort.

Features from skype.

Answer incoming calls automatically
              * Start my video automatically when I am in a call

As it can be invasive, skype also has a feature to Allow calls from... Anyone/people on my Contact list only

As we dont have a contact list in Teams I would suggest that the feature could/would be scoped to Favorites

14 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Basic reports and call lists for queues and AA

Teams needs an overview, reports, log about the usage of call queues with some basic features like number of calls answered, missed, average waiting time.
                Also a list of answered and missed calls.

I have some small businesses who use or want to use Teams as their primary phone system and need AA/Call Queues for some very basic form of "customer service line" (although that term might overstate what they need) and they want to see missed calls so they can return the call.

13 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Caller ID for outgoing Calls

When you call someone using Teams as your Phone system, the caller ID on the receiving end only shows a phone number and location. It should be possible to tag the company name to the number for Caller ID purposes.

13 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Extension Dialing

Dailing by extension is a behavior that our customers and staff are very accustomed to. I expect most customers who are coming from other phone systems, ie. Nortel, RingCentral, and others are used to providing their extension to outside parties to call in to them rather than a bunch of random DID numbers. The July 2018 roadmap indicates that extension calling is available now (https://skypeandteams.blob.core.windows.net/artefacts/Skype%20for%20Business%20to%20Teams%20Capabilities%20Roadmap.pdf) but this is not the case. At least not for external callers calling into an auto attendant.

13 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Save Audio/Video Settings for Future Meetings

Every time I join a meeting, I'm prompted with a "Choose your audio and video settings" box... and every time, video is turned on and audio is turned off. I want the opposite settings so I have to toggle them for every meeting. Please save my settings for future meetings. Add a check-box to "Show these settings for every meeting" or "Save these settings as default". I want to be able to click "Join Meeting" and immediately join the meeting with predictable settings... prompting for these settings is a waste of time.

13 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Please have mute indicator stay visable, instead of auto- hiding. It is valuable to quickly identify if you are muted or not.

Please have mute indicator stay visable, instead of auto- hiding. It is valuable to quickly identify if you are muted or not.

13 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Select Webcam in Settings

Using the settings button while on a web-call appears to have the option to choose which webcam you would like to use, but not all webcams show up from the drop down list (only one appears). Users should be able to select the webcam they want to use for the call in the settings.

13 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • voice settings

The "voice settings" menu from SFB app (Android and IOS) should be implemented in Teams app as well. There you can choose whether calls to cellphone should be VOIP, VOIP on WiFi only or Cellular. In the Scandinavian countries operator-based forking is common, and this setting improves the integration between the operator and Teams. There could also be a setting "VOIP for Teams calls, Cellphone for PSTN calls". Also, make these settings configurable from O365 admin portal and/or Powershell.

12 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• mute

Add the mute participant option to their icon on the main meeting screen. The mute feature is available under the participant icon, but it would be helpful to find the person right on the main screen. With large groups of people in the meeting, it would be helpful to have the mute option right on the screen for the person who is creating too much background noise or feedback vs scrolling through the list of people in the participant window.

12 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Adjust the volume of individuals in a group call

Like discord I would like to adjust the volumes of each member in the call.
                                This is to adjust volume levels to the microphones they are using, or lower background noise from other participants.

12 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Side by Side Video Chat window (for multi-party >2 video chat) Getting Cut Off

We frequently have 3-way video meetings. All parties have widescreen video cameras (required to capture all staff members sitting at boardroom tables at each location) Teams places the 2 external location video streams side by side and subsequently cuts off half of each picture. There are no options to re-arrange the video pictures independently or to show, full screen, who is talking. Ideally, we'd like to be able to resize each of the party's windows how we see fit (including a option to move/resize/hide the window showing what our own camera sees, allow the active speaker's window to take top…

12 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Display Chat Window While in a Call

Regularly I get into a call with someone & then have the need to send items via that chat.

Instead of displaying the call window in full screen, it would be great to have that minimized & display the chat similar to Skype for Business.

12 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Enable rewind in voicemail

I love being able to get my voicemail in Teams, it even has voice to text transcriptions. Please tweak it though so when playing a voicemail you can rewind/scrub the audio recording. You can pause it but have to restart it if you want to hear some over.

12 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Provide recording of audio and/or video meetings in Teams

Provide recording of audio and/or video meetings in Teams for later playback

12 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• make more video call party

currently you can view 4 user when you start video call from group chat.
                                          by some reason it would be more cool if this app can view all parties who join the video confrence

12 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base