Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Join a video meeting without incoming video to save bandwidth

When participating a meeting, I don't have an option to save bandwidth by shutting down incoming video. [You can close the outgoing video, though]. In situations like attending a meeting abroad through mobile data connection, the video consumes 100's of MB's for a 10-minute meeting. (compared to plain audio, which would be only probably approx 1MB/minute). Or in other cases where you want to save bandwidth and video doesn't come through with good quality (like when working over vpn with a big latency)

Skype for Business had an option to join a meeting with audio only.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Webcam quality is very low

I have a full HD (1080p) webcam which hasn't the same quality in video call than with Skype for Business. We also have fiber optic Internet connection so it's not the cause of the poor image.

It happened on many different computers so I guess it's an issue from Teams.

Question: can you make the video quality much higher?

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Play a music on hold after a call agent answered in a call queue

When a call agent accepts the call and holds it, no music is played and it is really quiet during the hold. I would like the call queue feature to play a music on hold.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Meet Now Without Video. Video On/Off User Setting.

In a conversation or team channel, you cannot "Meet Now" with video defaulted to OFF. If you set it for yourself, yours will not be started. But ANY other person that joins the conversation meeting will have their video turned on without an option to join without it on. This discourages team members from joining calls as they don't want to share video. You should also have a user setting to enable or disable video by default so they don't have to choose to disable video each time they join a meeting. Thanks!

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Meet now Video button

In a Channel, when you click on the Meet Now video button and then click on "Meet Now", the camera is automatically turned on. Please set this to disable so the camera is not automatically turned on, people may not want to start a video call and may just want to do a Screen share.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded

When you click the “Meet Now” button in a channel, you can click the little “Off” or “On” that appears in the window next to the word “Video”, and this will either enable or disable video before the call starts.

Please note we currently allow screensharing only when the video is enabled. If you would like to be able to screenshare without a video, please vote here: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16936774-enable-screen-sharing-without-video-call

6. Call Queue and Auto Attendant Resource Licensing

The idea of requiring Cloud PBX clients to license Call Queues and Auto Attendants is absurd. This is a basic functionality that is available similar services. Furthermore, sneaking in this change without advising any of you partners and or end-users is NOT acceptable. This is going to have a HUGE financial impact on some of our clients. Call Queues and Auto Attendants should be an intrinsic feature as it always has been with Skype for Business Online.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. multiple phone numbers

It would be nice to be able to assign more than one user number to a single user. Call qeues are not always a suited solution. E.g. if the user needs to dial out with different numbers.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Merge two conference calls/meetings into one

Usually when we dial into a conference call meeting, it requires us to input extension number, meeting room numbers or etc. So when I want to combine two meeting into one, I can merge calls in Skype for Business, but cannot find the same feature in Teams. Is there any roadmap to add this feature back to Teams?

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Video Meeting option for locking screen for video recording

Since Teams works so easily with Microsoft Stream to record meetings, my team has hosted training sessions where we have a webcam pointed on a presenter in front of a whiteboard. The output from these recordings isn't ideal because the UI splits the call into four windows.

It would be great if there were an option under the ellipsis menu to enable "Presenter Mode" (perhaps use a different name to avoid confusion with the PPT feature) where the UI locks to the single user who has activated Presenter Mode in the same way that a screenshare locks the UI to…

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Teams meeting "Call Me" feature should disable computer audio

During a Teams meeting when using the Equivalent to S4B's "Call me At" feature, After using the "call me" function the audio and microphone on my client remain on. This causes a feedback loop since we're usually calling a polycom in the same room.

As an aside, it would be nice if there was list of "call me" numbers that we could build so we're not looking for phone numbers all the time

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Incoming call popup is does not display over other open windows

When Teams is minimized to activity tray (lower right) the popup for an incoming call will place itself behind other windows I have open such as browsers etc.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please add functionality to change size of windows in Teams meetings

When we host video conference meetings with multiple participants the windows show very small. Please add functionality to let the user choose size of each window.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Presence based Call Queues/Groups

In Skype for Business on-prem Response Group Groups presence based routing methods:

Longest idle - to offer a new call first to the agent who has been idle the longest (has had a presence of Available or Inactive in Skype for Business Server the longest) .

Parallel - to offer a new call to all available agents at the same time, the call is sent to the first agent who accepts it.

We use these extensively and can't migrate to Teams without finding a replacement. Please add this functionality to SfB Online and Teams Call Groups.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to call either teams uri or PSTN number

In Skyp4B client you can choose to make either a skype call or a call to a PSTN number from your contact list.
    Would love to have this feature in Teams as well so you can right click your contacts and pick either Teams-Teams call (via uri) or call the contacts cell phone/PSTN number through direct routing.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to transfer call directly to voicemail

In Skype you could select from a list of numbers for a user (ie. work number, mobile number, and voicemail) and choose which to transfer the call to, would love to be able to transfer directly to voicemail or a mobile number in Teams.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add people to call

Today, if I am in a 1:1 phone call, I can not add another person, ad hoc, to the call. There should be a + symbol type icon to add another person.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please have mute indicator stay visable, instead of auto- hiding. It is valuable to quickly identify if you are muted or not.

Please have mute indicator stay visable, instead of auto- hiding. It is valuable to quickly identify if you are muted or not.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add the ability to easily make a existing scheduled meeting a Teams Video meeting (Skype meeting).

I have lots of existing scheduled meetings. It would be nice to easily add a video option when needed to existing meetings. I shouldn't have to recreate the meeting

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Manage On-prem Phone Numbers

Now that we have the ability to use Direct Routing to assign an "OnpremPhoneNumber" to a Resource Account via the Set-CsOnlineApplicationInstance cmdlet, it would be nice to take it a step or few further.

I think it would be nice to be able to enter a list/range of "On Prem Phone Numbers" into Skype/Teams.

1, we would be aware of the full range.

2, we can pick from a list when assigning a phone number in the TAC. 3, we can see what unused numbers there are either in the SBAC or using PowerShell. Or the next available.
    4, we…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Jabra integration with teams

Jabra currently highlights integration with Skype and Microsoft lync. Will the option for Microsoft Teams be provided?

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base