Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Being able to create break out rooms in Microsoft Teams video meetings

I am a user of zoom and really enjoy the ability to create breakout rooms during calls. Helps to battle the talking at feeling of video calls

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When video calling, pop out into its own window

When you make, or receive, a call in Teams, i want to pop it into its own window similar to how SFB worked. This is because i have my chats on one screen and my videos on another screen and many times, if we are sharing screens, i make it full screen. When it does so inline, i am forced to move my teams window to my other monitor and then have to move it back when finished.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Background blur for Mac

Hi,
    Please add the Background blur feature for Mac users!

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Adjust the volume of individuals in a group call

Like discord I would like to adjust the volumes of each member in the call.
    This is to adjust volume levels to the microphones they are using, or lower background noise from other participants.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. auto attendant settings users busy

please add an option in Call Queue in order to avoid that Teams client of busy users rings

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add ability to record phone calls (one-on-one)

Add ability to record phone calls (one-on-one)

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Link audio conferencing to video session via Participant ID

Every other web conferencing solution I've used has had the feature that displays a "Participant ID" on the screen when joining the meeting, which you can then enter via keypad on your phone when you call into the audio conferencing line. This links your audio and video session together so the system knows that you are a single person, instead of two different users.

The feature should be available in both the desktop client and the web client.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. voice settings

The "voice settings" menu from SFB app (Android and IOS) should be implemented in Teams app as well. There you can choose whether calls to cellphone should be VOIP, VOIP on WiFi only or Cellular. In the Scandinavian countries operator-based forking is common, and this setting improves the integration between the operator and Teams. There could also be a setting "VOIP for Teams calls, Cellphone for PSTN calls". Also, make these settings configurable from O365 admin portal and/or Powershell.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Indicator if talking on Mute

Mute option is very helpful when we don't want to be heard and prevent and disturbance in ongoing conversation however at times we un-knowingly forget to un-mute before talking on call or in P2P call. It would be helpful if we have indicator which alerts speaker if talking on Mute.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Reorganize the video feeds.

It would be beneficial if there was a way to manually reorganize the video feeds in realtime. i.e. Move the video windows around the screen and reorder them as we wish, when we wish.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. youtube tab only enables one video per tab

I like that we can add a YouTube tab, but would like to be able to add multiple videos in one tab.

Creating one tab for each video creates too much tabs, and therefore it gets confusing for users

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Telephone not ringing on Speaker

If Headset is set as the normal Audio, Telephone ringing is not on the built-in Speaker. In Skype you can adjust this. Please prvide the sam feature for Teams-Phone.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. call hand off between devices

add the capability to hand off video and audio calls between devices.
    lets say you are late back to your desk so you join a meeting or answer a Teams call using your mobile. when you get back to your desk you should be able to and the session on the mobile and continue on your PC.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Virtual Background for teams

For Video conferencing having a virtual background. I see the blurred background option but other providers such as Zoom have a virtual background

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Configure ring duration

In Skype the user has the ability to configure call ring duration of anywhere from 5 to 60 seconds before the call is sent to voicemail or alternate number. We would like this feature in Teams. Our executives use this setting frequently.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Consult Transfer (aka Warm Transfer) Call

Allow users to do a consult transfer or a warm transfer. This could be accomplished two ways:
    1. Put the caller on hold and give an option for a "Consult" button as in Skype for Business where you "call ahead" and make sure the person is ready. Could give second option for chat or call.
    2. Add a conferencing feature that brings a third party into an active call. Allow the second party to leave the call without ending the call for the other parties.

This would allow for a better customer service experience. Option two would also fulfill the…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. DTMF Tones do not work when in a call

If i use teams to make an external call (using my skype for business phone number) the DTMF tones are not detected. So if i'm on a call that asks me to enter my PIN or some other input, it does not work

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Turn off secondary ringer for outgoing calls

When placing an outgoing call my secondary ringer alerts. That is the equivalent of placing a call from an analog wall phone and it giving ringback on the earpiece and the external bell. I like the external ringer for incoming calls but really hate it for outgoing calls so I end up turning it off altogether.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Calls - Big Green button to answer calls

Change the UI for call so the when receiving a call, the button are more like a mobile phone UI. At present, the only button that is coloured is the 'hang up' option. People inadvertently hang up as they click the only but that 'pops' is red. They then have to ring back because they've hung up.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add hang-up / end call confirmation noise

When a 1:1 call ends from the opposite end, there is no confirmation noise that they have hung up, so I always spend a few seconds finding Teams again, opening it up, looking around for a End Call button, only to realize that the other person beat me to it and I'm not on the call anymore. It would be helpful to have a noise confirmation that the call is ended.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base