Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Disable Audio, Video, and Desktop sharing by user

Our users are spread across the globe, with varying bandwidth strength and local policies on video calling. We desperately need the ability to enable audio, video, and desktop sharing in Teams only to a subset of users (either by users or by location). We are able to do this with Skype, so makes sense to do the same in Teams.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Being able to focus and enlarge a camera/confrence room video stream

When there is a video stream from a camera it's shared with other non camera feeds (user avatars). I'm able to select a "Screen Share" stream and make it full screen; I wish I could do the same with a conference room feed / camera feed and not have the main camera feed cut off by other users' avatars without a camera.

This would also solve issues with the video feed being cut-off.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Meeting Record Quality is low

The meeting record quality is worse than the actual realtime video. For screen share video's this can make somethings difficult to read due to the blocky-ness of the recording.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Side by Side Video Chat window (for multi-party >2 video chat) Getting Cut Off

We frequently have 3-way video meetings. All parties have widescreen video cameras (required to capture all staff members sitting at boardroom tables at each location) Teams places the 2 external location video streams side by side and subsequently cuts off half of each picture. There are no options to re-arrange the video pictures independently or to show, full screen, who is talking. Ideally, we'd like to be able to resize each of the party's windows how we see fit (including a option to move/resize/hide the window showing what our own camera sees, allow the active speaker's window to take top…

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Opt in and out call queue's using / command

Let users/agents be able to Opt in and Out call queue's using the Teams Client. Ideally using the / command option.
    Now they need to use https://aka.ms/cqsettings

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Caller ID for outgoing Calls

When you call someone using Teams as your Phone system, the caller ID on the receiving end only shows a phone number and location. It should be possible to tag the company name to the number for Caller ID purposes.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow microphone gain to be set by user

During quiet times the app auto gains the call and this cannot be overridden. Under the old desktop Skype you could set the microphone gain to the desired level and turn off AGC. This option should be available

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Voicemail on busy

When someone calls me, either internally or externally, and I'm on another call, the default behavior should send the call to voicemail after popping a notification and perhaps a subtle ring. This business of ringing more than once when I'm on a call is not helpful.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Receive inbound calls in Teams via Calling Plan

Currently, it appears that Teams ignores PSTN calls except if outbound, sending calls directly to voicemail unless Skype is open. In order to migrate our organization to Teams, we need to have PSTN calling fully operational in Teams.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Show Number Normalization like in Skype for Business

Presently there is no feedback to the user when using to Dial pad or /Call that the number is being normalized. Unlike in Skype 4 Business when you dial an extension number (and this gets normalized) there is no indication to the user that they are dialing a valid number before they press call

In this example I'm using 4 digit extensions and I have a normalization rule to translate 5xxx to a full number. Pressing Call will normalize and call the number, but there is no preview of the number, No reverse contact lookup etc

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make a call on behalf of a Call Queue

A call queue agent should be able to make a call on behalf of the call queue they are a member of. The calling line ID should be shown as the number associated with the Call Queue and not the agent's personal number.

Similar functionality existed in Lync and Skype for Business - https://support.office.com/en-us/article/answer-and-make-calls-for-a-response-group-in-lync-2010-d9182de9-32f6-492d-90cd-9bd0c0a390b2#makeacall

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. It would be good a way to pin a user as maximized on video call

When in a conference call, currently is not possible to pin the video to be maximized allowing to focus just in one person.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Call my phone

Have the audio conferencing call my desk phone instead of having to call into a phone number and use a pin. Much better when not using a headset.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add an option to disable auto-adjusting mic level

When on the call the Teams will automatically adjust the mic sensitivity level. I want it to stay at the same level. It's really annoying as it picks up background sounds when not talking. Also, it doesn't readjust it after the call, so i.e. if I had set level 50% before the call the Teams will readjust it to 80% and it will stay at 80% after the call has ended. This forces me to keep manually adjusting the mic level. It's a minor thing, but really infuriating. Would be really great, to just have a checkbox to disable mic…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow call agents to answer the call directly without playing the music on hold for a call queue

With a call queue, music on hold is played until a call agent answers the call, but this is unnecessary, so I would like to make a call agent answer the call directly without playing the music in Microsoft Teams call queue.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Voicemail forward

Like on an iPhone ..there should be an ability to forward voicemail to other team members.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow selection of camera flicker frequency between 50hz & 60hz

Allow selection of camera flicker frequency between 50hz & 60hz like the setting that is available in Skype for Business.

We are just starting to use Teams for video calls and the frequency of the lights causes video flicker because this is not configurable.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Video when minimized

If you minimize the client in a video conference, it would be great if it would bring up a small video window on top... similar to what Skype For Business when it is minimized and you are in a video call.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Forward calls from the auto attendant to an External Number

In a scenario when there are still enough credits on the organization.

It would be great if the auto attendant could have a feature to route/forward messages to an external number like a Phone or an Alternate Office Number.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Enable audio recording for private calls MS Teams

Users want to have the option to record one-on-one calls in MS Teams.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base