Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mute email and other alerts whilst on a call

Would be helpful if email and other alerts could be mutes whilst on a call.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bermuda

Need this functionality available in Bermuda ASAP! Allied World (Customer) has 1500 O365 E3 licenses and needs this functionality for his 130 employees in Bermuda and also for the 1370 employees worldwide! If we don't have the capability to offer this then we will lose the business to Cisco.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Move call out of the screen share

The overlay with controls for ending the screen share, hang up, mute and so on are very annoying when using only one screen. There should be a way to hide those as the bar at the top does.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Telefon functionality with Domestic plan sounds terrible Om my Android phone

Make a cystal clear Sound and optimal use of Bluetooth headphones. This way the Domestic Plan is not useable, because of Bad Sound, perodic clicking, and often loosing Bluetooth Headset connection.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Screen share in landscape (flipped) not working

I have a monitor that is mounted upside down as is necessary for my setup. When the display mode is set to flipped - which is must be for regular use - screen sharing only produces a black flickering screen.
    When I disable flipped mode (and my picture is upside down), screen share works perfectly.
    I have been able to test and reproduce this on two machines.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Dialpad in mobile by default

On iOS (and likely Android) - after selecting the call tab at the bottom of the screen, you first see history and voicemail, and to dial a new number, you have to hit the tiny phone icon in the top right, and then you have to click the dialpad - too many taps to just dial a number.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Dialpad Focus

Make the dialpad have focus so you can type a number right away without a click when you are in the Calls section - now you can't even use a keyboard accelerator

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Background blur with minimal background noise.

Dear Microsoft,

Thank you for amazing softwares. Well recently I’ve seen a feature that Microsoft team released about background blur where you can blur your background while you’re doing a video call or having an online presentation. It would be much more interesting if we can minimise the background noise as well in realtime.
    We can do Fast Fourier Transform on person’s voice after that we’ll have a person’s voice frequency. Now we only want to allow the transmission of person’s frequency to other side. This will help us to reduce noise. More precisely it would be amazing if we…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Video menu animation

Would be nice to have an option to not animate the menu options for overlay when moving mouse. The world gets enough animation form web pages. I find it very distracting. Would be nice if the user had control on when the menu options should appear through a button somewhere.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow call contacts to be centralized amongst teams or users

The calls tab is per-user. It should integrate to a Global Address Book where contacts can be maintained centrally for all Call users.

For example, A user adds a phone number/contact to their address book. They should be able to add it to a group (i.e. shared) that will show for all users.

This saves duplication of contact information for each individual user.

This should also sync to Outlook contacts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Disabling microphone when Teams is in the background

Ctrl-Shift-M shortcut for muting your microphone in Teams does not work when Teams is in background (listening to a call) and checking something in another application (Chrome, Outlook, etc.). I would be nice to have a global system shortcut.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Incoming Call opens URL

If there is an incoming call, Teams should open (if actived in the preferences) an URL with the number of the dailer. Many countries have public phone book services which can be queried "www.phonebook.com/0587777777" which can show the company who called me. It can also be used to start the customer data from the on-premise CRM system, if the URL lookup is possible. It should't use a lot of effort to add this feature in Teams Windows client to activate it and definde the URL.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. No conference connection

IT is absolutly necessary that the calling functionality is available in EMEA on Business hours

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. dial in confrencing

Add more numbers to dial in conferencing in the default generated numbers.

As of Now I can see only 2 numbers for Toronto.

Add more numbers for different provinces.

https://dialin.teams.microsoft.com/3b8541f7-38e5-41b8-95bd-5d8a32e16aa1?id=70339107

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. We need the ability to make a single attendee, full screen when meeting. At this time, it adds up to 4 participants into the screen.

We need the ability to have 1 attendee full screen as a presenter. At this time, there is no way to do that. It automatically adds up to 4 people in the screen during large meetings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Need an option to be able to view the video stream being shared during the meeting., while on the phone version of teams.

Right now, the video appears only when the screen is tapped. Need a way to view the continuous stream, especially on the mobile version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Support for custom confirmation message in Auto-Attendant Menus

When I select an option in an Auto-Attendant menu, I get a computer-generated confirmation that the call is transferred to the the selected option. I would like to have the ability to upload prerecorded confirmation for each options and/or turn the confirmation off completely.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.