Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create enhanced voice routing test case

I'm implementing and test the voice and calling feature and i'm always facing about latency to test some settings when applying changes on voice route / dialplan / emergency routing..due to the replication on overall Teams cloud infra... So it would nice if we have like in skype a test case scenario which is more scalable than the test-cseffectivetenantdialplan with the switch dialednumber. It should also enclose the abilty to specify the site/subnet from where the call is to be done to also see if emergency rules are correclty applied. The main idea is to test based on our config/routing…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I don't see a way to simply bring up a dialpad, enter a phone number and dial it

In Skype for Business, I could simply bring up a dialpad, enter any phone number and place a call, regardless of whether or not they are in my contacts. That is what I want in Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The functionality for Teams Telephony to query an external databse to look-up incoming numbers?

We need the functionality for Teams Telephony to be able to query an external database for incoming caller details?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Redirect/forward incoming call dynamically like had in Skype for Business

When a call came in, you had the option to redirect, forward a call as it came in to another number (such as your cell or home number). This was handy for certain situations where you don't want all calls to be forwarded, just select ones (handling a call right when leaving the office for example, or want to take a call when in a meeting, etc).
    Went to do that today, and found out yet another feature used in Skype for Business is missing in Teams. All I can do is answer the call and then manually transfer it,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Steelseries Arctis Pro headset support

Need support for steelseries arctix pro. Device own mute doesn't interact with Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Option for shared history for call logs

At the moment when I look at my call log, it shows that I have a missed call when a colleague has picked up the call. this is creating the confusion. I need to be able to see my call log on my own, BUT also have option of call log view of team so that if someone in my team pick up the call there is no confusion

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Volume control for individual users in the call

The ability to control the output volume of another user. This would only effect the output on my end. In addition a mute feature that does not mute the participant for the entire call but only mutes them on my end.

This is a feature a lot of other applications have such as discord. I find it very useful when a user is hard to hear or very loud.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Meeting join options

It would be great to have Teams remember my join settings (whether I want to join via PC audio or phone) and in case of phone, remember my default number to call.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Estaria bien que el cliente final de teams pudiera elegir entre rtc microsoft u otra solucion sip profesional externa

Que teams pudiera comportarse como un softphone usando el sip de otras centralitas mas profesionales o con mas años de experiencia como por ejemplo 3cx

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow Audio Conferencing Add On to Business Essentials Plans

I have a Business Essentials Account and want to add an Audio Conferencing License so that I can have call in users attend Teams meetings. This is blocked and reserved for only enterprise licenses E1 and E3. I ended up going outside Microsoft and setup a WebEx account to meet my need. They also have WebEx Teams product that does most of what you do for free.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Better PSTN Calling Plan And Conferencing Options For Light Users

Please consider the following revisions to the PSTN calling plan options:

These changes will allow for greater Teams adoption from "light users" (i.e. users that use Teams PSTN on an irregular basis as a backup mode of communication).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Stop playing annoying bings during my conference calls

During my Teams conference calls I am interrupted by frequent "bing" sounds. It's very distracting and intensely annoying. This never happened when I used to use Skype. I thought it was an incoming email notification but it isn't - it appears to just bing for no reason. Please stop.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Real time translation of languages in meetings.

It would be great if a feature to translate discussion in real time into captions.

Ex: A discussion happening in french and an english guy attending the meeting. It would be great if he can see captions of the conevrsation happening in english on his Teams window.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Provide more action options for incoming calls

We should have options to respond to an incoming call like send it directly to voicemail, a call queue, silence the ring or respond with a message (for internal/federated Teams calls).
    This would be especially useful as inbound calls still ring in your ear when on a current call which is extremely distracting

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Cannot Sort by Company

In the contacts section when you try to call, you cannot see Company nor can you sort by company. That pretty much does zero good to people who use this for business. Can you make it so Company shows up and not just Name, Title, Phone number? Also, can you have the business show up when people call as well instead of just there name?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. screen share

There's a sort of task bar that appears intermittently at the top of the screen when sharing, and there's no button to minimize or hide it. It's annoying because it is at the top of the screen where I need to click in and out of different tabs/windows. I just want to be able to move it to a different part of the screen or minimize it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow Dynamic Distribution Group for Auto Attendant Dial Scope

One of the feature I like on the Teams Auto Attendant is the ability to set the dial scope to a Distribution group. However we are noticing it does not take Dynamic Distribution Group.

Would be good if we can set the dial scope to allow Dynamic Distribution Groups as well, now that our organization is switching to it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Automatically identify the dial in number based on the country you are accessing from

When the pop up for a new call comes up, it gives you an option for dialing in. That dial in number is from the location of the person that set up the call. It would be good, that it automatically identifies your location and suggests the local dial in for the country you are accessing from.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Music on hold for an Auto Attendant - (While call is redirecting to user)

We need music on hold directly within an auto attendant, not only a call queue.

The problem is, when a call is received in an auto attendant, and you setup a redirect to a user, the caller hears silence while it's ringing to the redirected user.

If you use a call queue (just to get music on hold), you don't have the calling number caller ID displayed, instead it shows the name of the resource account assigned to the call queue instead...

Come on... just do it!

You're so close to solving 95% of most businesses simply call answering needs....…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base