Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. call quality alerting

For both Teams and Skype we need the ability to generate automated alerts if the call quality drops below pre-defined thresholds. This should provide an insights that might help isolate root cause so action can be taken as appropriate.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. peer to peer calling chrome error message

As mentioned in case number 14276459

When you make a peer to peer call in chrome the error message states to use edge or chrome or download the app. Problem is users are in chrome and the error message says to use chrome. So people call for support thinking it is an issue on their computer that we can resolve.
    If the error message could better inform the user to use edge or the app for peer to peer calling that would be great.
    Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hotkey Dialer

There should be the possibility to add a hotkey to dial the marked number

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve the "Choose a person to consult" and "Transfer the call" workflows

During both the Transfer and Consult and Transfer workflow, the following improvements could be made:

1) Keep focus on the Search box -- this loses focus half a second after opening
    2) Show more than 4 users in the box at once
    3) Prioritize the search box by frequency of contact (i.e. most transferred to)
    4) Allow Voice as the default Consultation method

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Contact presence contacts list using the calls feature.

I have noticed that I cannot tag a contact to notify me when their presence changes from my contacts list using the calls feature. It can only seem to be done via chat. Is this by design or am I not doing something?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Have separate saved audio devices for meetings and phone calls

It's great that Teams remembers my last audio device selection, but it only remembers one. I tend to use different devices for meetings (my desktop Polycom) and 1:1 calls (my headset). It would be much better if Teams remembered distinct devices for meetings and calls.

As it is, it is very awkward to answer a call and then go fishing for the right setting to switch to the correct audio device.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Separate text private chat config from Voice Chat config

Regarding Voice chat capabilities in Teams, features are not on par with Skype yet. Many companies need to transition from Skype on-prem configurations to Teams voice calling/chat.

The persistant user centric text based chat in Teams is so much better than the Text based chat in Skype.
    BUT if a company needs to disable Teams Voice Chat because of transition time, this company can only disable the text based chat, too, because it´s all summed under certain interop modes.

Please give the possibility to ONLY disable the calling features in Teams, but leave all text based chat features (private Chats,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add a prompt to confirm if you want to make a call before the call is transmitted (to avoid accidental calls)

To avoid accidental calls (particularly a nuisance for large groups), it would be good to have a prompt on screen that requires that you confirm that you wish to make the call. It's easy to accidentally hit the call button without realizing you're in the right group chat, or just simply by accidentally clicking the phone /video icon when attempting to access settings.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Disable Devices

To permanently... as is permanent... not just on off... but .. totally and completely... remove the camera device from Teams. The current setup of just having the camera on/off button is prone to being accidentally switched on. I hate Teams by the way... If I didn't have to use it, I would throw it out with the Trash.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. extension numbers

I see nothing in the Road Map regarding the use or internal extension numbers to dial teams users within the same tennant. Is this something that is planned? Many clients have requested this functionality and have turned away from teams based on the lack of this feature. If i have a user in a different part of the building I cannot see the difficulty in configuring their presence in Teams to recognise if 500 is dialled that it goes to the particular user associated with that number in teams. This would then tie into auto attendants, when a customer calls…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Request to show the full Meetings expiry date

Teams Meetings expiry date which is shown on the recording video is omitted and shown as “…” in Japanese, it doesn’t show full texts. I would like you to enable it to show full date.
    The date is properly shown in English.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Indicate whether an incoming call is video, or voice only

When you're notified of an incoming call, you given the opportunity to answer with video or voice only. It would be good to be shown whether the caller has chosen video, or voice only so you can better decide how to answer.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Change the behavior of conference calls

1. Give us the option to turn off the dumb vertical-video cropping and just present the video letterboxed if needed.

90% of my conference calls I get a clear view of a table and NONE of the participants because I have another remote user cutting my 4k display in half and the "intelligent" cropping is dumb as ****.

1. DO NOT SPLIT THE VIDEO PANE FOR NON-VIDEO PARTICIPANTS. WHY IS THIS EVEN A THING?!

Put a bubble with their avatar at the bottom of the screen and animate it somehow so I know when they are talking. It's literally that simple.

1. Give…
    3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow Direct Routing to reach Skype for Business Online users

Allow Direct Routing to reach Skype for Business Online users the same as Teams users. This would simplify cloud deployments and create an easier deployment path for customers that wish to use Microsoft's cloud, but Teams does not meet their needs today. Many customers are forced to deploy CCE in this situation and a lot of work has to be thrown away when they want to transition to Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Improve Contact Card in Call Center

Please can you Improve the Contact Card to more Information, like Phone Numbers and the possibility of rating, for example in a Group of contact add a sort possibility for most contact person ( Chat/Call) and than A-Z. Also a link to history report would be greatful.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Phone Skype Enterprise (Teams) for Switzerland

Hello,

Do you know when it will be possible to pass and receive calls with Skype Enterprise (Teams) For Switzerland ?

Thank you for your reply.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Move call out of the screen share

The overlay with controls for ending the screen share, hang up, mute and so on are very annoying when using only one screen. There should be a way to hide those as the bar at the top does.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. keyboard shortcut for dialing a phone number

Create a keyboard shortcut for getting to the Calls dialing window (Ctl-Shift-D) to allow pasting a phone number to dial.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Call history and contacts for non-Enterprise Voice customers

According to this (https://support.office.com/en-us/article/view-your-call-history-in-teams-6457f0cb-4af6-46a0-936d-349e262e7355) call history is only available for customers with an Enterprise Voice license. In fact the Calls button on the left doesn't even exist me. I feel this is a mistake. The calls button exists in the Mobile app and I use it all the time to view my call history and the length of calls for filling out my timesheets. I'm hoping you don't see this as a bug in the mobile app but rather understand that when the teams-to-teams (non-telephone) call history was removed from the chat (which I'm ok with) users still…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base