Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams calling with on prem cisco CUCM

Around 45 million cisco iphone endpoints mostly via cisco on prem CUCM deployements.
    Need Teams to integrate with on prem cisco CUCM so that we can use it as enterprise softphone with on prem PSTN cabability.
    I am sure this would make teams adoption even more compelling within large enterprises like us.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams meeting "Call Me" feature should disable computer audio

During a Teams meeting when using the Equivalent to S4B's "Call me At" feature, After using the "call me" function the audio and microphone on my client remain on. This causes a feedback loop since we're usually calling a polycom in the same room.

As an aside, it would be nice if there was list of "call me" numbers that we could build so we're not looking for phone numbers all the time

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add the ability to easily make a existing scheduled meeting a Teams Video meeting (Skype meeting).

I have lots of existing scheduled meetings. It would be nice to easily add a video option when needed to existing meetings. I shouldn't have to recreate the meeting

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Opt in and out call queue's using / command

Let users/agents be able to Opt in and Out call queue's using the Teams Client. Ideally using the / command option.
    Now they need to use https://aka.ms/cqsettings

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Video Meeting option for locking screen for video recording

Since Teams works so easily with Microsoft Stream to record meetings, my team has hosted training sessions where we have a webcam pointed on a presenter in front of a whiteboard. The output from these recordings isn't ideal because the UI splits the call into four windows.

It would be great if there were an option under the ellipsis menu to enable "Presenter Mode" (perhaps use a different name to avoid confusion with the PPT feature) where the UI locks to the single user who has activated Presenter Mode in the same way that a screenshare locks the UI to…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please add functionality to change size of windows in Teams meetings

When we host video conference meetings with multiple participants the windows show very small. Please add functionality to let the user choose size of each window.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please introduce 3rd party PSTN capabilities. We need conference bridges added to Microsoft Team meetings.

Please introduce 3rd party PSTN capabilities. We need conference bridges added to Microsoft Team meetings.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Would like to have a Teams Soft Phone

I hate Jabber as a chat agent, and the Skype underneath, already takes care of the screen sharing, and team collaboration via chat. However, it makes for a pretty good soft phone, but I would love it if Microsoft could partner with Cisco, or something be done to add a Soft Phone to the Teams ecosystem.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teams places current Call on hold when screen sharing

I call my colleagues using the "Calls" tab in Teams. I am calling their desk phone, which is a land line. Each colleague of mine has their own direct land line number. I use Teams Calls to speak with them. I then wish to share my screen with them, so I find them on the Chat tab, and initiate a screen-share. This immediately places my Teams Call on hold. This is clearly by design, and it is a flaw. We need to be able to share our screens regardless of any other Teams activity. Skype for Business did this flawlessly.…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Teams Contact sync with Outlook

Please make the contacts that show up in the calling tab to be synced with a persons outlook or global address book of sorts. It's annoying having to manage so many different contact books

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. voice settings

The "voice settings" menu from SFB app (Android and IOS) should be implemented in Teams app as well. There you can choose whether calls to cellphone should be VOIP, VOIP on WiFi only or Cellular. In the Scandinavian countries operator-based forking is common, and this setting improves the integration between the operator and Teams. There could also be a setting "VOIP for Teams calls, Cellphone for PSTN calls". Also, make these settings configurable from O365 admin portal and/or Powershell.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to transfer call directly to voicemail

In Skype you could select from a list of numbers for a user (ie. work number, mobile number, and voicemail) and choose which to transfer the call to, would love to be able to transfer directly to voicemail or a mobile number in Teams.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow selection of camera flicker frequency between 50hz & 60hz

Allow selection of camera flicker frequency between 50hz & 60hz like the setting that is available in Skype for Business.

We are just starting to use Teams for video calls and the frequency of the lights causes video flicker because this is not configurable.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Join meetings from Teams

We should be able to join a meeting/call within the Teams app. Currently I can see the "Join" button from the 'Meetings' but when I press it I will be redirected to the web page. The meeting is initiated for Skype for Business.

Thank you!

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Need a spam filter for calls

Please add the ability to have a call spam filter like outlook where we could click on the call history and have the option to always send the call to voicemail or to block a caller.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Reorganize the video feeds.

It would be beneficial if there was a way to manually reorganize the video feeds in realtime. i.e. Move the video windows around the screen and reorder them as we wish, when we wish.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. youtube tab only enables one video per tab

I like that we can add a YouTube tab, but would like to be able to add multiple videos in one tab.

Creating one tab for each video creates too much tabs, and therefore it gets confusing for users

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Background blur for Mac

Hi,
    Please add the Background blur feature for Mac users!

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add people to call

Today, if I am in a 1:1 phone call, I can not add another person, ad hoc, to the call. There should be a + symbol type icon to add another person.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please have mute indicator stay visable, instead of auto- hiding. It is valuable to quickly identify if you are muted or not.

Please have mute indicator stay visable, instead of auto- hiding. It is valuable to quickly identify if you are muted or not.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.