Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please stop the Slider disappearing, which controls where you can choose whether or not to receive calls for call queues.

From time to time our users loose the call slider for about an hour then it comes back, please can someone fix this. It's really annoying for our users as they can not sign out of a call queue and go to lunch.

See attached picture, the yellow highlighted section, just disappears totally, then returns sometime later. This is totally random as to when it might occur.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make a call from chat

I am in a chat with a colleague and decide I want to call them. Let me click their name, in chat, and have a call option rather than having to go into Call and search for that person.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Conference-Mode in Call Queue and Busy-Option

With the new "Conference Mode" feature, calls are transferred faster, but the "Busy-on-busy" feature from the calling policy is ignored. For normal direct calls to the user, the Busy function will take effect. For calls via the call queue, another call is signalled although the user is already on the phone.
    Can these two functions Busy and Call-Queue Conference Mode be combined?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Pin call controls to top of screen

Have an option to pin the call controls to the top of the screen and always be on top. Something small, but would allow you to continue to work and have quick access to unmute or mute yourself. This should only be pinned when actively on a conference or meeting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow caller to choose voicemail while waiting in call queue

The caller should be able to choose voicemail while waiting in a call queue, instead of waiting for the delay to expire (ex : "press * to leave your coordinates now and we'll call you back")

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make background options enable on android phone

Make background options enable on android phone

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. New 'On Call' icon when user is on call (Audio/Video)

When one gets onto a call on teams, its usually the red icon (same as 'busy') which gets activated. Can we have a new icon to show the user is on call/meeting. Probably a phone icon instead of the red dot icon.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Status and Clearing of call park popup

When placing a call on park, there is a little box that comes up to show the number of the call park. It would be good if this box either:
    - Showed the status of the call. IE on hold or green/red when it's been picked up; OR
    - Disappears when the call is answered.

Having to manually clear them is annoying and doesn't show if the call acutually got answered.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make PowerPoint links clickable

Is someone presents a PowerPoint in teams it would be super great if the PowerPoints links would be clickable. This feature should also be available for live events.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Unable to make selections on Dialpad when using the Teams Android mobile app to make a call

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Teams モバイルアプリの Android 端末における電話をかけた際にダイヤルパッドが選択できない事象について
    Unable to make selections on Dialpad when using the Teams Android mobile app to make a call

■Description(内容):
    Teams モバイルアプリにて電話をかけた際、Android 版の端末ではアーリーメディア中の DTMF 送出に対応していないため、ダイヤルパッドが選択できない事象について、Android 端末でも iOS 版や PC 版と同じく電話をかけた時にダイヤルパッドが選択できるように機能の実装を要望致します。

When you have made a call using the Teams mobile app, on Android devices DTMF signaling is not supported while in the Early Media phase, so it is not possible to make selections on Dialpad. Please make it possible to make selections on Dialpad when calling from the Android app in the same way as can be done when calling from the iOS or…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. (Please) Add a box where we can choose a custom ringtone as OGG,MP3, and Wave files

It perplexes me why Teams on my Windows 10 desktop (and Mobile) does not have the ability to allow me to select my own MP3 (or WAV) file to be used as the ringtone. The built-in ringtones are quite honestly lame and the built-in ringtones just don't cut it. In the settings for Teams, please allow us to browse and select a custom MP3/WAV ringtone file for incoming calls!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. (Please) Add a box where we can choose a custom ringtone as OGG,MP3, and Wave files

It perplexes me why Teams on my Windows 10 desktop (and Mobile) does not have the ability to allow me to select my own MP3 (or WAV) file to be used as the ringtone. The built-in ringtones are quite honestly lame and the built-in ringtones just don't cut it. In the settings for Teams, please allow us to browse and select a custom MP3/WAV ringtone file for incoming calls!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. (Please) Add a box where we can choose a custom ringtone as OGG,MP3, and Wave files

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Don't navigate to Chat on call hang up

If I join a meeting from the Teams Calendar, at the end of the call it always takes me back to the Chat section. Can we have it so that it stays in the same section that the call was launched from? i.e. if I join a meeting from Calendar, once the call ends the Calendar should be in focus.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Hang up call from Windows taskbar

While in a call it would be good to be able to hang up the call by right-clicking on (or hovering over) the Teams icon in the taskbar and selecting 'Hang Up'.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. iOS and Andriod Network performance app for use to troubleshoot Teams voice services

When troubleshooting Teams Voice there is a gap currently in diagnosing the mobile app network performance. This would be great to get the full visbility of the service for analysing. This will also need to be emailed or collected within the platform.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. see status

When adding people into a call it would be a good idea to see the status/availability of the person before being integrated into the call. or at lease to be able to stop the call to that person.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. noise when someone answers a call

When someone answers a call there is usually a delay in answering so sometimes someone will say "hello" and it gets lost in the connection delay. It would be nice to have a little tune or beep noise to let you know when your call has been answered and is now connected to speak.
    Thank you!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Dial code to pick up ringing call

What we are trying to achieve is the following.

1. External call comes into myself on my numbers number.

2. I am out of the office and have not picked up the call as it is stilling ringing

3. Office Admin hears the ringing phone and wants to answer it.

Currently unless the Office Admin is a member of my call group or a delegate she is unable to pick up the call.
    On our current system we can type #7 and the call is then able to be answered by the Office admin.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Newtek TalkShow and Skype TX

We are currently using Newtek TalkShow hardware interfaces that run Skype TX for professional video applications (newsgathering, remote interviews, etc.). They are especially popular right now, given the pandemic. Is there a future for this Newtek/Skype product, and will it wrap into Teams?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base