Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add ability to call the mobile of a M365 F1 user

This issue occurs for licensed users that have M365 F1 subscriptions assigned. Although these users have a mobile number associated to their AAD user account, Teams users that have dialing plans assigned, cannot call the mobile number of F1 users nor is it available for selection: Teams initiates a Teams call and does not display their mobile number as an option to call.

USE CASE: Frontline workers leverage their mobile phone for connectivity to work. Back office staff such as Life Safety Department, must lookup the frontline workers 10 digit number in the Outlook GAL, Delve, etc. before using the…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatically set Phone Configuration Profiles

Configuration Profiles currently need to be manually assigned making us have to check the portal all the time to see if there are new devices. Also there is no way to tell if a configuration profile has been assigned so we have to select all every time to make sure.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Subtle secondary ringer when already on a call

When on a call. If a second call comes on, the ringtone drowns out the current call.

Make the second call ringtone more subtle, similar to how it works on a mobile/cell phone.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Mute all other audio when you answer a call

IN Skype for business all other audio muted (such as audio streaming, youtube, videos etc) but in teams this does not happen but I think this is a must have feature.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Place calls by Clicking Phone Numbers

Skype PE was always integrated with windows whenever there is a phone number in any website or even in Outlook contacts, I can click the number and system will pop up a message to call using Skype PE.

Examples:
    Pic 1
    Pic 2

Please make this option with Teams since we are moving to it.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make the Teams 'Calls' UI more like a cell phone screen

Make the Teams 'Calls' UI more like a cell phone.
    My company has started using teams and almost everybody (well everyone I have called, and I do it too) hits the 'hang up' icon rather than the 'answer' icon. The correct icon to hit to answer the call is counter intuitive.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow for 4-digit transferring and conference dial-out

While a 4-digit dial plan and normalization works for regular dialing out via Direct Routing, transferring to a 4-digit number or getting called by a 4-digit extension for a transfer always fails. This also applies to dialing out from a conference call.

While this is considered a known issue, I want to emphasize that this is a deal-breaker for my organization using this for the time being. I would imagine I'm not the only one as other organizations are using 3-4 digit extensions that would be affected by this in their direct routing scenarios.

Known Issues:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/known-issues

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Can we include amount of likes a questions receives in a Teams Live Event?

When report downloads for questions asked in a teams live event, it would be really handy if a column could be added that states how many likes the questions receive.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Connect Conference Dial in to Video Call

It would be nice to have the ability to connect an audio call in to a video connection so the extra "Block" does not exist. This functionality is referred to as Audio Pin in other systems. We often call in on the conference lines separately from the video in the event we have performance issues on the video side so the conversation can continue without being interrupted.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Default local conference call number

Wen I set up a Skype/teams conf call it shows a US +1 local number. Can you let me personalize the default numbers (Europeans) in order to avoid people to click on "Find a local number" site?

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Content sharing for new applications started after the call/meeting begun

When sharing contents for a single window, applications started after the call/meeting has begun will not show up in the list. The only way is to end the call and call again/leave the meeting and join back in to see the application in the list.
    Please add the support to monitor the current process and enable content sharing for new window.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. MS Teams HOLD (pause) capabilities

Since MS Teams is not always the only communicates tool in the enterprise (e.g. Jabber, WebEx, Zoom, etc.) there may be time that you need to put an existing MS Teams call (meeting) on hold to take or make another call. It would be nice to have a HOLD Button within MS Teams calls similar to how a meeting is put on Hold if you make another call within MS Teams. I have to quick call and hang up on someone to be able to put a call / meeting on hold so that I can leverage my other communications…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Airpods and master volume

I cannot control the master volume on my computer when I use airpods. When I decrease the computer volume to the lowest setting (even muted), the volume is still far too loud.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Coloured call receiving icon

The call receiving icon is grey in colour; we request a green coloured icon. Grey colour feels they are disabled; the only coloured icon is the call reject. Today when multitasking the red icon looked as the only enabled icon and I rejected my customers' call twice. Hope this suggestion helps. Thank you!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Color of the answer a call icon

My only issue with this product to date is that it is too easy to accidentally click the red phone icon when someone calls, which disconnects the call. I think that if the answer icon were a green phone, it would solve the issue.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hide Agent details from Queue Calller

When a Teams caller makes a call to a Teams Queue, on the call being answered, the caller can see the agent details. It would be nice to have the option to mask the agent details so that the caller can only see that they have called a queue.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. mute person

Mute the person next to you, so you don't hear them double and delayed.

I had a meeting the other day with some collogues and when the person next to me in the office talked in i could hear him in real life and in the conference call. i then tried to "ignore" him, but that globally mutes him for everyone.

I need a button to mute the person next to me only for me, as i can hear him in real life and there is no need for me to hear his sound in the conference call as well.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Missed calls - show in chat

When someone has called, and I miss it - to show the missed call in the chat.

Today it is too subtle that I've got I missed call, I miss this all of the time.

I spend most of my time in the chat section of Teams, this is where I've got all the information regarding my conversations with my coworkers. To only shows as a new "un-read" message and the first time I open the chat is fine.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Call rolling to other before returning to me

If I don't answer a call in 20 seconds, it is set to go back into the call queue. Right now it continues to return to me specifically until I put myself on Do Not Disturb, even if someone else is available in the queue. The call should try rolling to every other available person in the queue before it returns to me.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Lock unmute option, behind a warning to prevent accidental unmute to avoid embarassment

Sometimes by mistake you click on mouse

or unmute button on your headphone and you are sitting at home/travelling on a bus,

then so much noise is there behind...

So we can bring an option to lock unmute. So that when you press unmute, there should be a warning coming,,

Do you really want to unmute ?

Many calls we are just listener and there on mute throughout...

People have to face embarassment due to accidental unmute.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base