Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. option to turn the background of video call white/black/blue in addition to blur

option to turn the background of video call white/black/blue in addition to blur

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Keep current calls when switching between organizationx

The use case: I am on a group call - audio or video and I need a document that is i a team channel in another organization. When I change organization the call drops and I cant get on until I change back to the original org. Any current calls should be kept alive while changing org.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Audio/Video calls not working between Team users

When starting an audio or video call from the Desktop app to another Teams user (app-based as well), s/he does not get a notification of an incoming call. And viceversa: I don't get notified of incoming calls from another Teams user.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Call controls need to remain visible when doing other Teams activities

We use Teams with Microsoft phone system, aka cloud voice, and make and receive PSTN calls frequently from Teams.

If you place an outbound call and then, during the call, navigate to a channel to open a document, Teams desktop will often hide the call controls. When this happens, the only way to see call controls seems to be to close the document - which, of course, defeats the purpose of viewing a document while also managing the active call.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. video setup

You cannot setup audio and video settings in Teams unless you setup a call. Is that not weird?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ipad

When using Teams on iPad, and when holding iPad in horizontal orientation, than upon video calling someone, I see myself in the right bottom corner in a small VERTICAL standing rectangle. This is a bug. Rotating iPad does not help. In horizontal orientation, I would like to see myself in the right bottom corner also in small horizontal rectangle.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. green

It would be nice to have the ability to change backgrounds if your video takes place with a green screen behind you. This is a feature that Zoom has that is very helpful in situations where you are working remote or using in a sales process capacity.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. vimeo

Can we please have an integration with the Vimeo or the Streams Service, so we can natively embed videos that are hosted securely on that service. We don't really want to use 'unlisted youtube' videos if we hosting confidential content. On that point, I'm currently trying to post a youtube video in a tab on Teams and it won't find it, even if I put the url in. Can you only embed 'public' videos?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to have an on-going call session

Within a team, it would be nice to have a separate voice channel that users could just hop into and out of. That way members can do impromptu meetings for whoever is available.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. URL of Audio Conferencing Reset Pin is not working

The URL for Reset PIN is automatically generated as: https://mysettings.lync.com/pstnconferencing which is not working now.

In this case, users can only reset PIN via https://admin0f.online.lync.com/lscp/usp/pstnconferencing as workaround.

Please change the automatically generated URL of Reset PIN button to to available URL instead

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. A background noise cancellation & clear voice feature would be grateful

My overall experience with teams is awesome but the only problem is sometimes the host or the other members are clearly audible. In this case, a background noise cancellation feature along with clear voice feature would be a great help.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Automatically mute other apps when incoming call

Experience no smooth transition between Teams and other apps running with sound.

Skype automatically muted other apps (music/radio/sound) when incoming call. Is there similar settings for Microsoft Teams?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hide Agent details from Queue Calller

When a Teams caller makes a call to a Teams Queue, on the call being answered, the caller can see the agent details. It would be nice to have the option to mask the agent details so that the caller can only see that they have called a queue.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Custom background images are flipped in the my own view of myself.

When I use a custom background image, my preview of myself shows the image horizontally flipped, while the other participants see it normally. At first, I figured that is an issue with the new feature and therefore manually flipped my uploaded image - making a fool of myself when others saw the flipped logo of my employer's standard image... Would be less confusing if that was corrected for in the local preview!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Background in Videocalls

Hi there,

I was just wondering if there is a way of keeping the background of videocalls in every session? I set up the background in one VC and when I have another one I have to set it up again. I have more than one videocall a day, sometimes one right after the other. It is a bit exhausting to be setting up the background everytime I start a VC.

Cheers,
    Maricarmen

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. to be able to blur background or put a background image

I would really like to be able to change the background and put an image as the background, or at least blur the background, like the desktop version. Thank you!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Talkie-Walkie Mic during a Conference

Instead of muting our mic everytime due to background noises we can rather have a Talkie-Walkie functionality so when we click and hold on a button we can talk (can listen others simultaneously) and it stops when releasing the button.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base